Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hey Lucky #7's ... I had my surgery a week ago today. My doctor required that I do the Clear Liquids starting the day after surgery for 3 days then move onto full liquids for 2 weeks. Since starting the full liquids, my weight loss has slowed (almost to a standstill) and I don't know if I'm eating too much, too little, or not the right foods.

For instance, yesterday morning I had an Unjury Protein Shake ... for lunch, I pureed a Campbell's Soup at hand creamy Tomato with 3/4 C cottage cheese and ate maybe half of it, then had the other half about 3 hours later ... for dinner I pureed some no fat refried Beans with salsa and enchilada sauce, ate maybe 1 C of that. Total for the day on calories was around 800 and 60+ Protein. I had thought maybe I was eating too much, but was told that I'm not getting enough calories in so I need to eat more??

Can someone, who is in the full liquid stage right now, give me a breakdown of what and how much they eat in a day?

Thanks! :biggrin1:

Wow....I didn't know that the full liquid stage included cottage cheese, refried Beans and the like......I wish my diet did. I'm 4 days out and am on liquids only........water, crystal light, Soups (strained or blended) and broths.

I wish I could help you!!!

you will find here that each doctor is different. I was banded on 7/24 and I can only eat 2ozs of Soup, or yogurt, or cottage cheese at each meal. I am also required to have 2 Protein Drinks, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I shouls have 60 oz of Water or crystal light drinks.I must take 20 mins to eat the meal and 1 hour to drink the drink. I think the amount you are doing might stretch your stomach. Just MHO.

Susa- other that broth, sf icepops, Water, applejuice, cranberry juice, there isnt much. 2 weeks is a long time for that. I had to do it for 2 days and by the third I was really ready for a protien shake.

Today I magic bulleted a low sodium chicken noodle Soup (progresso)--I feel like I died and went to heaven. But to torture myself I watched the food network. Not the most intelligent thing to do!!!

I am having a pain in my stomach/chest area. Its a wierd coming and going pain. I notice when it is time for a meal its when it happens. Im not sure if this is from hunger, but it goes away after I eat. Its not a "normal" hunger pang though.....anybody else with this?

I know we're really not well acquainted, other than me reading your posts, but I went through a similar situation as yours - and I must say - 13 years later I am an a fabulous marriage with a very honest, loving, and sensitive guy - my daughter (with my first hubby) is much better adjusted having a stable home life, and I never knew a relationship could be this great, since my other one was the shits. My ex-hubby (among many other things) used to stay up late watching t.v., then would sneak out of the house to go? I caught him coming home one night and met him with a motel key (for him) - that was the last straw...I still can't sleep with the t.v. on because it reminds me of those lovely times. Anyway - there is a happier and better life out there - just do what's best for you and your daughter. Good Luck! Kim

thanks for sharing babes and i'm so happy for you now. its so much harder to do something than say it. xx

I've only told my close family members (and one close friend) about my surgery as of yet. Wasn't planning on telling anyone - but then Star Jones "outed" her surgery and some people think she's a little of a shamster for not being open. SO, my dilemma is now should I just tell whoever so I won't be seen as "hiding" my surgery, or keep it under wraps and just let people wonder. I've had people I work with already comment on the quantity (or lack thereof) that I'm eating - what would you do? Or what have you done? Thanks - Kim ;)

i told no-one apart from my mother (big mistake i feel under pressure to loose weight with her)

and AdAm, at the start he was a pain in the ass but now apart from my other situation he's been ok.

I have a support group here that we meet up with and i can call then and with out then i would go crazy cos i love this site more than anything but sometimes i just wanna talk and not write. you'll know whats best for you if you can trust people to tell them, i'd be afraid that they would tell others ..

where is my momma? i haven't heard from here in ages!! hope your well! xx

blooeyez, on my liquid phase, I was allowed 3- 4 oz meals, and 3-4oz Snacks, but with all of this, I still stayed betweed 575 and 750 calories.

My doc said to stay between 600 and 900 calories, for my weight, depending on how much excercise I get in.

How much more does your doc want you to eat, and how many ozs are you taking in at 1 meal?

Susa, welcome to the Lucky 7's.

only4me, my stomache growls when I'm hungry, that's for the most part when I eat. I do feel another feeling if it's been too long after the growls were not taken care of by eating. This feels like more of a pulling sensation, like my belly is pulling on my chest. It's weird, but this is when I know I need to eat pronto, stop, pull over, and get something into my system.

I just want to suggest to anyone in pain, DON'T take the chewable Tylenol.....yuck......the nasty taste goes on forever........thought I would give them a try, since I bought them, even though I haven't had any problem taking pills. Stupid move on my part!!! lol

Hi All!!!! Thought I would check in, have been very busy the past few days!!!! My oldest daughter is home and had to have oral surgery! She has been in a great deal of pain, so I have been watching out for her, swimming, and working on her wedding/shower plans for next summer. What have I been missing! I know I have been missing all of you!!! Hope everyone is doing fine and on with recovery!

I went to my 3 week checkup yesterday and was down another 3 pounds and now allowed to eat anything, so I guess we will see how this goes! I have had 3 episodes with choking on chicken and the doc says he would use that to say I may not need a fill in 3 weeks. I am to keep track of how long I feel full after eating and call within 2 weeks, so they can plan for my adjustment the week after. Down 18 pounds so far!:clap2:

where is my momma? i haven't heard from here in ages!! hope your well! xx

Dini, Missed you, Kid! Hope all is well! Is everything working out okay for you these days? How's my beautiful granddaughter? I hope she is doing well!!!

Hi all. I just finished eating some watermelon. Let me tell you, if you haven't tried it yet, you got to have some. So juicy and sweet. And when I chewed the juice out there was just this little tiny piece left to swallow. I figured it was on soft diet. My doc said stuff you could eat without teeth. So, so good.

Lynette, how was your day at the amusement park. Did you son just love it? What were you able to eat at the park?

Welcome to the new Lucky #7s. This is a great group.

Hi dini girl. Hope your day is going better.

Hi Jackie, Caolin, only4me, cate54, blooeyez and ssankofa73. hope you are having a great day and recovery is going well.

Kathy, Dini, Lynette, Sunny ... hope all is well with each of you! You have all been in my thoughts lately! Tend to think of you ladies quite a bit and find myself saying, "So and so said ........!" Hope everything is going well!:)

Sunny, How you doing, Girl???? Watermelon sounds wonderful!!! May have to get me some, lol!

Morning everyone. I was told by the dietician at my clinic that many bandsters feel "tighter" in the morning... more restriction. I thought she was crazy when she said this... but its true!! At night I can eat 1 cup of Soup or yogurt. In the morning, all I can get in is about 4 spoons of yogurt and I'm full. Cool. Anyone else get this?

Where are you Jeanie? Haven't heard from you since Wed.

I'm off for the day. We're taking the kids to Port Huron (just 45 min away and over the boarder) I like to shop there in August for school clothes and last minute summer stuff.

I'm probably going to eat at Olive Garden (we don't have those here in Canada, and we love them), but not sure how successful it will be since I'm still on full fluids.

Hey, Kathy, checking in and sounds like you are out having a fabulous day!!! Wonderful!!! I love Olive Garden, I usually get their Zuppa Tuscano Soup and it is fabulous!!! Hope you had something wonderful!!! I'll bet you had a terrific day with the kids, sure hope you got some good buys and enjoyed your day!:)

Good morning all.

Waiting for the family to get up so we can go to the waterpark, another hot one today, going to be 95 degrees here. Hope it will be a good day for all!!

Lynette, the Waterpark sounds wonderful!!! Hunter will be a blast there! It is hot here today too! Always gets like this in August! Just in time to go back to school! Is Hunter in Pre-School, or what we call K4? He's 4, right?