Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how has your diet changed since surgery?

My diet has drastically changed since surgery.

I used to be able to eat 10 double cheese burgers from McDonalds with no problems. I'd also gulp down 2 32 ounce sodas... no issues.

I used to eat 2 extra large pizzas from Papa John's in one sitting.

I used to eat an entire box of Cereal... no issues.

Now, half a cheese burger if I'm even that lucky.

1 slice of pizza and I'm full

No soda at all

Cereal doesn't set well with my stomach yet.

Do you ever look back at how much you used to eat, then how much you eat now and realize how much of a difference it is?

I have not had a grain of rice, a bite of Pasta or potatoes, a cracker or bread since July 4th. I miss bread. That's it. I miss bread.

1. I read every food label! It sometimes takes me over an hour to grocery shop for just 5 items.
  2. I rarely go out to eat anymore.
  3. Absolutely no soda
  4. No more wine! I used to love a nice glass of red wine every now and then
  5. No pasta- I'm Italian!!

These are just a few changes post-op. I don't feel like I'm missing anything either!

Best of luck!!

I couldn't live with out pizza. I got yelled at for ordering a whole pizza and only eating one slice. My defense was.. I make plenty of money, if I want to throw $20.00 away I can.

I'm pretty much full most of the time by the Protein shakes. I have had issues with taking in enough fluids and I drink gatorade as much as I can and I also try to eat a few sugar free pop sickles.

It just seems like so much to drink 64 ounce of Water in a day.

No alcohol since July 4th. No processed foods, carbs (except for a spoonful here and there of veggies and fruit), soda, sugar for 3 months.

It's weird and wacky, but I LOVE MY SLEEVE! :-)

White Castle used to be my vice. As for any fast food joint - I just pass them up. As far as I am concerned, they are McPoison's, Poison King, and Poison Bell.

I'm not going to lie, I still regret NOT ordering a small pizza for myself before my surgery! When I went to the group Nutrition class, the psychiatrist was VERY serious when he was telling us that our surgery could be cancelled if we gained too much weight between the start of our process to the day of, so I was traumatized and didn't go ALL OUT like I wanted to.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand...

I'm 10 days post of and when I went for my pre-op appointment on 10/27, I ate at this Soup & salad buffet called Sweet Tomatoes. I had a big salad (with plenty of ranch dressing), 3 bowls of chilli, 2 pieces of cornbread, fettuccine alfredo, pumpkin pie, and chocolate mousse. Today, after my first post-op appointment, my mom and I went back to the same place. I had some Decaf coffee, waited a bit, then got myself a bowl of chilli and some chocolate mousse; I had three tablespoons of mousse and half the bowl of chilli. THAT WAS IT! Huge difference.

My surgery isn't until Nov. 19th but I was diagnosed with celiacs disease in December of 2013. Celiac means you are allergic to wheat, malt, barley, and rye. What it really means is no bread, no Pasta, no pizza, no fast food, and no eating at restaurants even if they say "gluten free" because chances are I will get sick anyways. I have already had to give up all the good stuff so I'm really hoping I this disease will help me be extra successful with my sleeve. @@finediva I miss bread too I mean I really miss bread :( 9 more days until surgery and I am soooo excited!

i used to be able to eat way more than my hubs- a football coach! typical for me was : 3 heaping plates of nachos with the works. now, 19 wks post op, i can eat SIX chips with a little ground beef, some shredded cheese, and a dab of sour cream that is is my meal!

pre op i drank 3-4 44 oz regular Mtn Dew fountain pops a day, now i haven't had a pop in 6 months.

pre op i could go to most restaurants and eat a large appetizer, a huge regular meal, with my 'healthy' salad and sometimes a dessert. now i eat about 1/2 cup of my meal and done. i can only eat 1/2 of a snack wrap from mcdonald's now. i used to also eat a huge double cheeseburger meal upsized and still be hungry.

i still eat pizza, but our days of having chicago style deep dish are done. we would also typically have an appetizer with it. now there is just no room. we get very thin crust with a Protein topper (our fave italian place does homemade meatball slices!) and mushrooms. they cut it into squares so i can have two small squares. that's it. that is my meal. i still love pizza.< /p>

overall, my relationship with food has changed greatly. i no longer dream about certain foods. i no longer cook and eat all weekend. i still enjoy food, but now it's for nourishment. totally different mind-set . my hubs has lost 30 lbs just from me cooking differently (since surgery every meal is a Protein, a veg and some complex carb). i eat very small portions. he eats one normal portion. my kids have gotten off of pop except when we go out, they are allowed to get one. we are all much better since my surgery.