Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weights

Hi guys. I'm doing a lot of cardio but wanted to focus on weights. When did u guys start lifting weights

I just went to my 1month follow up last. Week Dr said work out ,but no weight lifting until 6-8weeks out.. u dont want too strain and put pressure on ur sleeve just yet...

I already lift weights, and my Doctor told me that I'll need to take about 2 weeks off of heavy lifting, but can start back to light lifting 3-4 and back to normal at 4 weeks. I'm hoping so, becuase I don't want to lose my progress.

My doctor let me start back weightlifting at 4 weeks. I had bypass. I had started about 12 weeks before surgery -- worked with a personal trainer -- and got right back into it. I KNOW my results would not have been as great as they've been if I wasn't working out with weights.

If you can possibly do it, buy at least a few sessions with a trainer, talk about your goals and have them help you set up a program and teach you proper form.

Thnx u for the quick responses ????

One month....5 pound weights only.

Thnx ... My concern is the access skin on my arms. Wanna hit the area asap

I started back with the 5-pounders about 2 weeks after surgery. My doctor cleared me for heavy lifting at 4 weeks, so at that point I got right back into the weight lifting routine that Ive been doing for the past three years.

I've lost some strength overall, but as someone on this forum pointed out to me, I'm now lifting a much higher percentage of my body weight, so I think I may be doing okay.

I started using weights at Jazzercise 6 weeks out. Also, taking full Body Sculpting classes. But, I started back with very light free weights and will build back up slowly.

I started lifting around 3-4 weeks post op, but very lightly. I slowly increased the weight and intensity a little each week afr that.

Only 5 pounds??? I hope I don't have to limit to 5 pounds!

Hi guys. I'm doing a lot of cardio but wanted to focus on weights. When did u guys start lifting weights

6 weeks - I superset between body parts (example: 20 pounds bicep curl, do 12 reps then immediately shift to incline flyes, do 12 reps...rest 60 seconds then back at it). If you do it like this you can get a cardio effect.

I try and stay above 1,000 calories a day (between 1,000 and 1,200) because this is what my nutritionist recommended for the time being. She said I won't grow much in size but I will be able to keep more muscle.