Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Phyllser

I like how you handled your MOL!! That comeback was funny and I bet she never told your kids to finish their plates again, lol.

Everyone

Thanks for the encouragement guys! You all are the best.

I have my 1st post op appointment tomorrow and I'm curious to see hear what they have to say. I want to know how small my band is, when I can get my first fill, when I can start having sex again, among other things. Has anyone's Dr. told them when they can start having sex again? My Dr. friend told me that because the surgery was done laproscopically I can start when I feel up to it but I'm scared something is gonna shift inside or my incisions are gonna open up. That's not sexy ya'll lol.

Walking record

I did 30 minutes of slow step aerobics (both on and off the step) in front of the TV. It was slow but I worked up a sweat.

Only4Me

How are you feeling?

Hello everyone...

I wanted to check in. I was banded on July 23rd and am still on mushies until next week. I am getting my appetite back. I am having cravings again and am very uncomfortable with them. it is so hard to not resort to food when I am stressed. Truthfully, I am dying for some steak tips. I don't eat mashed potatoes, but I have been eating them this week so I can feel like I am eating something substantial instead of cottage cheese or yogurt. I am sure I am not the only one, but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on how to get through these weeks not being able to eat normally.

So here is a question for you guys.... are any of the julybandsters scrapbooking addicts? LoL I am!

Kristin, I am actually a Creative Memories Consultant, so I guess you could say I'm an addict!! :) I'm taking pictures through this journey to create a small book just for this.

To everyone, sorry I haven't respond sooner, for some reason, I haven't been receiving the new post emails. And then I got on today and had 10 pages (with 50 posts per page) of posts to catch up on. So far in catching up, glad to see that everyone is doing well and hope it continues to go that way.

Ever since the last time I posted about being in band hell, I haven't gotten back on the scale. Mostly out of fear, but I figure I'll just wait until I go for my first fill on the 31st.

I've also been very busy adjusting to having a kid (or 2) in the house. We have a 17 year old exchange student from Switzerland that got here on the 1st and I'm also babysitting for a co-worker of my hubby. She has an 11 week old and that's been very trying this last week to get used to.

I also started taking an online Calculus class, and I'm about to pull my hair out. So, if anyone can help me get through this class, that would be awesome!!

We are heading to California this weekend to take Emmanuel (our student) surfing at Huntington Beach. It's a short trip, but it gets us out of here for a little while.

Well, I need to finish catching up on the posts right now, but I'll check more often. :)

Hope all is well for the rest of you!!

I have my 1st post op appointment tomorrow and I'm curious to see hear what they have to say. I want to know how small my band is, when I can get my first fill, when I can start having sex again, among other things. Has anyone's Dr. told them when they can start having sex again? My Dr. friend told me that because the surgery was done laproscopically I can start when I feel up to it but I'm scared something is gonna shift inside or my incisions are gonna open up. That's not sexy ya'll lol.

Ssankofa, My dr. basically said, when I felt like it to go ahead. So I waited about 6 days post-op, and have resumed my normal marital relations (wink, wink) with no problems. I think your surgery was on the 30th. so your scars should be well healed by now, so don't worry about it. Take it slow and see what develops! LOL.

Howdy ya'll. I've been away for a while due to life keeping me extremely busy. However I do have good news. I've now lost 31 pounds! My first goal was to break the 30# mark, my next goal is #35 mark.

wrangler- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't it feel wonderful to be losing the weight finally and know that it wont be coming back?!?! Keep up the good work girl!

Lynette- I bought the turbo jam maximum results DVD's plus extras. Then I got this crazy urge when I was on the website and I bought the hip hop abs ultimate results and the hip hop abs dance series. LOL I hope I like these because I spent alot of money. It was a 'gift to myself'. LOL

Dini-congrats on getting into a US size 12. Your doing marvelous!!!

Auntie phyl- thanks for the info on the 1/2 cup serving dishes. I will definately have to get myself some of those.

Kathybad- how is everything going? Sounds like you have been busy with the kids.

Sunny- how are you doing. I haven't seen a post from you recently unless maybe I missed it. I haven't been on much lately.

Chim- Hey girl. How is everything going. Congrats on the weight loss. I just noticed your ticker.

To everyone else..........HELLO AND I HOPE YOU ARE ALL DOING WELL. SOUNDS LIKE EVERYONE IS STRUGGLING WITH THE HUNGER LION. OUR FILLS ARE CLOSE!!!!!

I am still walking every day. Damn scale still hasn't moved for about a week and a half. I walk 3 1/2-4 miles a day. Decided to change it up a bit the last 3 days and besides the walking I get on the exercise bike at the Y. I really like the biking. I measured last night, first time in 2 weeks, because I was feeling so bad about the scale not moving and I wanted some proof some how that I was getting something out of all the exercising and.........YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!.............I have been losing inches. That made me happy. Now if I can just get the scale to start moving down that would be even better!!!!!!

Well I am off to bed. Really tired today. Haven't been sleeping well due to tooth problems again. UGGGHHHHHHHH But that is another longgggggggg story in itself.

Good nite all!!!:notagree

So to anyone who has had a fill.... do u stay full longer and eat less? LoL I'm starting to feel like nothing has changed... i know im slowley losing weight but i just need to know it does get better!!!
I do, at least a little bit. I'm nowhere as restricted as I want to be, but I do eat less than I did before my fill. I'm going back next Wednesday for my second fill. I had the first one about a week ago.

Hey everyone, I have been busy working and sleeping so I havent been on in a few days. I work 12 hour rotations at the hospital so when I am on I rarely get on computer as I only have a few hours to spend w/ my kiddos. Wow in just a few days I feel like Ive missed so much. It took me forever to read all the posts. Everyone seems to be doing great. I made a wonderful squash cassorole tonight that was very soft I think it would make a great mushie for those of you still on mushies. I got it out of the Blue denim cookbook. It has squash, cheese, egg, milk and cracker crumbs in it. If anyone needs the recipe and you dont have a blue denim cookbook then email me and i will get it to you. Today I went to the country club to take my kids swimming and decided to make an appearance in my swimsuit. I am still wearing my maternity one from 2 years ago but hopefully that will a change next summer. I still feel very uncomfortable getting out of the Water like everyone is watching me. There does not seem to be very many overweight people there swimming. Usually I just go and watch but today was so hot and since im feeling a little better about my appearance I decided what the heck. I cant wait till I can get in a real bathingsuit. Well have a nice night everyone. Until next time...

Phyllser aren't you on soft food yet?? 27 days out??:) You can't eat clam chowder yet?? You are doing great if you are only eating 1/2 cup at a meal - i am 1 to 2 cups - last night had 1 cup squash & 2/3 cup sopa (mexican Pasta for those who don't know :))with a 2 tblsp of cheese and that was dinner - I still had some watermelon in the middle of the night and 2 sf puddings... (I wonder what kind of Fit your DH would have if he was my DH :guess - I guess it would be battle royal - cuz if you tell me not to eat - I am going to eat that much more)

Oh, I've pretty much transitioned from mushy to soft, so I CAN have clam chowder, but when he brought it to me in the RV when we were on the ferry, he went behind me to the table telling me it was still too hot, like he was cooling it for me. But I could hear him slurping it so I knew he was eating it down to his acceptable amount for me to eat and that really pissed me off. I got mad and then he told me I was being really nasty!! Grrrrrrr!

:(:):nono::):nono::nono: :fencing:

Ssanka:

I have my 1st post op appointment tomorrow and I'm curious to see hear what they have to say. I want to know how small my band is, when I can get my first fill, when I can start having sex again, among other things. Has anyone's Dr. told them when they can start having sex again?

:thinkI think my dr thought I was too old to bother giving me sex guidelines!! But we did "celebrate" our anniversary last night, despite the clam chowder incident :) , and it was fine. No port pain at all.

Only4Me

How are you feeling?

Ssandofa- Im doing well, Tues, Wed, Thurs are hard for me to get here and post alot. I work 28 hours in 3 days, so Im shot at the end of each night. I feel much better since I started on mushies. I dont have that and spasms in my chest anymore. Good luck with your appt. Let us know what they said.

If anyones from Long Island NY- there is a Lap Band support group on Wed Sept 5th at Samantha's Little Bit of Heaven coffee house in Northport.

Jeanie- I am really not ready to go back, I am really enjoying staying home this year. I just got back from the school, and gave away a lot of stuff, and put away a whole bunch more. So my class is looking like an actual class right now! Yeah. Now I won't go back until Tuesday, that's when we all go back full-time.

I went to my game thing last night and had 1/4 of an echilada from a casserole, that was made with ground beef and cheese, lots and lots of it. Man, that hit me like a ton of bricks. My tummy felt so heavy and full, I couldn't sleep at night, and kept waking up with heartburn. No fun. I will have 1/8 of an enchilada next time!

So nice that you have your room ready! That is always a relief!! What grade again? I forget! Just wish there wasn't quite so much paperwork to do! That's the worst part of the whole thing! Just mounds of it! Since I work with the little ones and this in many cases is their first school experience, everything has to be spelled out. Gets a little mind boggling! I have tried to condense things the past few years, but still there is a lot!!! Just overwhelms me! Give me the kids and skip the paperwork!!!! I wonder how that would go over, lol???? You start back earlier than me ... I have two scheduled days next week, but Inservice isn't until the following Monday and then the kids the 29th! It will be here before we know it!!! Enjoy what's left!!!:nervous

Ssanka: My doctor told me I could start having sex again as soon as I felt up to it. It wasn't going to hurt the band. Just not to do anything TOO crazy that involves a lot of ab work :)

How much is everyone eating? I am still supposed to be eating 1/4 cup 3 times a day with no snack. I have to do this for 3 more weeks and then I can have up to 1/2 cup and 2 Snacks. That is my maintanence diet so technically that should be the max forever. What does everyone else's doctors say?

Ash, how did your surgery turn out? You've been banded a little over a month now? I haven't a date for my surgery yet. I'll be having a physical on the 21st though. How are you doing with the banding? Have you had your first fill yet? How was that? How was the eating for the first few weeks? Sorry so many questions, I just want to be prepared before having the surgery. Thanks Ash, Dianne