Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Often Do You Weigh Yourself?

How Often Do You Weigh Yourself?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How Often Do You Weigh Yourself?

• Every day, and I record (or remember) it as my “official” weight.
    • Every day because it keeps me focused, but I only count it as an “official” weigh-in once a week.
    • Every week, to monitor how I’m doing.
    • Just once a month. I have plenty of other things to worry about besides what the scale says.
    • Not often anymore. I’m at my goal weight or I’ve been losing weight long enough that I know how I’m doing.
    • Other. Let us know in the conversation below!

During the "rapid weight loss" stage of my journey I weighed once a week, even once every two weeks if I could stand it. Daily weigh-ins can be frustrating at best and self-defeating at worst during this stage.

Once I transitioned into the "maintenance" stage, I started to weigh every day for weight management purposes. I established a weight window of 151-156 lbs. My daily weigh-ins give me immediate feedback on how I'm doing. More importantly, they allow me to identify and respond to two or three pound shifts (up or down) immediately. If my weight is a little high, I decrease my calorie goal by 100-200 calories for a day or two and my weight comes right back down. If it's a little low, a 100-200 calorie increase for a day or two and it comes right back up. I've done both many times. Works like a charm. My weight has not been above 156 for two years. It did slip below 151 two or three times but was easy to correct. Today's weight - 153.8.

I've been logging in My Fitness Pal for over three years and it is an amazing tool for truly managing your weight. As opposed to your weight managing you. It puts me in complete control. The confidence from knowing that is priceless. Making a two or three pound correction is a snap. Correcting 10, 20 or more pounds - considerably more challenging.

Edited by DLCoggin

I weigh myself everyday, but I only count it as an "official" weigh-in once a month.

I weigh myself daily only for the sake of accountability. I don't worry so much about an official weight but more of knowing where I am at all the times and making sure I am not trending too much in the wrong direction.

After losing 170lbs by dieting and then gaining back over the course of 10 years 270lbs I am doing everything in my power to make sure I never make that mistake again.

I am in the scariest phase (for me) which is maintenance. I am afraid if I let my guard down for to long it will come back and bite me in butt. My goal now is to never weigh 200+lbs again.

I want to weigh myself once per week, but I have got into the habit of weighing after my daily shower and can't (won't) break the habit :(

I want to weigh myself once per week, but I have got into the habit of weighing after my daily shower and can't (won't) break the habit :(

Nothing wrong with that Andy just as long as you don't let it ruin your day if the numbers are not what you expect or want. I learned that the hard way. I had some rough days thanks to that little contraption.

for the most part i weigh myself everyday, right before i get in the shower sometimes i forget and already in the shower so i just dont that day LOL. i dont lose my mind if i gain a few lbs cause i know different times of the month i am a little heavier then normal, but i like to keep informed.

Every day because it keeps me focused but only record it once a week on Wednesday mornings.

I'm a daily weigher, but I only count it when I lose. LOL.

I weigh myself every Monday morning. I refuse to let myself become fixated on the number. I believe in the process. It's working well so far.

I'm a daily weigher, but I only count it when I lose. LOL.

LMAO! I'm guilty of this as well.

I weigh daily but I haven't stepped on the scale since surgery last Thursday.

I weigh everyday. For me I find it helpful and useful. It really serves to motivate me and keep me on track. I have found that when I don't check my weight, I tend to not want to track my eating for the day and the next thing I know I have gained weight because I have avoided dealing with the scale. But that's just me and my experience with my weight loss. I only record my weight in my tracker app one a week though.

Daily,but only record once a week.

Weighing yourself is part of losing weight and keeping it off. You Celebrate when you see a “good” weight, and you reconsider your diet and exercise when the number’s not what you hoped. The number on the scale keeps you accountable, but it’s not the only way to measure success. Weighing yourself is important, but doing it too often can hold you back. How often do you weigh yourself?

• Every day, and I record (or remember) it as my “official” weight.
  • Every day because it keeps me focused, but I only count it as an “official” weigh-in once a week
  • Every week, to monitor how I’m doing.
  • Just once a month. I have plenty of other things to worry about besides what the scale says.
  • Not often anymore. I’m at my goal weight or I’ve been losing weight long enough that I know how I’m doing.
  • Other. Let us know in the conversation below!

Mark your answer and then explain it in the discussion below! We want to know how weighing yourself fits into your weight loss plan!

i weigh only when i go see my dr

i use my clothes as a sign of a loss

(inches lost aka clothes getting big show me i am losing)

and losing inches is true/accurate weight loss

*PS, if one is claiming they are in a stall, stay with the program and eventually

the scale will catch up...focus on something positive and get off i am in a stall, help me

or what am i doing wrong...stay the course/keep doing what you are doing*

To be completely honest, when I'm good, I weight myself weekly - however; when I'm bad, I weight myself monthly.

I've realized that I'm still a smart dieting foodie and can maneuver around my restriction.