Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

It's official: I am in Bandster's Hell!

Up until yesterday I felt no hunger whatsoever but today I wake up and voila, I am starving! And I have to be on liquids only until next Friday. Boy, it will be a long week. :faint:

From ab out day 4 I was in hell, so hugry, I started eggs and cottage cheese, I probably was not suppose to, after two weeks I could eat anything, if I had to do it all over again I would have stayed on the diet as recommended, because I lost 15lbs. the first week and 3-5lbs. since, I need a fill asap!! Danny

Hey Danny - my birthday is August 23rd as well - good birthday present for you! Kim

Kim you were born on the greatest day in the world!(Ha, Ha) hope everything is going well, Danny

LOL! I, too, have a rather large chest, even after a reduction. I was a 48F before my surgery. Now, I'm a 42D. Still a little hefty. But Icy, you can have some of mine, too!

quote]

Chim, I can relate to the large chest. I wear on of those special fitted french bras 42F. It is so comfortable. Guess I will see what happens with weight loss.

Lynette, I have the 10mm, 4cc band also. My doc had the same attitude as yours. He knows it works well. He prefers the 4cc because he feels it is easier to get a good restriction with it. Every doc is different.

Danny, How exciting! Hearing the heartbeat for the first time is so special. Hope you wife is feeling well. You and Lynette are doing so well, 20lb loss. Can't wait until I am there.

Thank you so much, we just got back from the Dr. everything went well, you could see the head, body, legs, arms. The Dr. had a strong suspicion its goin to be a boy, he said it was to early only 3mon. 3 days he said we will know for sure between 4-5 months. But I'm so excited. I'm John Daniel Harrington Jr, I'm going to name him John Daniel Harrington the third (JD) will be his nickname, I'm Little(BIG) Dan, my Dad is Big Dan and littl JD, talk to you later, Danny

Kathy, I know we were banded on the same day. Today my doc said I could eat soft/mushie foods progressing to more solid the following couple of weeks. I had some Refried Beans for lunch and some egg salad for dinner. Just a small amt. The hardest part was not drinking with the meal or 45min-1hr afterwards.

i wanna know if i'm over reacting and i would really like your honest opinion.

This morning i woke up early, i got out of bed , Adam was on the Balcony having a stupid fucking smoke and the computer was opened on Adam Facebook page. (face book is like bebo or my space)

I was totally in shock, i've a bebo account and adam never showed any interest in it.

He's had it for 5 weeks and never told me about it. when i asked him about it he said that he checks it every morning and some evening i'm betting every evening i'm not here. now i would never have found out about this only that he taught i was asleep.

i was really hurt, i felt like he was hiding it from me. what do i care if he has this homepage but why not tell me.

i seriously fed up of little things like this. his mobile is always on silent, call me neive if you want but i dont think hes cheating but i dont understand what be so secerative.

am i over reacting thinking he should have told me cos right now i'm thinking of packing his bags i'm so hurt

oh one last thing i've just read all the post everything on it. never once was i mentioned. i can also see he on this lots!!

Your taughts would be great xxxxx

Dini, give him the benefit of the doubt, guys hate communicating, there is something in our brain, probably a defieciancy were kind of messed up creatures, just be straight forward with him, ask him why? we like direct questions, if he is up to something he will be beating around the bush, I don't tell my wife I'm talking to a bunch of women on here, but when that cruise comes up, I'll be excited and tell her to get ready, and she will be happy, I do not feel like I'm doing anything wrong talking to all of you . You have a buetiful little girl who needs her Daddy, I would try to talk with him, its hard for guys to show and discuss our feelings, we are taught to be strong, not to worry, to be a man, the mushy, gushy feelings are very hard for us to talk about. I'm sure he loves you very much, he has a lot on his mind, you are getting better from surgery(I'm sure he worried about that, but did'nt show it), Try being direct, simplicity, it works we are simple, not very complex, I have to tell myself everyday, hold my wife, hug her, tell her I love her, sit down talk to her, I know this should be normal for you women, but it is not for me, I have to constaqntly remind myself, honestly I have learned a lot by reading what all of you write on here, Dini its going to be alright, as long as he does not hit you, verbally abuse you, or cheat on you, he will come around if you use direct, simple questions, you girls are a lot more complex, you girls have all the power, just learn how to use it, Danny

Only4me

Eventhough Lisa, the nutritionist from Dr. Geiss' office, told me only about medifast products, I haven't bought them yet!! The reason why is because of the expense. Plus, I realized that she has some sort of deal with medifast because I was told to order them and mentioin her name. Here's what I've been drinking:

Carnation Instant Breakfast

Slimfast

Nutrament (high in calories though)

Designers whey (unflavored mixed into the following soups)

egg drop Soup (I'm chewing it like crazy)

lipton's creamy Tomato Soup

lipton's cream of chicken soup

I hope this helps.

Danny thanks for writing back! how simple and straight forward can i be.

I asked him how long he was on it he said end of june i check its the middle of may

i asked him why didn't he tell me, he said what difference does it make. you've got bebo i've got Facebook. (my bebo is not a sceret)

Also he is talking to a girl Sian and cos of the two of them i nearly lost the best ting in my life my daughter, my blood pressure when through the roof and i started bleeding when i read there txts

Danny i talk to one of my x's and plenty of other guys adam knows about them my whole point is WHY NOT TELL ME? he's knows i wouldn't be bother once i know but i am issed when i find things out by accident. he's tryingto make a fool of me

I've packed his bags already, if he tells me one lie he is out. i'll give him the chance of telling the truth, and i'll ask hi questions i already know the anser and i hope for his sake he doesn't lie.

the worst part of all this is of course Annafrancesca but this is not me, i'm a happy go lucky sweet girl, right now i could kill him

Dini You seem like such a sweetie...I think you deserve better. It seems you're really not very happy. Your emotional state IS affecting your child. It is difficult to end something but isn't it better for you and your baby for you to be happy?

IMHO....move on. You are YOUNG. Don't look for love.... it will find you !

I left a bum (sperm donor) nearly 15 years ago. I have been remarried 10 years. My second husband raised my son as his own. My son considers him to be his father.

God bless, be strong ! :)

Snag

If he is cheating, he has to go, call me old fashioned, but once a cheater always a cheater, I do not believe in 2nd chances, thats a bond of trust that is broken, I do not think I could ever heal from that, I think I would have to much anger and rage at my wife if that was going to happen, we took vows under God, thats something that is extemely important to me, I had all my fun in my early to mid 20's now I'm going to be 34 this month with my 2nd child on the way. If I was to cheat my wife would leave me, and I know that for a fact, I don't think I could respect her if she stayed. I would never want my litlle Callie girl away from her mom and dad, I could not envision life without my wife Leila and Callie. I hope and pray for you and Adam, maybe he will come around and find out you are the best thing for him, Good luck, Danny

Day 3

Still a little sore and some shoulder pain (not too bad).

Went back to work today. It is nice to be back into a routine.

The scales say I have lost 24 lbs (including pre-opt diet):clap2:

I will catch up on posts tonight, I was just excited about the kindness of the scales this morning!

Snag and Danny thank you both. i love this site. i'd be lost without you guys

xx

hey everyone,,,,,,on a lighter note i've got more pictures up, check these out, you'd never think i was camera shy would you???DINIBAMS.BEBO.COMunder my 24TH b-day

hope you like them!!!

Hi everybody,

I went up the scale this morning, and found that I have lost 6 kgs. that's about 13 lbs. I don't know if this is enough I was band at the 21st.

quote]

Maria, That is a great weight loss. Congrats! I am sure many, including me will be interested in your Soup recipes. Be sure to post them in our Recipe Thread under July Lucky #7s.

Just popping on to see what's up. Wow, everyone is doing so well. I stepped on the scales this am and I am down 2 lbs from day before yesterday. I haven't lost a pound in so many years, it ain't even funny. I was a giddy as a teen. Come to think of it, that hasn't happened since a teen.

Hey, did I see something about a Lucky 7 cruise?

Hi. I know the feeling. I used to dread stepping on scales. Now I am excited. Any amount down, no matter how small is reason for celebration.

I jumped the gun a little!! [/color]

We went to a Mexican restaurant tonight and I just quiety explained to the waitress that I'd had surgery and couldn't eat much so could I order off the chidren's menu. She said I could so I ordered a kids beef enchilada meal. It worked great. The beef was finely ground hambuger; I scraped the meat mixture out of the tortilla' date=' which I then moved to another plate to avoid temptation. Then I mixed the meat with the refried Beans and enchilada sauce, poured a little salsa on top and mixed it all up. I start mushies [i']tomorrow[/i], so I made it as runny as I could. Then I noticed that the now empty salsa bowl looked to be about 1/2 cup so I filled it up with my concotion and got a to go box for the rest... which turned out to be exactly another 1/2 cup! Two meals for $4.25 ..... and it was most enjoyable!!

:hungry:

Phyl, that sounds wonderful. My BF and I love to go mexican. I was wondering what to order besides refried beans. Love the idea.

sunny have you got your instant chat on cos i'm on here and your not showing, let me know babes

Hi all...

Well July is gone, but we're still postin' like crazy !!!! What a bond we have !!!

I'm doing great, feeling great, Starting to get hungry sometimes during the day. :hungry: Looking forward to my first fill....Aug 13th.

I thought I did my homework...all the reviews online were great.

Buyer beware !!!! I'm going to a fitness STORE tomorrow....they already told me they do have in home service should I need it.

Thanks for listening.....hope this helps out anyone who might be thinking about buying a treadmill !!! :paranoid Snag

Thanks for the info on treadmills. My son and I are shopping for one now. Smooth was one of the ones I was looking at. Glad you are feeling so great. I am too. This is such a great group:biggrin1:

phyllser...Is cream of wheat considered a full liquid. Its not on my list of options, but I would love it to be!!!

Yes, on my list if diluted with lots of milk. Drinkable consistency. Mushies for me today!! I had scrambled eggs for breakfast.

Auntie Phyl ... this great, how did you do that....

are you aloud to eat solids...... my Dr. said that I can only have liquids for 4 weeks....

But let tell you all something... yesterday I was hungry so I added some Frosties to my milk and then worked with the elctrical hand mixer... it was just like a Soup and tasted great... "I don't know if this is right... but it is a bit thick liquid....??????""

My doc said if I could drink it through a straw I could have it. A lot of people take Soups and blend them, heat and eat. That really increases your satisfaction.

Yes, on my list if diluted with lots of milk. Drinkable consistency. Mushies for me today!! I had scrambled eggs for breakfast.

AuntyPhyl , i love scramble egg, i could eat time till the cows come home, but i never do them as nice as my mom!!! typical eh one one thing i like never turns out right !!!

i supose in my heart i know what to do but i'm not one to give up on someone but i can't go on.

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time of things Dini.:)

I think you already know in your heart what it is you should do, but gathering the courage to do so is going to be tough. Once you do, be prepared to have many, many doubts over whether or not you've made the right decision. Often the choices we face are very simple; to accept or not to accept. Implementing that decision once it's made, however, is VERY difficult.

Whatever choice you make, you've got to put 100% into it. If it's to leave (or have him leave) it'll be a very tough trip emotionally and physically for you. Not to mention that little angel of yours. If it's to stay and try to work things out do all you can to do so. But a relationship needs two people to make it work. It'll never work unless you're BOTH committed to making it so.

Just remember, you can be lousy at relationships but still be a terrific parent and neither of you should lose sight of that very important role.

Best of luck with your decision. :gluck: