Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

only4me - I raised chickens this summer....this was my first slaughter, thought I'd give it a name. I tell ya, after being pretty much alone with my three kids on "vacation" it was nice to see all that blood! :-) Just kidding!

I'm finally losing again! Once I went back on regular food, I regained about 6 pounds from my post-op low (went from 211 to 217). Since my first fill on August 9th, I've lost 7 pounds!

Hi all,

I did not get a chance to get on here yesterday. I had a family party to go to.

Kathy- Congradulations on the upcoming adoption!!!!!!! You must be thrilled that it is finally here. Your family picture is just precious.

Ssanskoffa- I can barley feel my port sight. I can even sleep on my stomach and not feel it.

Hello to everyone else.............

Weird thing happend today....you know how I said that I had those salads, and nothing ever bothered me....Well, yesterday at the family party I was at. I had salad, and I just coulnt get it down. It just sat on my chest untill It came up. I was having one almost every day!! Im a little scared to try another one.

Don't give up. I find that I handle the same food differently depending upon the environment. When I'm really stressed, my jaws almost lock and I get a slimy Iron ball in my stomach. Slowly, relaxed, and with concentration seems to do the trick.

<p>Got 5 cc's today at TLBC </p> <p>Well, today was a huge experience for me...</p> <p> </p> <p>First of all I DROVE into Toronto all by myself and I am SO happy that I was able to do it. I took a leisurley route and did just great.. Got to the clinic 2 hours early but that's o.k. I had lots of time to relax.</p> <p> </p> <p>The seminar was very informative...( we sure were a questioning bunch) but took longer than I had thought..</p> <p> </p> <p>I was 2nd to last in getting my fill embarrassed.gif( then I had to sit there and "sip" my Water bottle.</p> <p> </p> <p>That first "SIP" is really the hardest.. can't even begin to discribe the queer feeling that you get when you think 'water' will not even go down.</p> <p>BUT, it did I just took REALLY small sips (teaspoon) and then it got progressively better and easier...</p> <p> </p> <p>My drive home went well and I just finished 1/2 cup of beef consumme... it was WARmed so it went down easily too.</p> <p> </p> <p>Whew, glad that today is done.</p> <p> </p> <p>Grateful</p> <p>__________________</p> <p>Peaches9 ranger.gif</p> <p> </p> <p>Banding date: 11 July 07 </p> <p>TLBC ~ Dr. Yau</p> <p>240 / 199 / 187 /130</p> <p>High/preop/ today /goal</p> <p> </p> <p>Aug 27 -got 5cc put into my bandclap2.gif</p>

only4me - I raised chickens this summer....this was my first slaughter, thought I'd give it a name. I tell ya, after being pretty much alone with my three kids on "vacation" it was nice to see all that blood! :-) Just kidding!

Marcy-- TOOOOOO Funnnnyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!

I posted the following on another thread....thought some of it might be relavent and might inspire some conversation....

While I was staying with my mom last week I left the computer on one day and it was on Lapbandtalk and what'ya know, she read it. I wasn't so horrified for myself (although it DID piss me off), but I regret the intrusion into YOUR privacy. I'm sorry and it will NEVER happen again. I'm not sure how much she read, but I find all of this private and I wouldn't share anything with anyone else outside the site...just my own principal - I honestly don't care if you share horrific stories from Alaska!

I was also thinking about how some people beat us up emotionally without yelling....how many times I was told "boy, you look good in that dress"...but what I heard was "you ONLY look good in that dress".

Now, I am learning that it's OK to have emotional baggage...I am not one to blame my issues on anyone, but it's nice to know where some of my thoughts and actions come from.

Hi everyone and Congratulations to everyone on their weight loss! I too was banded in July..July 26th : ) I had one fill so far (Aug 23rd) I don't fill any restriction yet but from what I read that is normal. Regardless I'm very happy and down almost 40 pounds from my start weight of 250. I went shopping today and managed to squeeze my ass in a size 16 pants! I have been walking everyday 2-3 miles and more active with my 3 kids.Nice to meet you all! My name is Lisa and I am from Minnesota : ):)

Car, I've had no problem getting in my Water, but my rules are to wait 1/2 hour after and before eating. I actually have to keep track or I'll go over my 120 oz maximum. Try setting a timer for 1 hour after eating, and give yourself an hour to drink 20 ozs. If your can do this 3 times a day, then just add an extra 4 osz in somewhere else, you'll be there in no time!!

So I've been working with Hunter tonight in catching a football. He's doing great. I think DH is thinking Pee Wee football already for this year, OMG. What have I started!!!!

Still need to get out and get the safety scissors and work on that, and I'm thinking I need to stat trying to get him to write his initials or name, just so he can put it on his school projects. One day at a time, he'll be ready for school. My mom is so excited, she wants to have him overnight this weekend so she can take him school shopping for a backpack and new clothes, and she already said she has to be there the first day of school when he gets on the bus!!! She's a picture person, so she has to get it all on film.

I'm heading to bed soon, so I hope everyone is having a great night. My son is actually calling me to toss football again, and to think, we've only just begun!!!

I'm finally losing again! Once I went back on regular food, I regained about 6 pounds from my post-op low (went from 211 to 217). Since my first fill on August 9th, I've lost 7 pounds!

Laurend, good to see the scale is in a downward trend. I can sympathize. I have stayed the say weight for a while here. Maybe I can catch up with you.

Lynette - don't get overzealous now! That poor Hunter will be bogged down! Although, now is the time, they are so much like sponges! Connor (7) doesn't like to write - ever - he didn't even color/draw much as a little boy...he's my reader. Owen (almost 5) is the one who could care less about letters and numbers, but will sit down and draw up an elaborate picture of a lighthouse (he's never seen one in real life, but his rendition is pretty good)...he fills the entire page with color. What a contrast in children! Take your time and enjoy him just the way he is...you never know what his hidden talent may be!

I posted the following on another thread....thought some of it might be relavent and might inspire some conversation....

While I was staying with my mom last week I left the computer on one day and it was on Lapbandtalk and what'ya know, she read it. I wasn't so horrified for myself (although it DID piss me off), but I regret the intrusion into YOUR privacy. I'm sorry and it will NEVER happen again. I'm not sure how much she read, but I find all of this private and I wouldn't share anything with anyone else outside the site...just my own principal - I honestly don't care if you share horrific stories from Alaska!

I was also thinking about how some people beat us up emotionally without yelling....how many times I was told "boy, you look good in that dress"...but what I heard was "you ONLY look good in that dress".

Now, I am learning that it's OK to have emotional baggage...I am not one to blame my issues on anyone, but it's nice to know where some of my thoughts and actions come from.

Marcy, I'm not worried about what your Mom might have read about me. I think its interesting that she read it. Its kind of like reading your diary. Maybe she just wanted some insight or perspective on what you are feeling or going through. It might help her understand you better.

I agree though, I would be a little horrified if a family member read my stuff. My DH is ok, he knows me very well. But I think it would freak me out if my sister or dad read this stuff.

Hi everyone and Congratulations to everyone on their weight loss! I too was banded in July..July 26th : ) I had one fill so far (Aug 23rd) I don't fill any restriction yet but from what I read that is normal. Regardless I'm very happy and down almost 40 pounds from my start weight of 250. I went shopping today and managed to squeeze my ass in a size 16 pants! I have been walking everyday 2-3 miles and more active with my 3 kids.Nice to meet you all! My name is Lisa and I am from Minnesota : ):)

Hi Lisa, we are band buddies. I was done on the same day. Congrats on your success so far. 40 lbs is amazing, with your fill just a few days ago. I don't get my first fill until Sept 10, and am currently in what we are calling Bandster Hell (aka, no restriction, still very hungry). I lost most of my weight so far on the pre-op diet, not much since banding. I don't really expect to until my fill, but then again, I haven't really been trying too much yet. Welcome to the Lucky 7s

laurend - GREAT JOB! These days where we go up and down are a true test as to whether we can use it as a tool and not just rely on it! It's been a hard mind-game for me, but I'm pluggin' along. Keep on keepin' on sister!

Marcy and Laurend - Congrats on the losses!!!!!

Marcy - A family chicken story. When my Mom and Dad first got married she wanted to make chicken for dinner. He was at work, and she was not a farm raised girl. She had to kill a chicken. She tried, and she couldn't do it. The chicken ran around with his neck crooked until my Dad got home.

forgve - I forgot to mention after reading your post from yesterday about how you are taking calculus online, that I have great admiration for your math skills!!! I took Business Calc and that is one class I could NEVER have taken online....I needed help....alot!!! (And my DH is a math professor!!) lol Good luck to you.....:)

That is funny!! :D I've mostly been struggling because the first couple chapters were about stuff that I didn't quite understand when I took Pre-Calc. So, that's been my biggest downfall, but it all seems to be working out now. We'll see, I also have to take Calc 2 online. I live 3 hours away from my school, so this is my only option and since I wanted to do my content emphasis in Math, it's what I need to do.

I've been trying to help our exchange student with his Algebra though, and it's hard to go back and do the easy stuff once you have reached this level.