Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hungry or All in my mind

For me, during the pre-op diet, it's mind over matter. You're probably eating fewer calories than you're used to, so you might be actually hungry, but it's important to stick to your liquid diet. Hang in there, you'll be on the other side before you know it. I'm 3 days post-op and more than happy with just the Water I've had today.

Drink Water constantly. Get some different flavored water enhancers so you don't get bored. Drink Decaf hot tea. Anytime you feel hungry, drink water.

Make sure you get your protein! It help keep you from feeling hungry. I try to have a Protein Shake every 4 hours keeps the hunger at bay. Keep the faith and we'll get there. I'm a full week in and doing ok.

I am starting the pre op diet tomorrow, my surgery should be on December 3rd. I have been eating a lot the last few weeks going through the last supper syndrome. My surgeons office was not too happy to say the least but I met with them yesterday and all things seem to be on track. They are expecting me to do good on the pre op diet. I think someone here posted just keep your eye on the prize, that is what I am going to do. I am just going to take it a day at a time, drink my shakes, eat my veggies and suck on sugar free ice pops.

This is my 2nd day on my pre-op diet and this really sucks. I think if my head will stop hurting I would feel a lot better. I don't feel hungry, just know that I should be eating. I do keep my mind on the prize and the fact that I was given permission to eat a Thanksgiving dinner which I won't. i prepared Thanksgiving Dinner this past Sunday before I started my liquied diet. Instead I am going to enjoy my favorite restaurant which will be opening here on November 22nd. After that it's back to liquid diets. I am looking forward to the restriction on my stomach and feeling full faster and longer. Best wishes to all on this journey to the losers bench.

I don't think anyone has mentioned it in this post yet, but typically day #3 of the liquid diet tends to be a bit of a turning point in regards to your body adjusting to it. I struggled the most on day #2, and by day #4 is was more a battle of what my head wanted, rather than actually feeling hungry.

I just finished day 4, and I have found that constantly having a drink in hand has helped my hunger. I do 1 shake in the morning then a bottle of Water with crystal light. Then I have a sugar free Jello and another shake for lunch and a 2 in 1 cup shake for dinner. Throughout the day, I think I go through at least 3 Water bottles between my shakes. I've also noticed that staying busy definitely helps.

I noticed before and after surgery that drinking hot herb tea helped with the hunger. You will make it through!

It was recommended that I try the liquid pre-op diet before I was actually on it. I think my NUT was right on the money with that suggestion. I've messed up big time but I've also seen that I could do it without major issues. Most of this seems to me to be mental......