Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had sleeve surgery on 11 15 2014

Oh and here, you guys can see how pathetic the panty hose things were

I had those hose on too. Dr told me when I was discharged that I didn't need to use them at home. They were a pain. Kept rolling down my thigh. I think my legs were too short.

oh they told me as soon as surgery was done if I walked around I could take them off. I didn't care how bad I thought I hurt, those dang things were coming off. :) I took a lot of pictures while I was in Mexico. Normally I'd be embarrassed and shy but this surgery has restored my confidence a lot.

The nurse also said to me after the surgery... oh you shaved... meaning my stomach and all I could think was... this is 2 weeks of growth, I wish I would have waxed lol

I had.two drainage tubes,a Foley Cath. the hose sleeves,stayed.two weeks in the hospital but __I had two hernia repair I was really sick it has been seven months I have loss 105lbs so Don,t fear it is the best thing I have done I feel great except my aritithis__for the first time in four years I can go shopping and not get in a.wheelchair Don,t worry about the drain it does.not hurt best wishes December sleevers

Well... these are now questions for my final meet with him before the surgery..... I don't do the whole panty hose thing outside of surgery, let alone wanting to wear them right after lol @@pinkbunies

@@Dianne A keep me updated.... good luck tomorrow!

Don't be scared of the drain. It's just one thing in this whole process. I know one person said they had the drain for 5 days but I don't think that's common. Mine came out the day I was discharged (about 48hrs). You can do this. I am 5 days out and had my first poo this morning and am feeling pretty damn good. Just get through to the other side and you can stop being anxious and start looking forward. Best wishes to all of us!

Shell88-

They're actually stockings. They pull up to the top of your thigh and have a little rubbery band thing that's supposed to hold them up. Mine kept rolling down. They're not horrible, just annoying.

@@DoggieMama - things doctors don't tell you from day 1 lol

Yea, looks like every surgeon is different. I am 9 days post op. No drains and no compression socks, had the inflatables as well. Catheter was out before I was really fully awake.

My Dr. leaves the drain in, and then comes to the hospital the next day to remove it. Not sure about the compression stockings though. But since I'm flying home they will probably be helpful.