Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi Peaches,

Congratulations on your surgery! Did the surgeon say if it occured when you had a past fill, defective tubing or maybe it was pricked during your initial surgery? Just curious. I'm sure you posted before but did you have to pay for this surgery or did the doctor cover it.

Glad you feeling good.:thumbup:

Sonya

There was no charge to me (just the suffering ha,ha,ha and waiting for repair) I have always had my fills done by his RN there at the clinic so no way could anyone else be blamed. Just plain old human error.. I think I'll get my port site tatooed what do you think?

Nixx on the tatoo, Peaches. As you loose weight the site will change because your belly changes. I asked my son, who will be a Radiation Therapist in a month. They tatoo the spots where they have to administer radiation, but they still image the sties regularly to make sure that the tatoo is still in the correct location. Changes in weight can make a difference.

Well, I'm off to the weddiing. I got to admit, I look pretty hot in my size 14 skirt and 3-inch heals. More and more, people don't recoginze me. This morning someone said that she thought she knew me, but she couldn't place me. When I told her how she knows me, she couldn't believe it! How much fun is that?

Thank you everyone for your congrats on reaching 100! It is a milestone for sure, but no one else knows it. I love you guys!

Oh Jackie, I just loved your post. It was so cool. I'm a sucker for those sentimental things. Thanks for posting it. Sweet. I'm going to have to check air fares to Minn. for this summer. I could probably drive it, but I don't think it would save money........and I am not a long trip car person. My neighbor is a fight attendant for Northwest, maybe I can talk her into a buddy pass. That would be great. TTYL

I need to apologize...didn't mean to post in the Lucky Sevens thread. Thought I was in the 50's thread. Sorry about that.

Nixx on the tatoo, Peaches. As you loose weight the site will change because your belly changes. I asked my son, who will be a Radiation Therapist in a month. They tatoo the spots where they have to administer radiation, but they still image the sties regularly to make sure that the tatoo is still in the correct location. Changes in weight can make a difference.

Well, I'm off to the weddiing. I got to admit, I look pretty hot in my size 14 skirt and 3-inch heals. More and more, people don't recoginze me. This morning someone said that she thought she knew me, but she couldn't place me. When I told her how she knows me, she couldn't believe it! How much fun is that?

Thank you everyone for your congrats on reaching 100! It is a milestone for sure, but no one else knows it. I love you guys!

That wedding will be so fun, you'll be more popular than the Bride!!! :w00t:

So the tatoo was a bad idea huh? Bummer, I thought I had everything figured out :thumbup:

Hey gang you all look like you have been busy since this morning..

Ok I went and got gray covered - nails & toes done - tanned - went Stein Mart again - only bought a pair of capri's - but did try on 2 dresses that were size 12 - my body is changing - before I couldn't get into a 14 dress even thought i was wereing 10/12 pants - Looked really good but didn't love them and told myself you got 19 lbs to go so just wait.. I am a pure size 10 pants:tongue: - I just can't beleive my body - the only thing is my arms - they would be so much smaller if i didn't have these bat wings - I think I really might go see a p.s. about them - whats the use of being thin with FAT arms that look like SH*T.. My tummy and legs aren't great but not super bad and they are covered - I would like to wear some of these sleeveless summer dresses and here in the Desert it is so much cooler with less clothes in the summer..

Karri - I was just thinking about you before I got on the computer - I was wondering about you & the getting on the scale all the time - No rings ?

OMW you don't take after your band mommy in that department - I LOVE JEWELRY :thumbup: Also shocking you and waffles - you go girl you are changing your mindset..

Peaches - Linda's right my incision site/scar is now about 1 or 2 inches below my actual port. How are you feeling today?? Good I hope...

If you want a tattoo - get it some place else - heck I have a sun on my ankle and my nose is pierced (tiny diamond) see Karri I even have jewelry in my nose :w00t:... I am a 53 yr youngster..

Linda - You gotta post some picutes !!! We really want to see what 100 lbs gone looks like... I bet you look Hot in that skirt & heels - Hope you have a good time..

Kari - If you could get a buddy pass that would be so cool - I wish I had a friend who worked for the airlines :drool:

Apple2 - No problem - we aren't going to kick you out - Peaches - Phyl and I know your name from the 50ths thread - it's no biggie - we aren't snobs - you can post if you want to... We are a freindly bunch - but beware on this thread we have 2 food cops (me & salsa) and we give tough band love too (I do that on the 50 thread too) - We are all about support & friendship - we are real and tell it like it is ...

So the tatoo was a bad idea huh? Bummer, I thought I had everything figured out :w00t:

Well, we could be like the Biggest Loser guys

... remember they went to Vegas for the weekend

and they all got tattoos????

We could get tattoos on the Mall of America weekend!!! :thumbup:

DH would absolutely KILL me!!! :drool::drool:

Janet,

I can tell you for sure that we are not going

ANYWHERE

until the wind quits!!!

It's horrible!

DH is packing/stowing things a little bit each day.

Today the outdoor carpets were folded up and put away because they've been blowing all over the place anyways!

Weather Channel website says it's supposed to quit by 8pm TOMORROW night!

We DO NOT drive the RV in wind like this!

Went shopping today..

last trip to the COD Street Fair for this season..

bought a cotton knit capri set.. lavendar, with embroidered flowers!

Pretty! But it won't due in the cold up north..not before about July!

And I bought two more bras/5 undies at Lane Bryant again!

Stripes (apple green, turquoise, yellow, white, teal... and swirly dots (turquoise & blue..like this font)

... probably would not pass Janet's "age appropriate" test!

DH wants to know what will happen if I wear a white top?????

Easy answer...

you will probably see stripes or swirly dots!!

Hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend!

Jackie.... that was a GREAT post!

Well, we could be like the Biggest Loser guys

... remember they went to Vegas for the weekend

and they all got tattoos????

We could get tattoos on the Mall of America weekend!!! :thumbup:

DH would absolutely KILL me!!! :drool::drool:

Janet,

I can tell you for sure that we are not going

ANYWHERE

until the wind quits!!!

It's horrible!

DH is packing/stowing things a little bit each day.

Today the outdoor carpets were folded up and put away because they've been blowing all over the place anyways!

Weather Channel website says it's supposed to quit by 8pm TOMORROW night!

We DO NOT drive the RV in wind like this!

Went shopping today..

last trip to the COD Street Fair for this season..

bought a cotton knit capri set.. lavendar, with embroidered flowers!

Pretty! But it won't due in the cold up north..not before about July!

And I bought two more bras/5 undies at Lane Bryant again!

Stripes (apple green, turquoise, yellow, white, teal... and swirly dots (turquoise & blue..like this font)

... probably would not pass Janet's "age appropriate" test!

DH wants to know what will happen if I wear a white top?????

Easy answer...

you will probably see stripes or swirly dots!!

Hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend!

Jackie.... that was a GREAT post!

Phyl

Age appropriate doesn't go for underwear :w00t:

It was nice here for a while - but the winds have picked up again - I HATE THE WIND - I know those are very strong words but I do.. I have to have the a/c on cuz we can't open doors....

Ya let's get little hearts wit the #7 in them :drool: or a red/white/blue 7:thumbup:

I like the idea of Mall Of America Tats' too funny I say DICE with the lucky Seven's on them...

Phyl

Age appropriate doesn't go for underwear :biggrin:

What about tattoos?????

:thumbup::confused::eek::confused::eek:

HI! I have a palm tree tat on my ankle--I'm in for another little one when we're in MN! Not a dice though, a heart would be OK--or a sun like Janet's, or sandals, or a lily--something tropical. . .

So the wedding was fun. Didn't eat much--half my salad, a couple bites of meat, one bite of potato, only two bites of cake (my fav.). A year ago I would have cleaned my plate. I did have 2 glasses of wine and a sip of champange. I have to say, I had a lot more fun talking to people than I ever did before. Felt so confident! It was an unusual wedding. The bride was traditional and beautiful, but the groom? Can you say spikey Mohawk? Chains? Tatoos, piercings, tennis shoes and a tux? Someday they're going to want to to hide the wedding pictures. He's actually a very nice Christian guy--once you get past appearances.

What about tattoos?????

:thumbup::confused::eek::confused::eek:

Tat's are age appropriate - I have one got it when I was 43 (since I have had long pants or nylons on when you have seen me you haven't seen it) and my nose pierced when I was 50. I have always loved the little diamond look in the corner of the nose - but always thought I was too old too fat to get one - then one of our marketing reps came in with done- she is thin but my age - I said what the heck - I am not too old I am not too fat - this is what I want - I am doing it - so I did it !!!

You are never too old to do something you have always wanted to do - in fact imho it's your right and duty to make yourself happy. We are never too old or fat or whatever - as long as it's not hurting anyone else who gives a flying * - it's your life to do with as you please... My boss hated my nose piercing infact I knew he would hate it as we have discussed it for yrs - one xmas I glued a crystal on my nose and told him I got it pierced.. :eek: I love bugging him !!!!

HI! I have a palm tree tat on my ankle--I'm in for another little one when we're in MN! Not a dice though, a heart would be OK--or a sun like Janet's, or sandals, or a lily--something tropical. . .

So the wedding was fun. Didn't eat much--half my salad, a couple bites of meat, one bite of potato, only two bites of cake (my fav.). A year ago I would have cleaned my plate. I did have 2 glasses of wine and a sip of champange. I have to say, I had a lot more fun talking to people than I ever did before. Felt so confident! It was an unusual wedding. The bride was traditional and beautiful, but the groom? Can you say spikey Mohawk? Chains? Tatoos, piercings, tennis shoes and a tux? Someday they're going to want to to hide the wedding pictures. He's actually a very nice Christian guy--once you get past appearances.

Linda - you can get a sun and I can get a palm tree - wouldn't that be just to funny - the over 50 gang going in to a tattoo shop - getting tat's they would just crack up... That really would be a site:lol::lol::lol:

Sounds like you did so good at the wedding -ya the younger generation tennies and tux - I am just too tradtional for that :biggrin:

Well good morning Gang

I am still reading the paper - drinking coffee - I slept til 8:15 a.m. :tongue:

and I am not rushing anything today.. I think I will try and hit the gym cuz i didn't go yesterday - but who knows. My muscles are still a little sore - so I am still burning those calories :tongue: I know excuse :biggrin: get your butt in gear Janet and just do it... Well, I gotta finish the paper 1st..

Oh ya - I was in the paper today !!!! well I was quoted - the city of indio wants to annex some more land and the reported called me (I had written a letter to the editor a long time ago when 2 developers were suing each other - stopping the progress of getting retail (my super target) in my neighborhood) So now this reporter calls me when she want's a local person opinion of what the city is doing to our town..

"Lifelong Indio resident Janet Wright-Pimentel says she is happy to hear the city is doing some long-range planning. The 53-year-old has seen the evolution of the desert and says there is more to come. She just hopes current residents aren't forgotten in the process. "It's a good and bad thing. You miss the small town feel, but you can't stop progress," she said."

Well back to my paper - will ck back later..

Good morning everyone!!!!! How is everyones weekend going? I love Sundays... (its my only day off so its a day of relaxation!) :sad: Janey, I beat you I slept in till 9!!!!!!! I havent slept that late in a long long time...:scared2: Everyone seems to be doing fantastic on the weight lose!!!!! Linda, I cant believe you have lost over 100 pounds!!! Good job!!! Okay everyone... im off to watch a lifetime movie. haha My back is hurting today so I'm going to take an easy. Happy Sunday everyone!!!!!:wink:

Tat's are age appropriate - and my nose pierced when I was 50. I have always loved the little diamond look in the corner of the nose -

I thought that looked quite elegant!!

Maybe I should get one of those!!??

You are never too old to do something you have always wanted to do - in fact imho it's your right and duty to make yourself happy. We are never too old or fat or whatever - as long as it's not hurting anyone else

Linda - you can get a sun and I can get a palm tree - wouldn't that be just to funny - the over 50 gang going in to a tattoo shop - getting tat's they would just crack up... That really would be a site:lol::scared2::lol:

Oh ya - I was in the paper today !!!! well I was quoted - the city of indio wants to annex some more land and the reported called me (I had written a letter to the editor a long time ago when 2 developers were suing each other - stopping the progress of getting retail (my super target) in my neighborhood) So now this reporter calls me when she want's a local person opinion of what the city is doing to our town..

"Lifelong Indio resident Janet Wright-Pimentel says she is happy to hear the city is doing some long-range planning. The 53-year-old has seen the evolution of the desert and says there is more to come. She just hopes current residents aren't forgotten in the process. "It's a good and bad thing. You miss the small town feel, but you can't stop progress," she said."

I kinda skimmed over that article.

... guess I better go back and read it again!!

Maybe I'll get a sun

AND

a palm tree

AND

a diamond in my nose!!!

:scared2::tt1::sad::tt1::wink: