Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I think I'm on the verge of joining those in bandster hell. There are moments through the day when I'm hungry. But at times if I stop and think about it, I'll discover I'm not really hungry, I'm just bored. Guess I need to find myself a hobby! :) But lately during meal times I've eaten more than a cup of food and felt like I could continue. I don't push myself to the point of PB or sliming, but I feel bad for eating as much as I have. And I'm peckish an hour or two later. Most times I'll drink Water or juice to try and curb it. I've gone through 3 packs of SF gum in the past two days trying to exercise my jaw and curb my hunger as well.

My weight loss has stalled, but I'm not letting that get me down. The good news is it hasn't increased. I'm still exercising _most_ days. I'd like to start increasing to something a little more vigorous like weights or something, but will wait for the all clear from the doc.

I go for my first fill 2 weeks from today and I'm wondering if I'll still be sane at that time. ;) I'm not crawling the walls with this hunger/boredom dilemma, but I'd like for the physical restrictions to cease and the appetite restrictions to start. I'm in Demanding Diva mode at the moment. :drama:

Hi all. So sorry I haven't been posting lately. I get on here every night and read everyone's posts but haven't posted myself lately. I was afraid of jinxing myself. I had been on a platea for 2 weeks and it FINALLY broke this week. Since Monday I have lost the 6 pounds that I had gained and an additional 3 so I am now on the losing side again. Hope like hell I didn't jinx it now by getting so excited and sharing with everyone. LOL I have really been having a hard time getting my Proteins and calories in in a day. This past week I have just not been hungry but I am sure that is due to 'aunt flo'. My 'aunt flo' is a little wacko compared to others from what I have heard. She calls and annoys the hell out of me for 1 1/2-2 weeks before she actually gets to my place. I am soooooo hungry during that time and seem to always be on the 'hunt' for something to eat but about 3-4 days before she actually gets here and during her whole visit I don't hear from her and the hunger just goes away and I am not hungry AT ALL. See why I say she is wacko. She goes from one extreme to the other. LOL OK sorry if that was TMI

Lynette- congrats on Hunters 2 eval. Don't fret over what they said at the first. Gosh how long had they known him before saying what he 'couldn't' do?! She sounds like a little social butterfly!!!! LOL

Dini- hope you have fun in Italy. We will miss you. Miss reading your posts.

auntie phyl- stop being auntie phil? You can't do that. You have become auntie Phil to all of us. LOL

Sunny- I am SOOOOOOOO sorry for your loss. I had a yourky about 7 years ago that was stollen. I had had her for 4 years. I just couldn't sleep or eat. We put fliers all over town and drove around constantly looking for her. I cried so many tears for her and still miss her. I bought a Shitzu about 3 months after she was taken thinking that would help but honestly he just didn't fill that void. He was a wonderful dog but just not my Trixie. My kids dad had become so close to the dog so I let him have him and I waited 3 years before by the 2 yorkies I have now. I just love 'my girls' Couldn't imagine losing either of them so I totally sympathize with you. The picture I have in the corner is one of my girls (Mitzi) I have the M & M's. Mitzi and Mia. LOL Can you see why I am fat. I named both of my girls with the letter M being the first letter of their names because I love M & M's. LOL

Chim- congrats on the loss. Your doing great!!

Indiogirl- I know what you mean about obsessing about the calories when you eat out. I have found myself doing the same. At least we are keeping ourselves honest.

Everyone else that I didn't mention, congrats on getting your fills and the weight loss. Everyone is doing fantastic!!!! We are a rockin group!!

Yeah, me, too. Banded 5 wks ago and 1st fill Sept 6... 2 more weeks! I'm eating my 1/2 cup meals 5-6X a day, but I'm hungry in between abd weight loss is stalled. Not exercising, bad knees. Getting a little discouraged. Seems I don't lose unless I keep my calories down to about 500-600. Eating very few carbs, no sweets, no bread, eggbeaters for Breakfast, lots of seafood, but calories averaging a little over 800.

Phyl,

you may actually not be eating enough calories. Once you get below 1000-1200 calories, you body thinks you are starving and starting hanging on to the weight. This is left over from times when there was feast and famine. try upping the calories some and see if you don't start losing. Add some veggies and fruits to balance out your diet. I was able to get a fill at 4 weeks but I was having the same hunger as you before the fill. Just added soft food today. I was on liquids for 2 days. I seem to be tolerating it well. Good luck.

As far as exercise and bad knees, have you checked with the local ymca about Water aerobics. That is suppose to be good exercise for people with bad knees. Hang in there. We are here for you.

Brandy, good luck w/your fill tomorrow. And yes, you have done FABULOUS w/your wt loss! 26lbs in 53 days is a huge accomplishment!!! They are gone forever! WOOHOO!!!

Thanks, Chimboree! I'm pretty excited about it myself!

Only, your salad sounds great. I just bought the spritzers. I haven't tried one yet. I will now!!

Brandy - Wow! The 26 pounds is amazing. I was shocked reading 53 days. It has actually gone fast, hasn't it? I sure wouldn't have thought that in the first few days!

New CC, Thanks! In most ways, it really has gone by fast, in others, it seems to crawl, but it is a day by day journey.

Jackie, thats for the emotional support. Everyone here has been so supportive. My other dog, Rocky, is a shitzu. He has been a comfort but he is missing daisy too. I under stand the M & M obsession. I have always said I should own stock in the company. It is my favorite candy. Thats cute naming your dogs like that so the initials are M&M. ;)

Congrats, Jackie on breaking that plateau! Feels great, doesn't it??? Thanks for the encouragement. I'm really trying!

Auntie Phyll, I agree w/Sunny. Maybe you need to up your caloric intake a little bit. See what effect that has.

Frustrated, love that positive attitude!!! And BTW, I understand about the wacky Aunt Flo. LOL. Also, I'm familiar w/the Demanding Diva of which you speak...;) hahahaaa

All, just keep at it. I know some moments are tougher than others, but we can and will do this! We are learning this new lifestyle. It's all good and we're gonna be okay!

Oh Lynette...where are you? You didn't come out to play today.

Well I got my first fill today and DH decided he wanted to meet me at the dr's office. So he came in and weighed himself too and he didn't like the doc's scale any better than I do....LOL! Dr came in and looked at my diet records and talked to me and then asked me if I really needed a fill. I said perhaps not, but I wanted one. He thought I was doing well without, but wanted to know if I was feeling hungry. I said that I was at times, but I was eating three meals and not snacking, etc., and although I wanted more, I wasn't really feeling hungry.

Anyway, DH stayed in the room until the Dr started to get the needle ready and I told him he better leave. He doesn't like needles or anything with blood, etc. Then I took one look at the needle and joked that perhaps I shouldn't have seen it either. He laughed and said it's just long. Well he had me lay on my back and straighten my legs and then lift them slightly, a few inches, to tighten my stomach muscles. And I only felt the very tiniest of pricks. Couldn't believe how small. I give blood at work often, so expected it would feel like that, but this was nothing.

I have the new band and he said it probably had 1.5 to 2.0 in it originally and he added 2 cc's. He told me he recommends liquids on fill days, but then I could move to solids. I had told him that although I had tried to stay with mushies, I was actually having a shake for b'fast, minced deli meat for lunch, and grilled chicken or eggs or potatoes for dinner. I'm pleased to move to solids, cause his diet actually calls for softs for the first 16 weeks....

DH was sitting outside and wanted to go to lunch and we were half way there, before I remembered and said I'm supposed to be on liquids today. But, then I thought if I could get a soft enough baked potato, that would be close enough. Had the best, soupiest baked potato in he world, but also ate a few bites of one of his chicken fingers. Very good! Now, tonight I'm hungry, because all I had was a shake. Definitely going to lose another pound by morning.

Dr said 2 pounds per week is perfect. I go back for my next fill in four weeks. Have to say, I don't feel any more restriction yet, but I'll be able to tell more tomorrow with solid food, I'm sure.

Congratulations to everyone else on your successes!

Guys, I am loving finally having restriction. I think I am at the perfect spot right now. I can eat just about any type of food (with the exception of soft bread) if I eat slowly and take small, well-chewed bites. I have a normal diet, but just eat less. It's wonderful to be able to eat a small amount of food, but still be completely satisfied. The only things I am still having trouble with are drinking enough Water, getting in all of my Protein, and letting my eyes be bigger than my stomach. I still serve myself huge portions.

I had my first day of teaching for the semester today. I am teaching at one of my university's extension campuses, so I had an hour's drive (one-way). I taught one biology lecture and two labs. My students seem to be really great this semester, which I am SO happy about. The first time I taught (4 semesters ago), my students were horrid. Good students definitely make the difference.

I cant even say good evening to everyone, because its 1:49am. I cleanned my house today from top to bottom and exhausted myself. I fell asleep on the couch at about 11 and just woke up. Now I feel so wide awake.

Laurend- that is so great that you feel the restriction that you do. I cant wait to have my first fill (sept 10)- although Im told that the first fill you really dont feel much restriction- have you only had 1 fill?

Hello to everyone else, Im sure you will be reading this in the morning, so Goodmorning to all.

Laurend- that is so great that you feel the restriction that you do. I cant wait to have my first fill (sept 10)- although Im told that the first fill you really dont feel much restriction- have you only had 1 fill?
I've had 2 fills. I got the second one on Wednesday. With the first fill, I had some restriction, but not very much. Luckily, my surgeon's willing to be pretty aggressive with fills, so I was able to go back for the second fill just two weeks after the first one. That gave me time to see if I was going to tighten up (sort-of a delayed reaction to fills that apparently happens sometimes). She believes that if the patient knows that they haven't hit their sweet spot, there isn't any reason to wait longer than necessary between fills.

Hi Friends:)

Ok, I got my first fill on Thursday and I am not feeling any restriction yet. I forgot and gulped down some Water like I used to preband. Nothing happened. Went right down like it used to. Then I tried a chicken leg and it all went down perfect, nothing stuck or weird feeling.

Although I am chewing and chewing like 20 times. But no slime or PB and I think I can eat way more than what I am supposed to but too scared to try an over eating adventure just to see if this band works. if this continues, I will ask my surgeon for another 2 cc's. That would make 4cc's total. Is that asking for too much? I really want my band to be more strict with me but it seems to be a "happy go lucky" type of band that lets everything in and dosent say a word.

Any advice??;)

Good Morning, Friends! Just have a few minutes and thought I would check in! I have a Wedding Shower Brunch to go to at 11 today! Never went to a Brunch Shower, so this should be interesting, lol! ;)

I have been working frantically on getting my classroom and all the paperwork ready for the first day of school, which for the students is this coming Weds, but for teachers Inservices are Monday and Tuesday! Once we get the first month under our belt, things should really start slowing down! Just very hectic right now, lol! Plus, everytime I think I have something done ... somebody at the school decides to change it, UGH!!!:)

I got my first fill on Weds. and it went very well! A little prick, while standing up, in front of the fluoroscope/x-ray machine. Kind of cool to watch it ... doc put 5 cc in first, but too obstructed, pouch bulged and no Fluid went through the band, then he tried 4cc and same thing. So I ended up with 3cc and he said he thinks it is a good fit. I was on Clear Liquids that evening (I had it done at 4PM). Then mushies the next day. Then regular foods. So far, can't really tell a whole lot of difference, but haven't really "tested" it!:D

Lynette, What is Hunter expected to do for PreSchool? His skills would be limited at this point and as a public school, he should be eligible regardless. They are not to exclude any children for anything other than maturity. We have "suggested" that some children spend another year at home ... reasons being that the child was extremely clingy and unwilling to leave Mom's side, wasn't potty trained, unable to even hold a crayon, nearly no verbal skills, etc. However, if the parent would insist the child still come, they would be allowed to send them. Still, when we suggest a child be held out another year, we also suggest they inquire about the local Head Start Program, so that another year out of the school system doesn't push that child even further behind. From what I have read (I skimmed some of the past posts), the school is expecting a great deal more than that. We do test on the basic shapes, writing names, counting, some letter recognition, colors, fine motor skills (ie.drawing a pic of themself), saying their names and age, as well as, some pre-reading skills. However, these tests are more for our benefit ... we use these tests to put children of varying learning points in each of our 4 classrooms, so that no one teacher gets all the highs or all those struggling. It gives us an idea of where the children are educationally and gives us a "starting" point.