Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Ruby - Glad things worked out !!! Heck all that anger must have burned off some extra calories...

Lynette - Sunny hasn't been here in ages - I have sent her p.m. when I sent yours - but got no reply. Marcy may pop in every now and then but not too often.

Infact - where is Mango & Steph - we haven't heard from them in a while

- OK GIRLS Where are you.....

Well, just cking in - went to the gym and did 3 miles - i have incline up to 6 (not the whole time - but for a while ) am pooped - doing the treadmill wears me out more than weights..

Well gotta see what I'm fixing for dinner - ck back later

Hey Everybody, I've been reading for an hour. My batteries about to go dead.

I went camping for Easter. We had a good time. I'm trying to type while my new kitty attacks the curser. She's a hoot!!

Monday was my birthday. I got a ring from my new favorite store Kohls. We have one in Baton Rouge. I tell ya, if ya ain't been there ya need to check it out, it rocks.

Lynette if ya read this I got the Citrine ring from the Princess Alexandria collection. 50% off plus another 15% off.

While camping I realized I am going to have to serve myself the regular size and then let my DH finish the grub or people talk. "Are ya sure ya gonna eat all that?" "Ya sure that bite of hamburgers gonna be enought?" "What da hells da matter wit you, you sick or something?" "Finally decided to diet, fatass?"

No I just joking, but they did ask questions, next time I'll fix a regular looking serving.

OMG I LOOK AT THE BIRTHDAYS ALMOST EVERY DAY -

13_10_1.gif

I MUST NOT HAVE LOOKED ON MONDAY OR IF I DID I MISSED IT..

OMG I AM SO SORRY I MISSED IT

13_10_3.gif

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY DENISE

13_10_2.gif

Well it sounds like you got a good present

Hope you had a good day

I guess I am lucky everyone knows I'm banded so they don't say anything - except one gf say i eat like a bird - but thats cuz she is scarfing down a whole plate to my 1/4 of a plate and she's done before me - tell them ya - I;m trying to get my girlish figure back - bite me buddy or chick whomever is commenting on how much you eat...

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Gah! I missed the birthdays myself. Happy Belated Birthday to those I've missed and Happy Upcoming Birthday to the rest I'll miss. :lol:

I kept my own a secret. :sneaky: :tt2: :biggrin2:

Well...it's been a few days. I can't even say when the last time I posted was. Wow...it must have been awhile. Stress level has been through the roof. I have been reading on and off....just nothing to say that would have been in the least bit productive.

Phyl, I was thinking of riding the train out too! I was thinking DH maybe might want to tag along but wasn't sure, he also would have to entertain himself....because shopping is NOT his thing. Maybe we'll meet on the train!

Karri, so good to hear you are feeling better....and so what if the doc thinks you shouldn't have lost so much. Doesn't it make you feel good? You will be able to do maintenance when it's time...and last few weeks was NOT time. For crying out loud, how did he think you were going to maintain when you couldn't eat anything but popcorn? ?? I'm sure you're feeling good.

Well...family stuff is crazy. Took eldest son, 13yo, to the dr today because we have had so much insanity with him lately. Stealing, lying, skipping school....one right after another....and I was worried he was getting depressed. Well...after talking to us for about an hour, she starts asking some pretty tough questions about my mental state and my mom's and my grandmom's....let's just say the answers didn't leave me all warm and fuzzy inside. Well...she's pretty sure he's bipolar and now we're going to start on a new regime of meds....while cutting out his adhd meds. I'm just a basket case. He NEEDS those meds to be semi controlled. And she's cutting them in half. She promises as we gain in the other meds, they will counterbalance the lack in the other. It was a very draining 2 hours. I thank God we have such a great ped in the area though. What other doc would take that kind of time? I just hope she's right. Then she talked to me about my issues and wow some of the stuff she said hit home. I go see my doc next Tuesday for a med check and to discuss the progress from the last couple of weeks....but now we have other stuff to talk about.

So, my food has been up and down. Easter sucked food wise. candy was my drug of choice. It is all gone now....thanks to DS....so that won't be an issue. Besides I'm back at work and my routine will leave little time for munching. Weight hasn't changed through all of this....so I'll count that as a victory of sorts. Normally after the week I've had, it would be up 5 pounds. I'm starting to feel my unfill this last week or so. I definitely can eat more than I should. I'm working really hard on bandster rules and Water intake (when I wasn't filling the void with chocolate) and I'm much more alert now that I'm hydrated.

Well, it's off to bed. I just didn't want you all to think I had fallen off the face of the earth. I'm here and I'm refocussed.

Steph. Teen issues are the worst, and it sounds like you've got your share of them. Honestly, when my oldest was 14 i seriously would have sold him to the gypsies if I had the chance. It was a nightmare. But that was 14 years ago and we both survived relatively intact. One thing I remember that James Dobson said about the teenage years was "Just get them through it." He said it's like white Water rafting--when you go through the rapids, it doesn't matter how you do it, just get through it. It's not going to be pretty, but like everything else, just take it one day at a time and pray, pray, pray.

I know how hard it is to not reach out to the comfort of old friends when you're stressed. You are done with the chocolate now. Put it behind you now and move on with the program. For today, try to respond to your fears and frustrations with healthy food choices, that in the end will give you a feeling of satisfaction and some positive affirmations. As with so many things in life, "This too shall pass," but the consequences of how you handle things will effect you later on. You can choose for it to be a positive effect.

Well...it's been a few days. I can't even say when the last time I posted was. Wow...it must have been awhile. Stress level has been through the roof. I have been reading on and off....just nothing to say that would have been in the least bit productive.

Phyl, I was thinking of riding the train out too! I was thinking DH maybe might want to tag along but wasn't sure, he also would have to entertain himself....because shopping is NOT his thing. Maybe we'll meet on the train!

Karri, so good to hear you are feeling better....and so what if the doc thinks you shouldn't have lost so much. Doesn't it make you feel good? You will be able to do maintenance when it's time...and last few weeks was NOT time. For crying out loud, how did he think you were going to maintain when you couldn't eat anything but popcorn? ?? I'm sure you're feeling good.

Well...family stuff is crazy. Took eldest son, 13yo, to the dr today because we have had so much insanity with him lately. Stealing, lying, skipping school....one right after another....and I was worried he was getting depressed. Well...after talking to us for about an hour, she starts asking some pretty tough questions about my mental state and my mom's and my grandmom's....let's just say the answers didn't leave me all warm and fuzzy inside. Well...she's pretty sure he's bipolar and now we're going to start on a new regime of meds....while cutting out his adhd meds. I'm just a basket case. He NEEDS those meds to be semi controlled. And she's cutting them in half. She promises as we gain in the other meds, they will counterbalance the lack in the other. It was a very draining 2 hours. I thank God we have such a great ped in the area though. What other doc would take that kind of time? I just hope she's right. Then she talked to me about my issues and wow some of the stuff she said hit home. I go see my doc next Tuesday for a med check and to discuss the progress from the last couple of weeks....but now we have other stuff to talk about.

So, my food has been up and down. Easter sucked food wise. candy was my drug of choice. It is all gone now....thanks to DS....so that won't be an issue. Besides I'm back at work and my routine will leave little time for munching. Weight hasn't changed through all of this....so I'll count that as a victory of sorts. Normally after the week I've had, it would be up 5 pounds. I'm starting to feel my unfill this last week or so. I definitely can eat more than I should. I'm working really hard on bandster rules and Water intake (when I wasn't filling the void with chocolate) and I'm much more alert now that I'm hydrated.

Well, it's off to bed. I just didn't want you all to think I had fallen off the face of the earth. I'm here and I'm refocussed.

You are right, you do have a good Pediatrician. I too am BiPolar and have been diagnosed since I was 34 (now 52) it can be well controlled with Meds. If you ever want more particulars or just want to vent PM me I'd be happy to share any info you'd like. There is a strong genetic link My paternal GrandMother, my Dad, then Me and my 29 yr old daughter was diagnosed in 1st yr University.

I like you have been struggling with the Easter chocolate Monsters... lets take a vow right now to STOP.... o.k./ :ohmy:

I have been reading on and off....just nothing to say that would have been in the least bit productive.

I can relate to that. Two of my posts yesterday were about my apartment lease issues and had nothing to do with anything in anybody else's life. They offered no sage advice to anyone, they weren't asking for advice either. All they were were rants. But it was productive to me. And you have to be selfish sometimes and do things that are only productive to you and only benefit you. You're important.

I feel guilty about "polluting" the thread with my nonsense. But if I've learned anything during my time here it's that I matter. What I say doesn't have to matter to anyone else. What matters is that there is a thread full of wonderful women who will not judge my mood, my weight, my failings or anything else negative about me. They may not completely understand what I'm going through or why it's bothering me, but they're there. They're just there. And sometimes that's the most important thing. Knowing there is someone there. Not expecting them to solve my problems, not expecting them to give me answers, they're just there.

And I'm very proud to be one of those people for the rest of you. :ohmy:

You all are awesome! Thanks for the kind words. I do vow today to be a better eater. I got up today, had my Protein and nothing of the yummies I've been having the last few days. I am going to be strong. I talked to myself all the way to school. I cloaked it in the guise of talking to my deceased father, but it was talking to myself. Let's be honest. I will get through this. I am strong. I am a good person, mother, wife. What is important now is my son's health. I will be strong for him.

Today I vow to make wise choices. It is much easier when I am busy all day. That I do know. And since it is grade time I will be busy until at least 7pm! I will be super strong!!!

I hope everyone is having a positive day. Again, thanks for the kind words. I've got a lot of research to do on bipolar so I may be asking for advice on that front. Thanks for your offer.

Good Afternoon Gang

Didn't post this morning had a Dr Appt... He says I am doing excellent - wants me to come to one of his seminars to be an example on how well your band works if you do the work and took some pictures and told me I was photogenic (sp?). Told him even fat I always loved the camera :)

Then he sent me for my blood work - 8 Vials of blood.:eek:.. Will be interested in the results - He asked if I want to come back in 2 or 4 months since I'm at my sweet spot - told him 2 months - I want and need the accountablity and who knows in 2 months I might need a fill - so he said ya that's good.

Ruby - There is no guilt in venting/polluting about your stuff - cuz truly there is nothing that can't be discussed here - its a support system and not everything is hunky dorky 24/7 - all the stuff that happens to us is what caused us to eat in the past - and like you said - we are here to listen to your rants & raves...

Steph - Sorry about your son - If my Mother was alive (committed suicide when I was 15) I think she would have been diagnosed bi-polar - but back in the 50-60-70 I don't think they had a name for it or the drugs that they do now - and if they did maybe she would be alive today.. I am lucky I didn't get her genes - but my one Brother did and he has passed away too (don't know if it was intentional or accidential - drug o.d.) It's so good that you have an excellent doctor and with proper medication he will do fine - you may have some trying times until they get his meds just right but we are here for you and you will get through it.. Hugs & love to you...

Ok Ladies - good food choice... I gotta get back to work - ck back later.

:tt2: I'm drained. I just had a "little word" with the accounts manager. ----- Finally a man who was honest and showed us how/why/where he used marketing manipulation to bring people in. That I can relate to. Damage control successful. :eek:

I LIKE the way you do business!!

:)

I can relate to that. Two of my posts yesterday were about my apartment lease issues and had nothing to do with anything in anybody else's life. They offered no sage advice to anyone, they weren't asking for advice either. All they were were rants. But it was productive to me. And you have to be selfish sometimes and do things that are only productive to you and only benefit you. You're important.

I feel guilty about "polluting" the thread with my nonsense. But if I've learned anything during my time here it's that I matter. What I say doesn't have to matter to anyone else. What matters is that there is a thread full of wonderful women who will not judge my mood, my weight, my failings or anything else negative about me. They may not completely understand what I'm going through or why it's bothering me, but they're there. They're just there. And sometimes that's the most important thing. Knowing there is someone there. Not expecting them to solve my problems, not expecting them to give me answers, they're just there.

And I'm very proud to be one of those people for the rest of you. :)

You are absolutely right. I read your "rants" and I felt like a cheerleader thinking, "YOU GO GIRL!!" And, whatever we are going through in our personal lives, not only do we care about one another, but just about everything in our lives has an effect on our "food issues"!! That's just the way we are wired! No one ever need apologize for posting something they feel is "unrelated" to our commonalities, because it's all a part of who we are and it does matter to us when one of our "band sisters" is having a rough time over whatever!!

I am SO happy to be back online again!! Hope it lasts this time!! I so much miss my LBT when I can't communicate or read your posts!!

Oh... I got a new hair cut today and highlights and it feels SO good! Didn't tell DH about the highlights until I was on my way home!!

HEE HEE!!

He would've tried to talk me out of it and I LOVE it. Blonde blends in nicely with my spattering of gray!

I'm going to try and post a new picture because I made him go outside with me and take a picture when I got back to the RV. I wish I could find a beautician this good at home... best haircut I ever had, I think. I like my hair short, and she did an excellent job.

Good Morning Gang

I see we have been busy this morning !!!!!

Chim - It would be so cool if you can come - How much did you have to pay to make the reservation??? ...

Ok it's the Homewood Suite - I will wait to hear from Chim to see how much you gotta pay to reserve the rooms..

Hey gang!

You don't have to pay anything to reserve. Just a credit card. There's a 24-hour cancellation policy.

Phyl-8mos_Avatar.jpg

Got my hair highlighted and styled.... this is it, slightly windblown!!

Phyl, I love it! It captures your personality, and accuntuates your emerging figure. Maybe your stylist at home can copy it now that you have the ideas?

Ruby--I ready your posts too and while I didn't post a response, I was glad that you were able to share your frustrations with us. I don't always respond by writing to each person, but I do think about every single one of you when you post, and I appreciate your sharing your lifes with me. I think that makes all closer--we can't always give advice, but we are always here to listen and to care.

I'm tired tonight. Shopping all day yesterday with dd, and baby-sat my little 18 month old friend after work this afternoon has me worn out. Plus, I don't know, but my band seems really tight again. I've been coughing and waking up gagging again at night, so I'm not sleeping very well. Back to liquids for the most part, and unfortunately, not always the calorie-free ones. :)