Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Some of you have been mentioning goals. When reading through your lists it's made me think "Yes! I remember when I could do that!" So here's mine:

- To look in the mirror without feeling depressed or disgusted.

- To sit on a chair/couch with my legs crossed.

- To sit on a chair/couch, draw my legs up and rest my chin on my knees.

- To not have to shop in the Plus section.

- To not have to take a deep breath before having to get out of a chair or the car.

- To not have my size be the first thing people notice about me.

- To be able to sit on Wicker furniture.

- To be able to tie my shoes on without working up a sweat.

- To not waddle or swing my arm when I walk. (this one I make a conscience effort not to do, but at times when I'm tired, I catch myself in "fat waddle" mode. :straight

I'll stop now before this turns into too much of a depressive rant for me. :)

Hello Everyone !!!

I finally got the official word today....Approved !!!... So now it's smooth sailing to the 6th !!!! OK....NOW I'M SCARED !!!!! :)

Hi Dini.... sayin prayers for you..hope you're feeling better soon !!

Breadlady... are you IN the lake...makin' bubbles ??? he he he

congrats congrats congrats to you!!!!!!!!!!:whoo::whoo:

I believe my surgery should be scheduled during July. I'm so excited. I've been overweight my whole life... I've tried almost every diet out there. I'm 17 now and I'm SO ready to change!

Congratulations to you for taking control while you are so young. If you do not mind me asking where are you having it done and is insurnace paying for it? I am just interested because my daighter is 16 and we are wanting to get her banded but we were told our insurance won't pay until she is 18. Again congrats to you!!!

:)

I know I am away on vacation. But I miss you guys. I miss all the posts asking me questions :cry.

I've lost 14 lbs. since surgery!!!!!!!

Havent' put it in my ticker yet as I am waiting for the official weigh in on Monday at the surgeon's office. Yes 14lbs. in 1 week. Not too shabby!

Dini - I do hope you are feeling better. If I recall Thursday was my worst day then it started to go uphill! I think about you alot during the days hoping you are progressing well.

Chimboree - I love the Bracelet. Can you just order the ID tag without the bracelet? I make jewelry so I figure I could make my own bracelet. Let me know. It is very nice.

Nelli - Thank you so much for the kind words. :)

Snaggletooth - So glad I could give someone a chuckle :girl_hug:

PattiC - 7:30 a.m. surgery that is good! It's always best to be first on the schedule - because they aren't backed up from other surgeries yet. Plus less time stressing for you. It will be here before you know it. !

Lynette617 - I am having a good time. It's been very hot in the 90s. I don't dare swim yet. When I see my surgeon on Monday for follow-up I will make sure all is good then I will hopefully be swimming. Right now my daughter comes up to me and gives me great big hugs and that cools me off because she is soaking wet from the lake. That's as far as I want to go at this point. I am so excited for you. You are going to do great next week.

:)

I'll check-in again tomorrow. All the best to everyone!

Breadlady,

We miss you, too, and are glad to get your updates. Congratulations on the 14 lb.!! Anxious to see you update your ticker! Sounds like you are enjoying the sunshine and the lake.

Chimboree, your Bracelet is beautiful. I ordered one at MedicAlert, but its just stainless steel.. its okay, but not as pretty as yours and its way too big for my wrist, so I'll have to have some links taken out. I may be big, but my feet, ankles, hands and wrists are very small in proportion. I was meant to be a petite person!! :)

I'm sticking pretty close to my under 500 cal. diet, but the scale has not gone down this week at all and its very discouraging. And I've been very hungry this week... not so bad today, though. At least not yet this morning!

Its exciting to see all our July dates coming up!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Hi all. This is my first post on the july bandsters!!! I'm so glad I get to join you all. I will have my surgery on July 24 @ 9 am. I can not wait. All of my tests are done and even my pre-op apptmnt was yesterday. My BMI is 37.5 and I'm just ready to get this done to begin a new life. I have read almost all of the threads. This site is just wonderful. I have to do a 10 day pre-op w/ shakes and Soups (protein) and can have a can of tuna a day. So it sounds like alot of your pre-op diet. I look forward to chatting w everyone and going through our new life together.

Kelli from Florida

Hi,

Count me in. I just got a date of July 31st. I am going to read through this whole thread to get aquainted with all of you "Lucky 7's".

Hi Kelli! I too have to do the liquid diet for 2 weeks prior to surgery. I'm on day 4 of 14 and the only thing getting me through is that it's going to be worth it in the end! I do also get to eat either chicken (skinless) and egg whites, but I've found that that makes me more hungry. So I'm just trying to stick with the Protein Shakes as much as possible. :) Good luck.

~Nichole

Hi,

Count me in. I just got a date of July 31st. I am going to read through this whole thread to get aquainted with all of you "Lucky 7's".

Congratulations, Trish!! So glad to see you have a surgery date! Our July calendar is certainly filling up. So good to be able to support each other. I see you are in my age group! That's encouraging to me, too, since most are younger than us.

Crappy day in Nome! Aside from the fact that I'm hungry and even when I'm not I'm grazing (but only on protein...no carbs, been good at that) it's raining and gloomy here! Really, I have friends on this Adkins diet and I don't know how they do it! Last night I broke down and had a Pepsi One (and induction no-no) I only drank half of it and realized that really wasn't what I wanted. Maybe I should've just had sex? I'll mention that to my husband and see what happens! ;-)

For those of you who aren't used to "bush" living...all trips to "town" include some serious shopping. So with my in-laws coming next week (thats 6 bags - in-state allows you 3 each) and with me leaving (there's 3 more) and my husband taking a training trip to Anchorage (3 more) I should have MOST of my shopping for the summer completed. Problem is that most of my spare time is figuring out what all we each need to buy...I think I'll stick my husband with toilet paper and diapers...the in-laws with frozen food... ahhhh, the bush life, gotta love it!

JULY 19th - I'm So EXCITED! Happy to be a Lucky 7.

My surgeon's AdminAss't just phoned with my date of July 19th. Since I didn't need an endoscopy - had one two months ago - she said - let me call back and give you your Preop visit day for your other work-ups.

Hung up - sat there pounding my fists on the kitchen table with excitement and then she phoned back and gave me my work up date of next Friday, July 6th.

Then, this sudden dread came over me - I was rushed to the hospital last year on July 19th and almost died. _ But, I didn't, I'm still here. Had to think for a minute if I'd have bad vibes about the date. Quickly decided that July 19th, 2006 was the day they saved my life, and this year on July 19th, 2007 is the day I'm doing something positive to change my life.

CONGRATS TO ALL JULY '07 BANDSTERS! Happy to join the club!

July 12 for me if nothing showed up in the labwork yesterday to spoil things. I started the pre op diet today. I'm trying to stop thinking about food, but two Slimfast's since 6:00 this a.m. is hard. But I have the lapband group tonight so I think I can make it.

I've been noticing my back fat more now that it's summer again. I'm walking along minding my own business when i notice that my lower back near my hip is hanging over and touching the fat underneath it. Not cumfy in 90 degree + weather. Also, my son has made it his mission to be constantly pulling my shirt off of my "butt shelf!" (my words not his--he thinks he is just pulling the shirt down:) This is all in addition to the trouble I have walking down stairs lately. I have to hold on tight to the railing and my right knee hurts intensly. I know this is weight related, too.