Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

CC - I'm so sorry for your loss. I read Sydney's web site and I'm sitting here bawling (apparently I needed a little release and she gave that to me). Thanks for sharing her with us.

Thanks Marcy, she was an amazing girl and her wonderful parents are dealing with this great sadness so well. What a family! CC

Thanks Marcy, she was an amazing girl and her wonderful parents are dealing with this great sadness so well. What a family! CC

editing to also thank Mango, Phyl, Marcy, Dini and anyone else who is praying for Sydneys family. CC

Dini--you feeling better hon? Hows Annafranscesa? (I hope I spelled it right)' Do you have any recent pics of the two of you for us to see? Is Adam behaving himself and appreciating what he has?

Hope you all have a great weekend. You can send some positive energy my way. I have to give that presentation tomorrow, and while I can lecture to a classroom of students, getting up in front of a group of strangers and speaking for 1 1/2 hours is NOT my gift!

Hey Sugar, i'm feeling a little better thanks! Annafrancesca is wonderful (you spelt it totally correct) she has a chest infection but she's in great form. i'm tryikng to find a little Halloween's Costume for her but i want something really cute and everything is so tacky. I HATE TACKY !!! i keep meaning to put some pics up but i need to get adam to resize them. i'll try for tomorrow. Adam is behaving himself i hope but does a girl ever really know!!!!! were getting on a lot beter but i'll start putting my gaurd down if it last another year or so i'm not getting ahead of myself.

I dont know if you read but i'm off to NEW YORK on the 24th nov can't wait. was suposed to be going to get tattooed in Miami but the guy emailed me and she he dont be there till the last day i was talking for my holidays that he was going to visit family. so i changed it to NYC. here i came baby!!!!! 5 night i can not wait!!

hope you can feel my positive energy i'm sending via the computer!!! best of luck you'll knock em' dead. just pretend there all kids not adults !! best of luck :eek: you'll do great.

Hi everyone! I've been out of pocket for awhile and was just catching up on posts the last day or two. Hope everyone is doing well. I've been doing good, but feeling a little under the weather and stressed at work, and traveling to boot. But, I've lost a few more pounds and got into the 160's which is great! Clothes are fitting well too.

I saw that a few people seem to be testing their bands and I wonder why, when everyone invested alot of time and money into getting this tool. I haven't been trying to test the band, just trying to keep losing. I have had a sip of my DH's coke once or twice at a restaurant and it tests terrible. I gave up my Dt Mt Dews in July, but haven't really missed them. Drink Water all day with one crystal light a day with my benefiber in it.

congratulations Brandy getting into the 60's OH LA LA!!! isn't it fab when you put on clothes that you taught fitted and there so not good on you anymore cos there TOO BIG. ah i love it. none of my clothes fit and i dont want to buy anything cos i want to wait till nyc but i need some clothes. its madness!!! congrates again xx

I just got my Goth name : Velvet Crotch

What da hell??? Ya'll names ain't nasty, How come I get stuck with the nasty name?

I definitely can't share this name!!!!!!

Mango i just love the way you right its so funny. you right as you speak. I love it. babes i put in my brothers names and they came out with worst stuff!!!

I got this from wasabubblebutt - thought it was cute - (I love these kind of things) Think my name is approriate - angel / devil -

Yep, that's my Halloween name according to the following website:

Get your goth name

What's yours?

Indigogirl i love them sites too. how randon are some of the names!! my is Crimson Moon so nothing to fancy!! how you doing angel so??

Car: sounds like your doing great! congrats also to you 187 thats wonderful.

Lynette and Chim how are you my lovely ladies and also a shout out to all i've not mentions its not cos i dont want to but cos its 2.30 am in ireland and i need some sleep/

lots of love to all! talk in the morning xxxx

When our daughter brought me candy from Hawaii... chocolate covered Macadamia nuts... my DH hid them.. He was doling them out to me one at a time every few days. But I only had two or three before he told me they were gone!! He was apparently eating a few every time he gave me one, and in between!! I was mad when I found out they were gone, but better in him than in me!!

There you go PHYL - thats the way to think - Better in him than you!!!!

My goth name is Crimson Moon. I have been stuck for so long. I'm getting aggravated. I'm walking an hour a day on the treadmill at 3.3 - 3.5 and at a grade from 1.5 to 6.0 and nothing. I feel like a lap band failure at this time. I know it will show because I am also watching what I eat but it is frustrating. I told my husband to put the scale away so I wouldn't get so upset. I just want to go to my doctor with a loss the next time. Thanks for listening to me whine.

Ribearty - your exercise is great !!!!! What are you eating?? How many calories a day??? if you are eating very low - I would increase it a tad.

Pick one day a week to weigh - I find this more helpfull cuz those scales can be cruel - one day down 2 lbs - next day up 1 - etc... How is your band - do u have enough restriction - can you go for another fill?? How are your clothes fitting - sometime it shows more there than it does on the scales. Come on don't get down - that won't help - lets find a solution...

vicious tongue

is my Goth Name for Halloween

Peaches - I could give you an xrate defination to that name :embarassed:

violent beauty

Phyl - you are a violent beauty Your beauty is so great that is cause violence in men who compete for you

I just got my Goth name : Velvet Crotch

What da hell??? Ya'll names ain't nasty, How come I get stuck with the nasty name? I definitely can't share this name!!!!!!

Denise - it you think about it Peaches has an xrated name too :embarassed:

Indigogirl i love them sites too. how randon are some of the names!! my is Crimson Moon so nothing to fancy!! how you doing angel so??

but cos its 2.30 am in ireland and i need some sleep/

lots of love to all! talk in the morning xxxx

All is good - You and Rliberty have the same names - Are you going to NYC all by yourself???

Wow, so it's been so long since I posted, but I figured I should check in. :eek: I've definitely had a mind game going on especially since I have lost ANYTHING in the last 10 weeks. It's been really hard to accept, but after I went in for my 2nd fill this past Thursday, I feel much better. I spent some time talking to my dietitian and he was nothing but supportive (as usual)!!

Now, let me tell you, I have the new small AP Band. I was asking my Dr about how much volume they hold, and he said they've tested it (and the large one) up to 20 cc's, but most people will never go above 10 cc's in their lifetime. Just some interesting information I thought you guys would like to know. I now have 4.5 cc's in mine. He initially put in 1 cc, but when I drank, it felt tight. Since I live 4 1/2 hours away from my Dr, he pulled 1/2 cc back out. I am actually hoping my hubby can go with me one of these days and to have them give him a needle and some lidocaine in case we ever run into problems here. My hubby is a nurse, and the more I think about it, the more I like the idea.

I'm not setting my next appointment until I know for sure how this fill is. Right now, I think my stomach is still swollen because I can't eat more than a few bites before I start sliming and have that great pain in my chest.

But one thing I can tell you guys is that even though I'm not losing weight (I should start here soon though), I am still noticing a change in my clothes. Two pairs of my jeans actually make me look almost flat in the front.

I'm also putting a picture of me with my niece & nephew. When I was in Omaha 2 weeks ago, I got my hair cut (I think I cut 6 inches off) and as I lose weight I'm starting to feel more girly than I ever have. :P I can't wait to buy some cute girly clothes.

Well, I guess that's it for now, but I'll hopefully post again soon. I do read the posts, I'm just horrible at responding.

post-220877-13813135634519_thumb.jpg

Morbid Princess! What's with that? I'm not even "morbid" anymore!!!!! My DD (who's name is a combination of mine and DH) is Twisted Illusions; DH is Twisted Wispers. Morbid! I AM NO LONGER MORBID!!!!!

Mine goth name is damaged roses. HUH?:cry

Mango - mine was also Velvet Crotch...so I used my REAL name *Martha* and got Faerie Corpse...much better...but we're talking Goth here, so it's all supposed to be bad! Haha

So, Halloween is going to suck for me...chocolate and candy MELTS! I know I'll be able to make it through the cruise, Thanksgiving, and Christmas because that's all about actual food....AAAAHHHHH! Some loving idiot gave me a huge bag of candy for the church kids today...what was I thinking bringing the dang thing home? I'm PMSing and this is NOT something that should be available! Dear Lord, help me!

Andrew was kind enough to move the bag away from the computer and he knows that I don't want it enough to get up and get it so I've been saved! For the time being!

My fill is working FANTASTIC! I am totally not able to eat the way I was before. I went to a Breakfast at church yesterday and able to only eat a slice of Cantelope and about a 1/4 cup serving of a breakfast/egg casserole! And when I mean ABLE I mean there was no way more was getting down! I've been having Protein Shakes for breakfast and they are satisfying me so far, but it's getting cold here and a cold shake in the morning is not an ideal way to start the day off...I'll have to come up with something else.

Things are good up here in Alaska. A little snow, a little cold, and my blow-up skeleton is scarring the neighbors! Haha!

Haha! Just put my husband's name in for the Goth name thing....he's a State Trooper...name is appropriate!

Death Dealer!

All is good - You and Rliberty have the same names - Are you going to NYC all by yourself???

Hello my Darling. I am not going to United States on my own i am going with a total sweetheart Anna! we went to school together in Primary, we both left and didn't see one another for years around 8 i think and just after Annafrancesca was born we met by chance which was great. she is on of these people you can talk to about anything and she's super inteligent so its not all talk about the weather!!!! sorry was that all too much info!

but to be honest i almost wish i was going on my own cos i've so much shopping to be done, you would not believe how long my list is and i've still another 6 weks to go till i go over!! I really wanna be a personal shopper i'm thinking of starting up and doing something like that i just dont know how to go about it. but it would totally suit me down to the ground.

anyways hope you well xx

Wow, so it's been so long since I posted, but I figured I should check in. :eek: I've definitely had a mind game going on especially since I have lost ANYTHING in the last 10 weeks. It's been really hard to accept, but after I went in for my 2nd fill this past Thursday, I feel much better. I spent some time talking to my dietitian and he was nothing but supportive (as usual)!!

Now, let me tell you, I have the new small AP Band. I was asking my Dr about how much volume they hold, and he said they've tested it (and the large one) up to 20 cc's, but most people will never go above 10 cc's in their lifetime. Just some interesting information I thought you guys would like to know. I now have 4.5 cc's in mine. He initially put in 1 cc, but when I drank, it felt tight. Since I live 4 1/2 hours away from my Dr, he pulled 1/2 cc back out. I am actually hoping my hubby can go with me one of these days and to have them give him a needle and some lidocaine in case we ever run into problems here. My hubby is a nurse, and the more I think about it, the more I like the idea.

I'm not setting my next appointment until I know for sure how this fill is. Right now, I think my stomach is still swollen because I can't eat more than a few bites before I start sliming and have that great pain in my chest.

But one thing I can tell you guys is that even though I'm not losing weight (I should start here soon though), I am still noticing a change in my clothes. Two pairs of my jeans actually make me look almost flat in the front.

I'm also putting a picture of me with my niece & nephew. When I was in Omaha 2 weeks ago, I got my hair cut (I think I cut 6 inches off) and as I lose weight I'm starting to feel more girly than I ever have. :P I can't wait to buy some cute girly clothes.

Well, I guess that's it for now, but I'll hopefully post again soon. I do read the posts, I'm just horrible at responding.

the kids are just adorable. how old is the little bloke? it suits you holding him!!!!!! its great when clothes startfeeling too big there is nothing i like more! welcome back!! ;)

Haha! Just put my husband's name in for the Goth name thing....he's a State Trooper...name is appropriate!

Death Dealer!

well what are the chances of your husband getting that name! must be faith and that he really is in the right line of work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How are you Marcy? how's the little one? xx

...............................................................................................

so i did my usual monday morning weigh in and i was convinced i'd lost nothing cos my legs are a little swollen and aunt flo has been here on and off for the last month. ( i'm trying to get a new pill sorted the last one didn't work for me) i lost 3.6lbs! haven't done that in ages! of course the fact that i'm still ill is helping !!!

hope everyone is having a great sleep cos you are all tucked away in your warm cosy beds as it through the night were most of you are from. lots of love and sweet dreams talk to yuo all later xxx

Dini- CONGRATS on the 3 lbs. Girl you are so close to goal!!! Good for you!!!

I made my appointment for my REfill. LOL I feel like all I do is go in for fills and now I have 1 UN fill also. I have had a total of 4 fills and 1 unfill now. I have 8.4 in my band. I finally got over the head thing. (I wanted to wait until after our Halloween Party to get a fill so I could enjoy myself eating) Honestly I wouldn't have enjoyed myself that way though. I would have eaten and most likely to muc hand then I would have felt guilty about what I ate. Now I hope I will be nice and snug and will eat but very little and then I will get out there and dance wen the DJ starts and BURN THOSE CALORIES!!!! LOL OK I think I am starting to lose it some. HAHA

Last night I was watching one of my favorite TV shows and looked at my bodybugg display and noticed I still needed to burn 600 and some calories and walk almost 5000 steps. (I wasn't real active yesterday morning or afternoon) Anyway I got up and stood beside my recliner and walking in place vigorously for 1 hr and 27 minutes and I met my steps and all but 72 calories. This was at 9pm so by midnight I had met my calories burned target. All was good. THe family thought I was nuts!!!!!!!! HAHA They were all relaxed watching tv. I was pretty proud of myself though for holding myself accountable. I can say I was really cold before starting, we all had blankets covering us, and I was sweating and wiping my forehead while walking. Funny huh? I have a treadmill but it is in the garage and we just remodeled our whole house last fall and it went to the garage at the time because I didn't use it and now I have NO room for it in the house. DH is talking about setting up a tv for me in the garage to be able to watch while I walk this winter. We will see how far he gets on that. LOL

Morning 7s :wave:

It's good to see everyone making progress, even if it is only a little at a time. I'm still making the scale go down, albeit more slowly now. A loss of 3lbs this week. :) It doesn't seem much in the way of numbers, but every little bit counts, and it's 3lbs closer to my target. So no complaints!

I've been thinking of the impending holiday season too. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I've always made such a big feast for Christmas. We'd have family over to share meals because I always cooked far too much. Now that we live in Texas, there's only the 3 of us (me, hubby, 9 year old son). I don't know if I know how to cook for such a small gathering with no unexpected guests. :straight The past few years I've simply over-eaten before anything spoils because.... well because it's what you do at Christmas. :rolleyes Now I only eat 1/4 to 1/2 cup of food. Normally that would just be my cranberry sauce serving LOL What's a girl to do? There's no way I could cook a whole turkey and not have it spoil. I'm not even sure I can eat turkey yet. I've struggled since my first fill with chicken so I've steered clear of it.

I guess I'll have to research online for recipes for meals for two. But my turkey-and-all-the-trimmings-extravaganza was my THING! You can't downgrade a masterpiece, lol. :cool: