Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mexico Bariatric Center

I booked my surgery through Mexico Bariatric Center.

A few things I've found that I thought I'd pass along. They include the hotel stay. For a mere $100.00 more per night you can upgrade to their executive suite which is good for people traveling with someone. There are a ton of benefits including a free snack thingy with cofee, tea etc.

Only issue I have is my coffee maker doesn't work so I can't make decafe coffee.

I arrived today and their driver picked me up as promised, right on time.

'

We went straight to the hospital to do blood work, ekg and fill out forms. Then onto the hotel. Surgery is tomorrow morning at 8:30 ish am.

I paid right at $4620.00 with the fee for using my credit card.

I'll post a follow up tomorrow after surgery.

Good luck! I will be going to Mexico if I get denied by my insurance. Waiting to hear your story.

It's sinking in slowly and surely what I'm about to do.

I'm very scared, but also very excited. I want to believe in my mind I'm being brave by going through with this. LOL.

I do have to say, a lot of people sterotype Mexico. I'm here and loving it. I just wish I could go try all the food. grrr. Oh well, maybe in January. So hopefully by this time tomorrow night... I'm high (woozy) on morphine and then they let me go home the next day... and I'm sure I'll be bored and I'll let everyone know how my experience was...

Also, let me add the hospital they use is very, very nice. I have no issues with letting them operate on me.

You are brave and it is so worth it!!! I had my gastric sleeve October 7 and am so glad I had it done. Sometimes I forget now that i had it.....I quickly remember when I take too many sips or bites at once lol. I am enjoying blenderized food....protein drinks, greek nonfat plain yougurt. Feeling great. I have lost 15 pounds and have almost normal blood sugar. Just follow all the instructions and you will do great. Remember to walk, walk, walk....it made all the difference. Best wishes for success!!!

@cynthiarn2000, my surgery is next thursday in Tijuana, Mexico. I think mexico bariatric center and specialized bariatrics are the same company. I know my co-ordinator works for both of them and they have all the same doctors, use the same hospital, and motel. @ Pinkbunnies, best of luck to you tomorrow and we will definitely be looking forward to reading your update!!

Okay let me say... these long white stockings... ridiculous. Socks would serve the same purpose in my opinion. They gave me some klnzapan to help keep me calm. Found out I have an enlarged heart... so I guess its a good thing Im having the surgery. Still waiting to be taken back. It's 10:24 so hopefully soon.

I'm also getting my teeth whitened for $190.00 lol. They also offer dental services. I wonder if its too early to think about a bubble butt... maybe I'll come back in a few months for some butt injections.

Just met the doctor... she answered a lot of questions She was very nice and very, very pretty. they said we'll be able to rock and roll soon... still waiting... but excited...

It's done. I feel a little bit of nausea. They took such great care of me.

I'm on Oxygen as I requested it. I had blurred vision for a while after waking up.

I'm very weak atm.

More to come

Hey I'm starting to be fully with the program myself. I had surgery around 11am and came to my room from recovery at about 4pm here. I am in Puerta Vallarta. So congrats to you and me!

Very proud of everyone! Good luck and safe travels back home. By the way once you have the surgery there, how soon are you able to travel back?

I will be released from hospital Friday which is 2 full days in hospital and return to resort for 2 days before heading back to states. My trip including pre op testing, surgery, and recovery is 5 nights, 6 days

Well I'm being discharged tomorrow morning. I'm supposed to stay at the hotel one more night and then go home Saturday but I'm by myself and really lonely. I've got a good bill of health, so I think I'm going to go home tomorrow. If they won't take me to the air port I'll hire a cab. I don't care what it costs. I'd rather be home where my doctor can check in on me and my family is there. I have a long flight home.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this goes according to my plan. I've heard of people leaving much sooner.

I booked my surgery through Mexico Bariatric Center.

A few things I've found that I thought I'd pass along. They include the hotel stay. For a mere $100.00 more per night you can upgrade to their executive suite which is good for people traveling with someone. There are a ton of benefits including a free snack thingy with cofee, tea etc.

Only issue I have is my coffee maker doesn't work so I can't make decafe coffee.

I arrived today and their driver picked me up as promised, right on time.

'

We went straight to the hospital to do blood work, ekg and fill out forms. Then onto the hotel. Surgery is tomorrow morning at 8:30 ish am.

I paid right at $4620.00 with the fee for using my credit card.

I'll post a follow up tomorrow after surgery.

let us know how you're doing!

I'm doing well. Once I got the drain tube out, I started feeling amazing.

I'm supposed to go to the hotel today but I'm going to tell them straight up, take me to the airport. I can't do another day here. I'm bored out of my mind.

Stomach is fine. It's sore of course. They just took my IV out. I'm drinking normal Water. They also gave me apple juice but it is causing me to get gasy which isn't comfortable.

I woke up around 4am and I've been up since,,, but I'm used to central time. The hospital is right by the border crossing so I've heard people constantly honking their horns.. kind of annoying.

I'm ready to get past all the next food stages, get healed and get on with life.

Oh and the drain tube was only 10 inches of tube inside of me. It felt interesting when he took it out I felt like I was loosing my breath.

This place is spotless. They keep it extremely clean.

The Air Conditioners will freeze you out. I've had to tell them to turn mine back off several times.