Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the November Sleevers?

Hi All! My surgery was the 24th and I had not only the sleeve, but also had my gallbladder removed, and a hiatal hernia repaired. I was out of work for 3 weeks and returned to work on December 15th. I am trying to eat more normal foods, but it isn't sitting well in my stomach. It's not that I'm eating more than I should at all. I think it's the fact that it's so "heavy" compared to the shakes, yogurt, and cottage cheese that I was having previously. How have you progressed on your foods? Any tips? I have my followup doctor appointment this week, so I'm hoping to discuss this with him. I also have not been losing as much as I did the first few weeks, and I'm slightly disappointed. Anyone else experiencing this?

Hope to hear from some of you that had the sleeve done in November like me!

Chris

Hi All! My surgery was the 24th and I had not only the sleeve, but also had my gallbladder removed, and a hiatal hernia repaired. I was out of work for 3 weeks and returned to work on December 15th. I am trying to eat more normal foods, but it isn't sitting well in my stomach. It's not that I'm eating more than I should at all. I think it's the fact that it's so "heavy" compared to the shakes, yogurt, and cottage cheese that I was having previously. How have you progressed on your foods? Any tips? I have my followup doctor appointment this week, so I'm hoping to discuss this with him. I also have not been losing as much as I did the first few weeks, and I'm slightly disappointed. Anyone else experiencing this?

Chris

Meagain

How much have you lost? I was November 24th as well and am eating soft food anything hard make me nauseous. I lost about 22lbs since my surgery but am stalled now .

Chris

Meagain

How much have you lost? I was November 24th as well and am eating soft food anything hard make me nauseous. I lost about 22lbs since my surgery but am stalled now .

I lost 26 pounds so far. I can eat chicken if cut into very small pieces and it doesn't give me a problem. Much more than that makes my stomach feel yucky. I am still losing, but like a tenth of a pound at a time, not like right after the surgery when it was a half a pound or more a day. I see the dr. tomorrow, so looking forward to seeing what is said. I'm walking 2-3 times a week, but I've been working long hours so it's been hard to do much more than that.

Meagain

I lost 26 pounds so far. I can eat chicken if cut into very small pieces and it doesn't give me a problem. Much more than that makes my stomach feel yucky. I am still losing, but like a tenth of a pound at a time, not like right after the surgery when it was a half a pound or more a day. I see the dr. tomorrow, so looking forward to seeing what is said. I'm walking 2-3 times a week, but I've been working long hours so it's been hard to do much more than that.

Thanks. .. I tried walking and exercising bit felt weak. So will try again next week. My biggest challenge is Water suggested intake and Vitamins.

chicken has been very hard for me to get down so I'm avoiding it. Getting my Protein from fish, pulses, soft cheese and fortified milk. Week 3 of soft diet and food getting stuck behind my breastbone less often

Hello...my surgery was Nov. 18th and chicken can be difficult. Cosco has this Honey Smoke Salmon and it's GREAT! So I do that o fish and still my Premier Protein shakes 2xs a day. I just have to do better w/ veggies. Oh and since Surgery I've lost 25lbs. mine is Slow coming off now too.

Edited by Buttercupbrown

Hello All. I haven't posted in a while, thought I'd catch up. I'm 11 weeks post op and have only lost 23lbs! My weight loss has stalled and I'm getting discouraged. My doctor said that because I didn't have a whole lot to lose, the weight will come off slowly. I weighed 213lbs pre-op. In a two week period I've only lost 1 lb, but I guess that's better than gaining. :(

Hello All. I haven't posted in a while, thought I'd catch up. I'm 11 weeks post op and have only lost 23lbs! My weight loss has stalled and I'm getting discouraged. My doctor said that because I didn't have a whole lot to lose, the weight will come off slowly. I weighed 213lbs pre-op. In a two week period I've only lost 1 lb, but I guess that's better than gaining. :(

No worries am like that too. concentrate on your Vitamins and Water am hopeful I will lose more.

Hey guys!

I hope everyone is doing well and haven't had any major issues.

How have the progression through the different food stages been?

For me, I haven't had too many problems aside from acid/burning stomach but I've been prescribed more acid reducing meds, and I'm much better!!

One thing I find crazy is I have so so so much gas... like all the time. Not necessarily painful but I'm constantly tooting lol (sorry if this is TMI)

I was just wondering if any of you have been experiencing the same thing? It's the weirdest thing ever.... to me anyway. If anyone has insight as to why I'm experiencing this much gas that would be awesome.

I was sleeved November 26th and so far it's been good! I hope you all are doing well!

Sheena :-)

@@Dreamingofhealth I'm the opposite. I barely have any gas and I used to have it a lot before surgery. Are you drinking a lot of dairy? Some become lactose intolerant after surgery.

@"krisrpaz" I have been consuming more dairy products as in cheese and what not but I do not drink milk. Maybe I'll try to cut down and see if that helps! Thanks for giving me an idea as to what could be going on!

Checking in!

I'm doing well. I'm down 45 lbs since 11-6-14 surgery day. Progress Definitely slowed down in dec because I ate things besides protein! But I am doing great. Only complaints are not being able to get in the recommended Vitamins (I throw them up several times a week) and still wanting to eat beyond what my body can handle.

I find if I wait to long to eat I eat too fast and really I can only take in 3-5 bites. I continually take another and its to much. Wish I could figure out when to stop but I'm sure I will get there.

Typical day is powdered coffee drink/sugar free, mixed in blender ball with GENEPRO Protein powder and hot Water. ---Then lunch is tuna with 1 tsp mayo and sometimes with a few wheat thins or a chunk of rotissirie chicken no skin or avacado and corn chips. ---Snack is yogurt or fruit. ---Dinner is chicken 1-3 oz and a bite or two of veggies. ---Sometimes I eat veggies seperate an hour before so I can eat a whole serving which my dr frowns on... But I love me some veggies!! --- pm snack is string cheese or fruit or whatever I want low calorie.

Pretty much I have what I want just less of it and I choose Protein more often than other things I used to have. Example used to love waffles with pbutter and Syrup now I have half piece Dave's killer bread toasted with 2 tsp pbutter. Get grains and protein and it's like a treat????. I had some treats every day around Christmas so I had way more calories than normal but it hit the spot and one cookie or brownie or treat is a far cry from the pan of goodies I would consume in the past . I call it progress and real life.

With exercise or walking the lbs just keep coming off. 60 lbs gone since starting program in June 2014. Praying to hit goal by June but I will continue to be happy with any weight loss as it's all a success.

How bout the rest of the November sleevers?