Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Kathy so sorry to hear you were emotional today. You have gone through a lot this past week and haven't really had a lot of down time to adjust to it. Take it easy girl.

From you description I think our ports are in the same place. Yesterday I had my one week post op and all this time I have been thinking this incision on the right about 3 inches from my bra line was my port. Then I am talking to the doctor and I said 'the only incision a little tender to the touch is this one. Isn't that where my port is?' She laughed and said no your port is the longer incision by your belly button. The incision that is a little tender to the touch is where one of the instuments was. I said but there is a little hard thing in the center of it and she told me that is just a small pocket of Fluid that forms under the skin where there is a suture.' So anyway, my port incision isn't sore. LOL

Jackie, that sooooo sounds like something I would do!!! Hey, how do we know ... we were asleep, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:notagree

Jackie, I had to laugh. Here you were thinking you knew where the port was, and it was about 6 inches south!!!

I was told by the Dr. where he planned to put it, but I originally thought it was farther over to the side because that one felt hard. Then on about day 3, when I took off the gauze and had my shower, I could feel the port under my skin. Mine is fairly bruised as well.

1/3 cup McCormick Roasted Garlic & Bell Pepper Seasoning Blend

Never heard of this seasoning, but I will certainly look for it!

I sooooo wish you lived closer! I really enjoy chatting with you! :)

Jeanie, yes it's kind of thick, maybe like carrot Soup. You can make it thicker or thinner by how much cream you add at the end.

At the party today everyone kept asking me how to make it... I guess they liked it. I made a double batch, and it was gone before everyone went through the food line. Good thing I took my bowl out first, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to eat!!

Hello all! It's been too many days now for me to go back and read everything...takes WAY TOO long!

Chimboree - I hope all went well with the surgery, as one of our first Cheerleaders, I'm ashamed that I wasn't there for you. The intention was all there, but the computer time was not. PM me about how you're doing. I have prayed for you and thought of you often...then I sit down to the computer and someone pukes on me, or spills milk, or pees all over the toilet, etc....don't you just love children?

My update: It's been 3 weeks today and I've managed to eat 1/2 a English Muffin at lunch. I didn't have any problems and haven't since that dry chicken I had last week. All's good. I tend to eat between meals (something I used to rarely do) so I'm tricking myself now and leaving Water out so I drink that instead and since I'm trying to get on the "don't drink 1/2 hr before or after you eat" thing my little trick seems to be working. I've been feeling hungry and am looking forward to my first fill on the 16th. I haven't lost any weight...I'm still hovering around my surgery weight, go up and down a couple of pounds, but nothing significant. It's irritating, but I have to admit that I'm not making the best of choices when it comes to food. I've started REAL excersize this week, lots of walking and I'll be hitting the gym this week too (lots of support from my husband). I have no pain and realized that the other day I zipped my jeans all the way up! My energy level is much better too!

The blueberries are ready for picking and the kids and I spend an hour or two each day picking them...my husband thinks it's just terrific that the kids think that frozen blueberries with a little whip topping is dessert! The salmon will start coming soon so we'll have those to count on and the chickens will be slaughtered at the end of the month! Lots going on!

If you really need to hear from me, PM or email me....I'll get it faster!

1/3 cup McCormick Roasted Garlic & Bell Pepper Seasoning Blend

Never heard of this seasoning, but I will certainly look for it!

I sooooo wish you lived closer! I really enjoy chatting with you! :)

I do too!!!

Go to this website and search on their products for Roasted Garlic & Bell Peppers. It will show you the seasoning. I think it's new.

Jeanie, yes it's kind of thick, maybe like carrot Soup. You can make it thicker or thinner by how much cream you add at the end.

At the party today everyone kept asking me how to make it... I guess they liked it. I made a double batch, and it was gone before everyone went through the food line. Good thing I took my bowl out first, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to eat!!

Yeah, good thing! Must have been a hit! I am going to take it to a Bible Study tomorrow, with my aunt, a cousin, and my mom! Thought I'd try something different! Sounds wonderful! Hope I can find the seasoning or something similar! Didn't realize you used so much of it, so it really would make a difference.

Marcy, the blueberries sound wonderful! You have quite the busy life!!!!

Kathy, You are soooo what I imagine having a sister would be like!!!! Don't know what it is, but feels that way! I never had a sister, just 3 brothers, so it is certainly just my "vision!" But rather nice!!!

Marcy, the blueberries sound wonderful! You have quite the busy life!!!!

Kathy, You are soooo what I imagine having a sister would be like!!!! Don't know what it is, but feels that way! I never had a sister, just 3 brothers, so it is certainly just my "vision!" But rather nice!!!

Trust me, some sisters are good, but others can be a bit overbearing!!

I think we could be like twin sisters... friends all the time! Look for my PM that I just sent.

Marcy,

You're doing amazingly well. Don't worry about losing weight yet. Remember, until your first fill, you are healing. The real weight loss time starts after your fill.

Fresh blueberries.... mmmmm. I think our's will be ripe in early August, so I plan on picking lots. They're great in smoothies and just about anything. I usually pick enough to keep us the year, freeze them right away.

Salmon.... mmmm. That has to be my favourite fish. I love it grilled on the BBQ, either on a cedar plank or just with some spices. Can't wait until I'm back on solid food. I think Salmon will be my first protien.

Trust me, some sisters are good, but others can be a bit overbearing!!

I think we could be like twin sisters... friends all the time! Look for my PM that I just sent.

Got it and Thanks!!!:)

Jeanie - I'm glad you think it's busy! If only the scale would reflect the fact that right now is the first time I actually SAT DOWN today! Yep, I ate breakfast and lunch STANDING!

I know what you are saying, I haven't lost anything since my first few post op days! I have been at a standstill ever since! Depressing! Sure hope all of a sudden, it just disappears!!! LOL