Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Happy Easyer to everyone!!!

So I'm having a rough time of it. I though I had a slip back at the end of February. I went in and they took out 1.5 cc of my 3 cc fill. I aggravated my stomache where the band is. I started taking a new liquid medecine that made me gag real bad, and I ended up dry heaving, which upset my band.

I went back 2 weeks later to get part of my fill back in, 1.2cc, so now I'm struggling to stay together.

I'm back on track today though.

Finally got my treadmill back from my mom and I walked 30 minutes, it's a start since excercising has been tough for me.

Sound like everyone is doing well. I see all the pounds lost in the last 8 months and it's motivation for me to keep going and that's why I'm here today. You all motivate me to keep going, so I'll be making a lot more stops into the Lucky's 7's to see how you all are doing.

Hope that's ok with all of you.

Have a great holiday with your familys and I'll be back soon!!

Lynette, WE'VE MISSED YOU!!! (Like I can talk...I've been MIA myself. :crying:) Of course it's okay for you to stop on through. You're a Lucky 7!!! You're always welcome!

I, too, hit a rough spot. My doc thought I had an ulcer and I had to get a slight unfill and an upper GI...they didn't find anything, except some acid reflux. That's odd b/c I haven't had any symptoms of heartburn...oh well. I'm feeling much better and will be getting another fill. I need it. Having less restriction has allowed me to eat more than I should be. I've fallen off the exercise wagon, too.

But no more of that b/c I am getting back on track. I love our group. All of you are so inspirational and encouraging. :biggrin2:

Salsa, glad you can eat again! And yes, I've stayed away from the jellybean, chocolate bunnies, etc., etc., etc. I'm proud of myself!

I guess we are all seeing just how much of a journey this really is...and we're all still learning. We will handle these bumps, turns, potholes, etc. We can and WILL do it!!!

Happy easter to all.

Glad to see everyone doing well. Just returned from Hawaii and now it is cold in north carolina. I feel the weather alot more since I have lost weight. Hope everyone has a great easter.

beth

Hey Gang

Well DIL & GD's just left - My DIL is a big girl - and just watching her eat makes me not want to eat tons of food - tons of butter - bread omw I use to eat but never as much as she can... - my oldest gd ate just mashed potatoes & veggies - baby gd did the best ham & strawberrys.. I am a reformed fat person - they are as bad as reformed smokers or borned again christian (not putting down - but talking about being obessive - being a zelot) I had sandwich plate 1/2 c mashed potatoes - veggies & 2 oz of ham... The only problem is we at at 4 and I am going to be hungry by 7 - It's not good for me to eat early - but I sent all the food home with them - except they forgot the salad - so I guess that's what I will eat later..

Well back to work tomorrow - no more holidays until May :crying:

On our mall of america trip - I ck'd Homewood suites - it's right across the street from the mall - ck it out and let me know if you guys want to stay there..

Hey Gang

Well DIL & GD's just left - My DIL is a big girl - and just watching her eat makes me not want to eat tons of food - tons of butter - bread omw I use to eat but never as much as she can... - my oldest gd ate just mashed potatoes & veggies - baby gd did the best ham & strawberrys.. I am a reformed fat person - they are as bad as reformed smokers or borned again christian (not putting down - but talking about being obessive - being a zelot) I had sandwich plate 1/2 c mashed potatoes - veggies & 2 oz of ham... The only problem is we at at 4 and I am going to be hungry by 7 - It's not good for me to eat early - but I sent all the food home with them - except they forgot the salad - so I guess that's what I will eat later..

On our mall of america trip - I ck'd Homewood suites - it's right across the street from the mall - ck it out and let me know if you guys want to stay there..

Homewood Suites, what's the price like? Is it comparable to the others you already mentioned??? I just dont' want a Comfort Inn or Days Inn. Otherwise I am pretty flexable... and the close proximity would be nice too.

Its nice to hear from Lynette, you look FAB by the way!

I had Easter dinner with my Mom and DH at her Seniors Residance. We had HAM, Scalloped Potatoes, Brussel Sprouts, Carrots. Sweet pineapple sauce on the Ham (Yuk) I ate all my HAM and 2 brussel sprouts and 3 carrot peices. The potatoes were looking like they'd get stuck so I left them. But I did eat my dessert - a tiny bowl with brownie & 1 spoonful of strawberry icecream... That was plenty for me... and ya NO easter eggs LOL

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!!

Glad to see everyone doing well. Just returned from Hawaii and now it is cold in north carolina. I feel the weather alot more since I have lost weight. Hope everyone has a great easter.

beth

Hawaii.........I AM SOOOOOO JEALOUS!!! That is one place that I really want to go. Someday.........

Hey Gang

Janet-I know what you mean about watching some people eat. I never really noticed how my girlfriend ate prior to banding when we went out but now when we go out I off course eat a lot less so I am finished way before she is. She doesn't eat any different now than before but I guess I never noticed it. She will order a meal in a restaurant and then order almost another whole meal because she wants something out of that too and can't make up her mind which one she wants. I love her too pieces and I don't EVER say anything so I just try not to pay attention to the amount of food she eats. The other day we were in KMART and she picked up Cadburry eggs and asked if I would eat one out of the 3. I told her no and she begged me saying it is just one come on. I said I can't do that. If I had 'just one' that will end up leading to more and honestly I just don't want them. I think I upset her because she put them back and said 'it wouldn't kill you' I said no one wouldn't kill me but the problem is if I start thinking 'just one' I will end up back where I was. Don't get me wrong because I know we can have treats and such but I honestly just don't want sweets. I am soooo proud of myself this year because Cadburry eggs are one of my most favorite things along with the Shamrock shakes at McDonalds this time of year and I have not had either this year and just noticed tonight the sign at McD's says they will be ending their season for the shamrock shakes this week sometime. I made it without one!!!! LOL Big accomplishment for me.

I have the traditions you have as well. My daughter is 16 and the other night she wanted to go with her friends and I said no we are coloring eggs. She was on her cell phone in the living room talking to someone on the phone and said 'no I still color eggs with my mom because it is something we have always done and I like it and it means so much to her.' Brought tears to my eyes.

Chim- so happy to see you back posting!!! Congrats on the 55 lbs. I have reflux as well but I have always had it. Of course I don't get the acid discomfort because I take pepcid 2 times a day. No problem

Lynette-So sorry to hear of your troubles. Very happy to see you back posting. We do have a wonderful support system here. I would be lost without this group!!!

Karri- so happy you are able to eat again. I can not imagine trying to go from a life time of dieting to just maintaining. (sp?) I don't remember ever NOT dieting. Even when I weighed 116 lbs I was dieting. Hell just go for the last 2 lbs. You will prob not be happy until you get those off. Congrats on the 9 lbs and reaching the point of maintaining.

We went to my MIL for lunch today. I didn't have to cook. YEAH!!! I ate some mashed tators and a very small piece of ham and 1 deviled egg. I made it through easter without a piece of chocolate. I really do look at food differently. I am on my way back to the gym tomorrow. Holiday is over. The next one will be Memorial Day but we will grill chicken that day so I will do fine with that one also.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and made good choices. Have a great Monday tomorrow.

I guess there are benefits to only having 2 biological family members that I really talk to...no Huge holiday meals being a major one. We did stop at a restaurant on our way home today and I had part of a Mexican omelette and 3 bites of hash browns. But I couldn't wait to have home cooked healthy food. I was going to cook a ground chicken meatloaf but we didn't have the ingredients and I wanted to eat so I could take a nap so instead I made tuna casserole with white Beans instead of noodles. OMG it tasted heavenly. I love my level of fill right now. I am not hungry. I seriously feel like I did after my first fill. ZIPPO for hunger. I am forcing myself to eat some fruit right now, but I could care less about it. I probably will go for the 2 pounds but at the same time, I want to kind of prove to myself that if I don't lose those 2 pounds it is not the end of the world. I KNOW I can lose those 2 pounds...what I don't know about myself is if I CANNOT lose those 2 pounds and still be happy. Does that make sense? I know what I am saying, just don't know if it is clear. I am really trying (for the first time in my life) to not define myself by a number. I am a hell of a lot more than a number.

Well I just did 2 hours at the gym tonight and I feel soooooo good. I hadn't been since Tuesday (doc didn't want me to overdo it) and frankly I didn't feel up to it, but it was nice to be back. I am going to try to go tomorrow and hopefully convince my friend to go jogging with me on Tuesday so that I can keep at it!

Janet I know what you mean about watching other people eat. It grosses me out. This weekend my brother, his girlfriend and my BF were eating pizza and just watching and listening to them made me want to run out of the restaurant. I had a chicken ceasar salad with dressing on the side because for the first time in 2 weeks I could eat something healthy and not experience pain. The pizza didn't even smell good to me. THen I walked by Cinnabon and got nauseous. I don't do well with sweets any more. I do think that I would actually get sick if I ate a candy bar. I get my "sweet" craving taken away with my Protein Bar, and even then I go for the not so sweet ones. Sweet (with the exception of doughnuts and frosting) were not my problem. My biggest problem were fast food hamburgers and just too much good home cookin'!

Well I had best get going. I need to do some finance stuff. I think I found a way that my BF can take a leave of absence to take care of me while I have my surgery and take 6 weeks off of work. Maybe that will put him in a better mood!

Lynette, Great to hear from you! Chim--you too!! And yes, it was a day for rejoicing! But not from the food perspective. . .it was not good for me. When my family gets together, it is all about the food, and only the food. Parties are always at my house, but my mother rules. I spend days cleaning the house, making some of the food she wants, setting the tables, and then cleaning up. My mom and my sister bring the rest of the food; my ktichen-gifts don't quite measure up to their standards. These events are so stressful, but my mom lives for them, and I don't know how to get out of it without feeling like a big black sheep. There was three times as much food as we needed, and while I avoided the deserts and candy, I did eat meat and salads and a little cornbread casserole. That wasn't so bad, but then after everyone left and it was just me and the kids, someone mentioned Brandy Alexanders. That was when I lost it. Later, in the usual manner, I thought "What the heck?" and joined dh and the kids as they raided the leftovers. Sure, it was only another small plate of meat and broccoli salad, but now I can't sleep because 3 hours later, my stomach is still gurgling. It was NOT worth it. (Except for the Brandy Alexander--honestly, it was fabulous)

Soo, tomorrow I start yet again. Yes, the gym! I am going to push harder for dh to buy a treadmill for our basement. We do have a beautiful gym that is free only 2 miles from my house, but the hours we can use it are limited, and not always convenient for me. With all the beautiful new snow, it's impossible to go outside and walk and we dont have sidewalks in my little subdivision.

OK, I'm going to try sleeping again. Morning comes faster and faster these days.

Peaches - I think it was about 30 more than the others - I just ck'd it real fast - But I heard on the tv last week it's best to call them direct and see what's what - so we have you, me, phy, linda, jackie, Step - Am I missing any one?

You still have restriction?? My tatoes went down fine. I had a lemon square 140 calorie - but am within my budget - so I am good - I haven had anymore chocolate...

Jackie - I am happy that your 16 yrs still wants to hang we her Mom that cool..

I am glad I'm not the only one who gets grossed out - but I gotta say when I took the family on a curise a few yrs ago - watching dil eat tons - i mean tons of Pasta at one sitting - I was grossed out - and I wasn't a skinny mini by any means - but I guess it's the closet eater in me - but watching her hunched over her plate cleaning the whole thing when she had ff & ck sandwich from burger king an hour before...:crying: But she is stressed and it's her comfort so i do understand - but I know how much better she would feel - we have talked about the band - but she's not ready...

Karri - my main problem was too much homecooked food too - with a sweet binge ever few months - i do like sweets - but not every day... I get in the mood for them - use to blame it on pms - but don't have that any more..

Aren't you getting your hair cut by bf's sis this week - we want a picture of your new do...

Linda - as I said we ate early - i have had a couple bites of tatoes and a bag of popcorn (100 c) - it's 9 and I am getting ready for bed - I need to stay out of the kitchen- but most likely will have a bite or 2 more before bed.

Ok just stopped by to turn off the computer - and here i go writing a book.

Talk to you all in the morning - sweet dreams...

Good evening ladies !!

Hope you all had a happy Easter. We spent the day with the grandkids. Oh my, they are getting so big. Karina's crawling all over the place and Gavin's potty trained. (he stand pees) I seem to have some restriction this fill. Had a few bites of ham, Watergate salad and mashed potatoes..........and then got stuck. Oh yeah, a bunch of deviled eggs. (lots of protein) I did finally finish up. Then had a piece of cake for dessert a couple hours later,. I kept away from the candy though,.

Did not meet my expectations. It didn't do a thing for me. Yipee ! ! ! ! I now know that I can do without. (never thought I could say that about chocolate frosting) It's back on track tomorrow.

Janet - Thanks for the info on fake Pasta. It isn't offered near me anywhere. Whole wheat (or 7grain) Pasta by Ronzoni has 180 calories per serving and tastes great and it is pretty cheap.

Karri - Go for the 2 pounds. in Fact, I would just keep going if you are feeling up to it. I met a young girl in Mexico at the clinic, getting a fill. She had hit her goal of a size 10........got down to a size 8.....and then over the course of a year went back to a 10. She liked size 8 better so she was getting another fill.

I'LL TALK TO YOU ALL TOMORROW. SWEET DREAMS EVERYONE.

Happy Easter everyone!!! Sounds like you all had a fun filled holiday with your families. I'm exhausted so off to bed. Back to work tomorrow! Night!:crying:

Hello All,

Yes, back again so soon but to post that I had an EGGcelent Easter, stayed under 900 calories for the day, got in over 75 grams of Protein, and walked for 30 minutes. I feel like I'm on the right track.

I'll check back in after work and my doctors appointment. Have a great day everyone!!

Good morning Gang!

Sounds like everyone did a good job handling Easter...see, we can do it!

I'm so jealous ya'll are getting to meet one another. :wub: Wish I could join you. Have fun for me, okay?

I need to start tracking my calories again, just to get my mindset right again. I'm on the phone right now w/my doctor's office waiting to make an appt for my fill. I need it bad. I'm eating way beyond the 1 - 1 1/2 cup of food. At least I know there's nothing wrong w/my band now, though. That's the important thing.

Well, guess I'll be back later.

Have a great day everyone!!!! :)

Homewood Suites, what's the price like? Is it comparable to the others you already mentioned??? I just dont' want a Comfort Inn or Days Inn. Otherwise I am pretty flexable... and the close proximity would be nice too.

Homewood Suites is a Hilton property...I work for Hampton Inn, another Hilton property...Just a little plug :wub: ...ya'll will enjoy the Homewood Suites.

I soooo wish I could join ya'll!!!! Maybe we'll be able to do something else together.

Chim and Llynett, its so nice to see you guys back!!!! Its always nice to hear how everyone is doing and of course there is always support here!!!! Short post today... off to work. Hope everyone has a good monday!!!

Its nice to hear from Lynette, you look FAB by the way!

I had Easter dinner with my Mom and DH at her Seniors Residance. We had HAM, Scalloped Potatoes, Brussel Sprouts, Carrots. Sweet pineapple sauce on the Ham (Yuk) I ate all my HAM and 2 brussel sprouts and 3 carrot peices. The potatoes were looking like they'd get stuck so I left them. But I did eat my dessert - a tiny bowl with brownie & 1 spoonful of strawberry icecream... That was plenty for me... and ya NO easter eggs LOL

You did good.

We need to figure out how to get that avatar to where you want it!! And, no, I can't get rid of the glasses for you! I like them!!