Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Kathy, I am glad your sister was sooo supportive of your surgery! She should be, you are moving your health into a positive direction! Hey, I am officially off of my blood pressure meds! I have been like 100/50 for the past few days and so light headed and dizzy! So don't need them anymore either!!!! This just keeps getting better and better! Plus, I dropped nearly 4 pounds as of today! Total of 18!!! WooHoo!!!!!

Sorry I was MIA for the last few days. I tried to go back and catch up (may still), but I've got over 15 pages!!!

I'm healing really well. I went back to work on Monday for the afternoon, and it was a bit hard. Sitting for a long time seems to make my port hurt. My port is just beside and slightly below my bellybutton.

Today was the retirement party for one of my staff. She has been with my company for 31 years. So we arranged for a great lunch to send her off. Over 60 people showed up. All of my co-workers helped me set up the room, so that I didn't have to lift anything. But I was running around so much that I really overdid it. I all of a sudden hit a brick wall, and had to sit down. My body basically gave out on me, and I got really emotional for no reason. I started to tear up. Two of my co-workers who knew I had surgery were so concerned they orderd me to sit down and do nothing until the party started.

This was really weird for me. I'm used to being in control, having a lot of strength and endurance. I felt feeble. I'm not sure if it was the surgery or if it is the lack of calories. I'm day 5 post op, and have probably had about 400 - 600 cals each day.

After the party was over, I came home and rested. Feeling better now.

I think I have to spend some time tonight planning out what I can have on full fluids that will give me enough energy to continue. Any suggestions beyond Protein Shakes?

Kathy

I understand completely - my port still hurt a tad and I think the LOW calories has something to do with our whole energy level and that we just had major surgery and we think we feel great - but we are still healing... I over did it at the gym on Monday - so didn't go yesterday or this morning- will try tonite but will take it easier... I am eating about 1000 calories a day since i have moved to mushy and am feeling a little better. Janet

Welcome, Jamie and Sebsternooni, and Brumbie!!!!

Sunny, sounds like you are booking right along!!! You sound so upbeat!!!! So happy for you, Girl!!!!

Now that I pulled off the retirement party for my staff member yesterday, I think I'm going to call in sick. After all, it was because of her that I went back to work so soon. And I did overdo it yesterday.

I'm feeling great this morning... and seems like my DH is in a much better mood than he has been since Sunday (and he's not working today). Hmmm, maybe I need a little more time to heal.

Yup, stayin home! See y'all later!

Kathy, Enjoy your day off with your family!!!! You soooo deserve it!!! Sounds like yesterday was a little bit too much!!! Relax and enjoy, ohh and drink!!!! :)

KathyBad;

Your daughter looks so sweet!!! and she DOES look like you... isn;t it wonderful how fate works???

On another note, has anyone been overly emotional after their surgery. I can't stop crying. At a moments notice, not even when I'm really sad, I just lose control and start crying. I don't really understand it.

Yes. I lose my temper VERY quickly these days. I haven't had too many cases of the sobs, but I have no patience at all and feel myself wanting to snap at the littlest things. I've become such a drama queen! :drama:

Lynette--Thanks for sharing everything you learned from your doctor and dietician. I went to Mexico for the band, I am not receiving much in terms of follow up, so it really helps to hear what you are being told. I did find someone who will do my fills for me and have an appointment in 3 weeks. Maybe I will receive a little more personal guidance then. Just want to let you know that I appreciate hearing about your experiences.

Lynette--Thanks for sharing everything you learned from your doctor and dietician. I went to Mexico for the band, I am not receiving much in terms of follow up, so it really helps to hear what you are being told. I did find someone who will do my fills for me and have an appointment in 3 weeks. Maybe I will receive a little more personal guidance then. Just want to let you know that I appreciate hearing about your experiences.

I wanted to tell you ... my doc said he will do the fills under a fluoroscope ... he said that way, he isn't guessing and he can get the fill close to "perfect" the first time! He will do it with the light and while I am drinking, so he can monitor how much is going down and how quickly! So he can make the most of each adjustment! Just something to be aware of, if you have a choice!:)

Kathy, I am glad your sister was sooo supportive of your surgery! She should be, you are moving your health into a positive direction! Hey, I am officially off of my blood pressure meds! I have been like 100/50 for the past few days and so light headed and dizzy! So don't need them anymore either!!!! This just keeps getting better and better! Plus, I dropped nearly 4 pounds as of today! Total of 18!!! WooHoo!!!!!

Wow!!! That's amazing. You've dropped your meds so soon. I'm so proud of you!

Wow!!! That's amazing. You've dropped your meds so soon. I'm so proud of you!

Yeah, I am excited too ... I am already off of 4 different diabetes meds, my blood pressure meds, and my beta blocker!!!! How awesome is that????? I am psyched!!! There is NO way anyone will tell me that what I did was wrong!!!!! LOL:)

>I hope your day is going well! I am going to Bible Study in about an hour, so everyone will be taste testing, lol! I am taking the Soup and "my version" of the Squash Casserole! My mom said it was delicious and she wouldn't change a thing, lol! So this time, I did use black Beans and melted some cheese over them as well! I figured if I am doing my own thing, may as well, go all the way, lol!!!happy.gif<

Jeanie you are so funny. I would never have thought about putting beans on squash casserole but since you made "your version" I will have to try it. Adds Protein to the dish. you are doing so well. I can't believe you are off all those meds. I sure hope I get off mine.

Kathy, I am sorry your sister can't babysit. Maybe something else will work out so your husband can go. I haven't experienced the mood swings but I imagine it is not uncommon. We have to grieve the loss of the relationship we had with food. Weird psycho babble sh*t :)

Lynette, your back! Yeah! :clap2: Missed you girl. Glad to hear your port fill went well, even if a little uncomfortable. Helps to have a HOT doc to look at while he does it. I can't get a fill until at least 4 weeks post op so I have long way to go. I feel for you going back to liquids. I still have another week of liquids unless my doc takes pity on me tomorrow and lets me move to mushie. I don't want to go too though. I have been putting my foods on fit day. I understand the dieticians rationale but I like seeing my exercise, weight, food etc on there. I guess it does promote a diet mentality though.

Indiogirl, Thats a good idea with the beans. I love bean Soups, especially black bean soup. My daughter is off Friday and she wants to take me to the Atlanta bread company. She is going to check and see what the soups are that day. They have good potato soup. I really need to get into cooking. Especially if this band is going to work for me.

Hi Linda and peaches. good to see y'all are doing so well.

I am getting new flooring in my living room, dining room, and hall. I am getting Pergo put down. They delivered it today. I should have new flooring by next week. I am so excited. I have been living on sub flooring for months since the guy that was putting down wood flooring for me took off with the 1/2 down payment I made after he took up the carpet. I had to save up money and now it is almost done. Did I say I was excited.

Doing well surgery wise. Very little discomfort. Bored at home since I can't lift anything it limits what I can do. Still doing liquids and lots of Water. I have my first post op visit tomorrow.

I wanted to tell you ... my doc said he will do the fills under a fluoroscope ... he said that way, he isn't guessing and he can get the fill close to "perfect" the first time! He will do it with the light and while I am drinking, so he can monitor how much is going down and how quickly! So he can make the most of each adjustment! Just something to be aware of, if you have a choice!:)

Jeanie that is how my fills will be done also. After surgery the following day I had to go down to xray and drink the barium and I got to watch the barium go through my band. That was kind of cool. They told me doing it this way usually doesn't take as many fills to get you to your 'sweet spot'. :clap2:

Hi Everyone.

I was just banded on Monday and now I'm back. I'm at my parent's house just in case I need help with anything. I feel queezy...stomach pain due to gas and trouble with tolerating different smells..especially food (amazing). I'm trying to keep up with the liquid intake but I don't feel like sipping. I have an odd full feeling too. Its like I've eaten a big meal but my mouth tastes stale despite sipping juice and brushing my teeth.

I've had a shocking amount of weight loss since the Monday before last. I'm down 18 lbs! I can't believe it!! I hope I can keep it up.

I'm spilling my guts out right now. I don't have any questions for ya'll but if you feel like commenting or giving advice...feel free!

Hi all! Sorry I've been MIA for awhile - it's been crazy at work and then busy with my kids in the evenings.

Quick update... my band life right now is really good! I'm on total solid food and so far, no problems. ok, except that i think i'm eating too much. i go to the doc on friday, and i'm expecting he'll do a fill. I'm feeling great though and have energy again! yeah!!! last night i took my kids for a walk around the neighborhood after dinner and that was sooo great. i'm thinking we'll have to make a habit of it. we just had a casual stroll, but it was nice to get out as a family...also very relaxing to not be rushing off to anything. weight loss is moving along again, just slowly. not sure what i expected, but i think the initial drop got me thinking i'd be losing faster. reality sucks sometimes! :)

Kathy, I totally get you on the emotions after surgery. I cried a couple of times in the first few days following mine. Then I started getting irritable. Seems to be smoothing out now...or maybe it's just a happy mood swing!

Lynette, so glad your first fill went ok! I'm a little freaked about getting one. They gave me shots in the stomach to prevent blood clots while I was in the hospital. This sounds less fun.

hope everyone is doing great!

hello!

i was banded july 13, 07 by dr. huacuz in tj, mx. everything seems to be going well. i lost about 9 lbs on the 5 day full liquid pre-op diet and then was weighing about 14 lbs 7 days after surgery. after incorporating more solid/mushy foods in the second week my weight loss kind of stalled. in fact, i gained about 4 lbs. while on the phone scheduling the suggested 4 week fill- dr. huacuz suggested i come immediately for a fill because of the weight gain. i (reluctantly) made the appointment (15 days seemed quick, but i trust him) so off i went back to mexico. it went great, i have a little restiction (1.8 cc in a 5 cc band), but not too much...i am eating about 1/2c to 1 cup of food...seemingly one third to one half of what i was eating before. i do find i have gas...a lot of gas. i've never really been able to burp or pass gas very easily, and suddenly it's absolutely uncontrollable! i am feeling a little unladylike, but i suppose it is a fair trade. all in all...it's going great! i feel wonderful! i've shed a few more pounds (15!!) my scars are healing very nicely. it's been a great experience thus far!