Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Peaches, Thank you for the yummy fish ideas. Its always fun to hear how other people cook things because I hate getting stuck in a rut and making the same thing over and over again. Thank you can't wait to try it!!!

I ditto ditto ditto everyones questions as to where is Janet??? hmm

I am alive - I glance throught the post - I gotta go back and read but - have either allergies or a head cold.... I went to a bday party yesterday in Desert Hot Springs and the wind blowing the house smelled like popurri (sp) and by the time we left at 7 I had a major headache - this morning woke up with it - and didn't go to work - I could have but gosh I haven't had a sick day in 2 yrs... I did sleep for about 5 hrs so I think my body needed it - I haven't slept like that in ages... but i did go to the gym to meet my trainer... I don't have a fever so I went - I feel a little better - but head is pretty plugged up.

all I really gathered cuz I really didn't read everthything -

Karri - too tight - sorry hugs

Jackie - The big Winner

Patti C - from what I gathered Phyl & Karri have given you some great advise -my advice brain is not working right now - just remember this is a lifetime lifestyle change - we are going to fall down -now just pick yourself up - dust off your butt and start over...

Kristen - I am here :thumbup: just not really up to thinking cuz of the head issues... So I will close for now gang... Just wanted you all to know nothing bad has happend I just am not 100% and typed reading and thinking aren't in the game today - so I will ck w/you all tomorrow... I am going to work I think

and tomorrow is my GS 17th bday & my baby bro 50th so we are going to some steak house for dinner Flemmins - never been - but gs has with his mom he likes the halibut there - I will be eating steak cuz i eat fish at home..

ok - i gotta take some tyelnol my head is killing me...

xoxoxo

Janet

Janet - Glad to see that nothing terrible happened to you, but I hope your headache gets better. I have never been one to get headaches much and I am thankful for that. As for being too tight I have invented a new diet...popcorn and crystal light. There is a combination that could revolutionize the diet industry. I am pretty certain that if I write a book on it or magically put it in a pill I could become a millionaire. Just as long as I include in the fine print..."Results may vary. Not typical. Requires surgical procedure to install an adjustable silicon band that can be overfilled and result in extreme pain when eating." Then in BOLD LARGE print state "You too can lose 7 pounds in 7 days just by eating popcorn and drinking Crystal Light."

Hey you are all snickering right now, but you know prior to banding we would have at least considered trying it. Don't deny it!!!

Night all!

Janet-- so sorry you are feeling icky. I get horrible headaches. I call them migranes but don't know for sure if that's what they are. All I do know is hat they are horrible and knock me down for at least two days.

Back on track after a horrible weekend. I say horrible but considering how I ate BB (before band) it wasn't all that bad. I didn't have soda, I didn't gorge myself, and I didn't eat so much I pb'd....so...I had a few Cookies and a candy bar. I indulged and shouldn't have but also didn't lose my cool with my son like I would have 2 weeks ago. I had a family weekend and not once yelled at anyone. I laughed, joked, and carried on with my kids like I would have never done 2 weeks ago. And only once did it cross my mind what other people were thinking about me.

On the pb issue, I have not done so since I was defilled 1cc. I'm hungry now but I'm not getting sick. Maybe I was just too tight. I have been eating the 1 c that I'm supposed to. I've been getting in my liquids. I worry that I'm eating too much and not losing the weight but I'm not obsessing about it right now. We'll see where I end up in a month, and if I'm losing and can eat without pb'ing then I'm going to stay here.

I'm testing this week and I always bring something in for the kids to eat so that if they didn't have Breakfast, they aren't starving. In the past it has been donuts and candy bars. Today it is trail mix, bananas, and Water. So see Kari, I feed my kids too. I don't know what I'll do to change it up the rest of the week, but this works for me.

Carpenter comes today to start tearing out my closet and baby room to make my bathroom bigger. I'm so excited! I can hardly wait. I know in 3 weeks I'll be crazy cranky about the mess but it's a great thing today! I'd better get something done. Keep your fingers crossed for my kids. They need to do well. I hope I've done enough!

Janet - Glad to see that nothing terrible happened to you, but I hope your headache gets better. I have never been one to get headaches much and I am thankful for that. As for being too tight I have invented a new diet...popcorn and crystal light. There is a combination that could revolutionize the diet industry. I am pretty certain that if I write a book on it or magically put it in a pill I could become a millionaire. Just as long as I include in the fine print..."Results may vary. Not typical. Requires surgical procedure to install an adjustable silicon band that can be overfilled and result in extreme pain when eating." Then in BOLD LARGE print state "You too can lose 7 pounds in 7 days just by eating popcorn and drinking Crystal Light."

Hey you are all snickering right now, but you know prior to banding we would have at least considered trying it. Don't deny it!!!

Night all!

I love your humour even though it is born out of discomfort. I confess, I want to TRY that diet!!!!:shades_smile:

Dear Janet; we miss you!! Hopefully your headache will let up today and you'll feel like your old self again... oops,, not that your old! Just your usual perky, skinny size 10 self LOL...

Still wearing those jeans inside out????

(((hugs)))

Janet-- so sorry you are feeling icky. I get horrible headaches. I call them migranes but don't know for sure if that's what they are. All I do know is hat they are horrible and knock me down for at least two days.

Back on track after a horrible weekend. I say horrible but considering how I ate BB (before band) it wasn't all that bad. I didn't have soda, I didn't gorge myself, and I didn't eat so much I pb'd....so...I had a few Cookies and a candy bar. I indulged and shouldn't have but also didn't lose my cool with my son like I would have 2 weeks ago. I had a family weekend and not once yelled at anyone. I laughed, joked, and carried on with my kids like I would have never done 2 weeks ago. And only once did it cross my mind what other people were thinking about me.

On the pb issue, I have not done so since I was defilled 1cc. I'm hungry now but I'm not getting sick. Maybe I was just too tight. I have been eating the 1 c that I'm supposed to. I've been getting in my liquids. I worry that I'm eating too much and not losing the weight but I'm not obsessing about it right now. We'll see where I end up in a month, and if I'm losing and can eat without pb'ing then I'm going to stay here.

I'm testing this week and I always bring something in for the kids to eat so that if they didn't have breakfast, they aren't starving. In the past it has been donuts and candy bars. Today it is trail mix, bananas, and Water. So see Kari, I feed my kids too. I don't know what I'll do to change it up the rest of the week, but this works for me.

Carpenter comes today to start tearing out my closet and baby room to make my bathroom bigger. I'm so excited! I can hardly wait. I know in 3 weeks I'll be crazy cranky about the mess but it's a great thing today! I'd better get something done. Keep your fingers crossed for my kids. They need to do well. I hope I've done enough!

I too had some candy this weekend and then realized why I can't eat the sugar free candy as I spent an hour in the bathroom:scared2: Funny those would go down but Jello wouldn't. This fill is RETARDED!! Sometimes you have to pick a battle and not fighting with the family is always a good thing. I hated family trips because it was always a nightmare with my mom and brother. They hated each other and ALWAYS put me in the middle. I got out in the middle of the desert once and walked for about 10 miles because I refused to get in the car. When I did get back in (by the way I was supposed to be driving) I told them that neither one of them was allowed to talk or I would get out of the car and walk the rest of the way home (probably like 450 miles:scared2:) but that I would not leave the keys with them this time. It was a silent ride all the way home. Next time try to find a food that might have the same comfort factor but a little bit better nutrition. I don't usually eat candy because I eat my Protein Bar (couldn't get it down that is why I went for the sugar free candy) or 100 calorie kettle corn. Those habits will come in time, but you are back on the "band"wagon and that is what counts.

Glad you are the one living in a construction zone. I don't deal well with that. My brother is CONSTANTLY in the process of a remodel. He does really good work, but he is MESSY!!!!!! Drives me nuts when I go and visit him.

As for feeding your students some suggestions that I have are saltine crackers and Peanut Butter (if that isn't too messy), pretzels, low fat animal crackers or popcorn. I am thinking that I am going to be sick of popcorn by Friday but the kids here seem to gobble it down and it does have some nutritional value!

I love your humour even though it is born out of discomfort. I confess, I want to TRY that diet!!!!:sad:

Believe me YOU DON'T WANT TO BE ON THIS DIET. Besides popcorn makes me kind of gassy if I eat too much so I don't know if you would want to be around me either. Pretty certain I am going to gas my kids out of the room one of these days!:)

I too had some candy this weekend and then realized why I can't eat the sugar free candy as I spent an hour in the bathroom:scared2: Funny those would go down but Jello wouldn't. This fill is RETARDED!! .

!

Does your doctor make you drink Water before you leave the office? Crazy that the band is that tight. Does he leave the needle in so he or she can remove or add Fluid to make sure you are not to tight or loose?

Does your doctor make you drink Water before you leave the office? Crazy that the band is that tight. Does he leave the needle in so he or she can remove or add Fluid to make sure you are not to tight or loose?

My fill is done under fluoro so I have to drink barium. This is the second time that the fill has tightend up after getting it. The nurse leaves the needle in as she watches it flow down and thought that she was leaving me looser than she should, but I didn't want to have happen what is happening right now. I just have a very low tollerance to fills.(I only have 2.6 cc in a 10cc band!) I can't handle the pain. I would attribute it to not chewing well enough, but yogurt hurts going down so I don't think it is my fault. My doc wans me to start going into maintenance anyways so not being so tight isn't a bad thing. I am really tired of eating snack foods though. I want my dense Proteins that leave me full and I can't do that with this fill. I think that sometimes people don't lose weight because they are too tight. I know it sounds weird but when you can't eat anything except what goes down easily you aren't getting good calories. It is the dense REAL food which is what has gotten me to my current weight and I am always hungry when I have to eat this snack food. 2 days 19 hours until slight unfill!

Karri you must be so excited about your tummy tuck!!! I keep doing research because I know eventually I will need / want one too!!! Just out of curiosity... a lot of people say "oh you dont want to have a Tummy Tuck till after you have babies" Did your plastic surgeon talk to you about that at all?? Just wondering.... I'm so excited to see you go through this new journey! I know you mentioned it a few pages ago but when are you planning on having the surgery was it April or ?? Hope everyone i shaving a good day!!!!!

Karri you must be so excited about your tummy tuck!!! I keep doing research because I know eventually I will need / want one too!!! Just out of curiosity... a lot of people say "oh you dont want to have a Tummy Tuck till after you have babies" Did your plastic surgeon talk to you about that at all?? Just wondering.... I'm so excited to see you go through this new journey! I know you mentioned it a few pages ago but when are you planning on having the surgery was it April or ?? Hope everyone i shaving a good day!!!!!

I am very excited, but I have heard that you don't want the TT until after you have finished having kids because stretching the skin again can 1: be painful and 2: undo all the work you have. For me it is not an issue because I don't want children. I work with them all day and I swear if I went home and had to deal with them I would just sit down and cry. I have already raised my brother so I don't need to do it any more. I have not seen my PS yet but I will let you know what he says about it.

My fill is done under fluoro so I have to drink barium. This is the second time that the fill has tightend up after getting it. quote]

I saw some videos on youtube that show people getting fills. One doctor looked like he just stuck a needle in injecting saline. My doctor uses the needle with something that looks like an extension so he can add or remove Fluid. Not sure what it's called. On the youtube video he didn't even have the patient drink Water or barium. Like a blind fill.. Crazy.

So the conference that I was going to on Thursday was cancelled so I get to go to the doctor early now. Thank goodness. I am getting really ill from not eating. I am shaky, fatigued and I can't think. Seriously thought I was going to pass out this morning when I got out of bed. If I stand up too quickly I get that warm, feeling that rushes over your head right before you are ready to hit the floor.

On another note I went to the in person support group last night and it was terrible. I had so many people telling me that I should be happy with my fill level. Even the nutritionist said that I should use this time to really accelerate the weightloss. Ummm Hello at the expense of my health I DON'T THINK SO! The people at this meeting were just rude. Kind of like most of the people I have met in Central Oregon as a whole, but last night they were just awful.

Well class is getting ready to start so I should get ready.

Janet - I hope you are feeling better today. We miss you.