Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Where is Dini????:car:

Chimboree, should be starting to get rigged up for her night's sleep about now!!! Hope she has sweet dreams!!!:notagree

My name is Cate and I will have my surgery next Tues. the 24th. I am on day 7 of my pre op diet and have lost 10 lbs so far. I have learned a lot in the past few days reading the posts. I am so glad I found this site. I have high hopes for this band. My only concern is that they will find too much scar tissue from a previous surgery and not be able to perform the lapband. I just have to hope for the best.

I don't know if this will even show up as I have no idea what I am doing. LOL.

Hi Cate

We are the same age and I was banded 7/17 - I had gallbladder surgery 22 yr ago - they cut you open back then (have a 10 inch scar on my right side) The doctor said my surgery took a little longer due to the scar tissue from that surgery - but i was banded - I am told I have the New Band - The Cadillac of Bands - Don't ask me what the diff is - but my son told the Doctor that I would like having the Cadillac Band.. Ilike the bling :car:. I dreamt (sp) about it this morning - mine was clear and thin - didn't look like the ones you see in the doctors office or in the books - it was like a clear thick tube around my stomach.

Has anyone else dreamed about their band???:car:

Nope, no Bowel Prep for us gals from Toronto... just a pre=-op diet of Yogurt/Cottage cheese ( me for 1 wk) some others had to do it longer.

The worst was the 4 days Post-0p when all you got was Clear Liquids.< /span>

I haven't been crushing anything! I break the pills that are bigger, may not have to, but just in case. I just take one at a time! It takes me awhile, but I haven't had any problems and some of my Multi Vitamins are huge capsules!!!!!:omg:

Dmtjet

I don't really crush the one pill i chop it up in to small pieces and put on top of my pudding and eat the top right away - don't want them to melt cuz it taste nasty..

My Doc says to take chewable vitamins - flinstone chewable w/Iron or you can get some from Bartrict something that are chewable - also have to take sublingual vitatmin b complex or go in monthly for a shot.. also have to take calicum (viatity chewable)

I am told no more whole pills period - either chewable or cut them up.. I found the liquid tyenola (sp) for headaches etc and have tons of liquid vicodin - (never used it once i got home so will save it for if and when i get a tooth ache or some bad pain like that.

Again every doctor seems to give diff instructions...

wrangler, you are really doing well with exercising!!! You go, Girl!!!

Thanks. I just turn the tv on and watch it as I ride. It helps keep my mind and eyes from looking at the miles.

The one thing that is bothering me is, when I'm sitting it feels like my heart skips a beat. I take Atenolol for heart palpatations but until I had my surgery, I didn't feel skips like this. I'm not sure if I'd call it a skip maybe a hard beat. This only happens when I'm sitting. When this use to happen, I'd start to panic and have a panic attack. I haven't had any panic attacks, I'm just getting annoyed by it happening.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Dmtjet

I don't really crush the one pill i chop it up in to small pieces and put on top of my pudding and eat the top right away - don't want them to melt cuz it taste nasty..

My Doc says to take chewable vitamins - flinstone chewable w/Iron or you can get some from Bartrict something that are chewable - also have to take sublingual vitatmin b complex or go in monthly for a shot.. also have to take calicum (viatity chewable)

I am told no more whole pills period - either chewable or cut them up.. I found the liquid tyenola (sp) for headaches etc and have tons of liquid vicodin - (never used it once i got home so will save it for if and when i get a tooth ache or some bad pain like that.

Again every doctor seems to give diff instructions...

Yeah, does seem that way! No, I would be the last one to say not to follow your doc's orders!!! I wasn't aware that they gave you discharge instructions, some people didn't seem to get any!!! Not sure why that is either, but a difference in docs and facilities I suppose! Glad it is working well for you!

Hope you are feeling better this evening!:car:

Thanks. I just turn the tv on and watch it as I ride. It helps keep my mind and eyes from looking at the miles.

The one thing that is bothering me is, when I'm sitting it feels like my heart skips a beat. I take Atenolol for heart palpatations but until I had my surgery, I didn't feel skips like this. I'm not sure if I'd call it a skip maybe a hard beat. This only happens when I'm sitting. When this use to happen, I'd start to panic and have a panic attack. I haven't had any panic attacks, I'm just getting annoyed by it happening.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Not necessarily as you describe, but definitely pressure and a floating sensation! A lot of shooters, as I referred to them, like pinges, especially after I ate or drank. Haven't felt that for a few days now, kind of forgot about it, lol! But I was on atenolol also for chest pain and palpitations, but was just taken off of it due to my blood pressure being too low!!! A little concerned about that too, because I definitely don't want the chest pain back! It's only been 2 days, so I guess I will find out! Hang in there and be sure not to overdo it!:car:

I am amazed at how many of us have the same complications ... panic attacks, anxiety, depression ... I am definitely seeing a pattern here!!! WE are the people with the big hearts and all the compassion! We are here to keep the rest of society in line!!!! LOL:whoo:

Indiogirl, I am sorry to hear you had such problems. But, you know, everyone's pain level is different. I am a firm believer in pain meds. My patient's love me. I must apologize for the nursing profession. Most nurses are wonderful caring people. And then you meet the ones that aren't. I think they went into nursing cause its a secure job with decent money. Not for the desire to take of patients. For those nurses, me included, it is a calling and I would never make a patient wait cause I was eating. That's why I always left the floor at meal time, so I would actually get a break.

Thanks Sunny

My daytime nurses were great - Karen the overly sweet one when I 1st came out was about our age if not older - Alicia my second day nurse was early 30's - both were great.

Nite Nurse Melinda had to be older than us and Robert was in his 40's.(he could REALLY use lapband his self- i know i am mean but he waddled & looked like humpty dumpty..)

IMHO both the night nurses where there cuz it's a good paying job and that was it.. My daughter in law who is a nurse (labor/delivery) said that their are studies that the night shift is not always the best people and that more people die at night that during the day - and that when a nurse goes to lunch there is suppose to be another nurse caring for her paitient..

I complained to the hospital and to the baratric dept too about the night nurses and phone system.

I am sort of pushy sometime - I expect to get what i pay for... and if i am unhappy - someone of authority will know about it.

Good luck and prayers to you on your upcoming surgery - it's not a walk in the park - but it doesn't last too long... I'm just a big baby :car:

It's good my nurses didn't make me wait til they were done eating, because they were eating all night long!!! LOL I was by the nursing station and the lights were blaring and they had a "coffee shop talk" the entire night, lol! No one would have gotten anything!!! No, but seriously, they were very nice and helpful! :car:

Hi everyone! Today was my company picnic...the last day of a week of catered food at work. I survived!!! :whoo:

I also had my first "food" today! I had a piece of watermelon, a couple bites of Beans, and a tiny bit of potato salad - all super well chewed, of course. Everything went down well, so I'm thrilled about that. I was soooo nervous to eat anything. It felt so good to finally get to put something in my mouth that wasn't soup! Yeah, it would have been nice to munch on some tri tip and garlic bread, but it wasn't the end of the world. And when I step on the scales, it is making it all worthwhile.

Hope everyone else is doing great!!! :car:

Welcome back IndioGirl and janiee. You've entered Bandland, and seem to being doing well. Keep up the great work.

Welcome cate54 to the Lucky 7's. We're a great group and excited to have you join us in your journey!!

Wrangler, 5 miles on the bike, that's great. I've been walking for about 45 to 60 minutes, but need a new pedometer so I can tell the miles I'm doing.

NewCC, I don't have a fill yet, and I can drink my Water in no time. I'm getting in about 100 ozs a day. I don't drink anything else, except the shakes.< /p>

Icy breeze, congrats on making it through all those catered meals. Watermelon sounds soooo good to me. I may have to get some of that tomorrow.

Lynette, I totally recommend it! Very refreshing and nice and sweet. It chews up so easily too! It might help keep me sane!

Now I just need to work on the exercise part. I'm not doing so good there....