Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the November Sleevers?

Wow! I am feeling like I'm not doing as good as I should be! You all have lost so much including your pre-op diet! Including the pre-op loss, I'm down 36 pounds. I'm very happy with the loss, but WOW a lot of you are doing much better! I am still having some difficulty eating real foods at dinner. I mostly eat cottage cheese, yogurt, and cheese sticks for lunch and Snacks, while at dinner I try to eat chicken, beef, pork and veggies. I know that I need to up my Water drinking, as this is hard for me to get the 64 ounces in. I also feel like I have to go back to including the shakes to make sure I'm hitting all my Protein. I work in an office and have had many 12 hour days lately, so exercise is not being done regularly (averaging 1-2 times a week for 20 minutes). I really am pleased that I am making progress, but it just seems like a lot of you have been doing better. I hope the November sleevers continue to provide updates and suggestions!

Just follow your guidelines and your body will take care of the rest. Take regular exercise and please try to resist comparing yourself to others. Remember this is not a slimming competition but a journey into a new way of life.

Keep going strong and enjoy all the benefits of your new health xx

Hi guys! Water is not my best friend like it used to be:( but Gatorade and cranberry juice are. If I were to eat and need a small drink in between even when we aren't suppose to Gatorade is the one that doesn't cause me to feel like I need to stop eating bcz I'm too full of liquid. food has been good. I can eat everything so far except spices just small bites. Ice cream is my absolute favorite even when before the surgery I didn't even eat it. Ice lost 65 since preop. Very happy with the results. The hair is falling like crazy but I have plenty. I will say, I suck at taking my Vitamins. My period has been more normal. My Bowes not so much. I can spend a whole week without going n then go 3 days in a row. Exercise been horrible. The cold keeps Me at home a lot but I like to think my boyfriend is helping with that sex workout. In all I think things are great. One day at a time

Any other ideas of getting Water in?

Water has been my toughest thing. I drank lots of water before surgery, but struggle now. My body doesn't seem to like plain water anymore. It tolerates it better if I add a small squirt of a water flavor enhancer. You might want to try that.

For me I have to have squash or herbal teas in a big mug and sip on a bottle/glass of Water in between. This is where mind over matter comes into its own: I aim for 5 days out of 7 of Fluid perfection and try not to beat myself up for the 2 days I may fall short

Am stuck for last three weeks anyone else experiencing the same please chime in

Yes but I haven't been very good following the rules because I've been traveling for work. I'm going to do 5 day pre-op diet starting Monday to jump start weight loss again.

I go through plateaus every three weeks, then lose for three weeks and plateau again. It will start coming off! I stalled on my workouts in March since I work in public accounting and my audits all issue in March, but starting this week I am back working out.

Anyone still having shortness of breath during intense exercise? I'm fine swimming, spinning, jogging, etc but if I am at a pace greater than a jog I get wheezy with a tight throat. I am sure it is surgery related still as I am only 5 months out.

Keep up the good work everyone! Down from 322 (310 pre surgery) to 252. My goal is 230-240.

Edited by graftmw

Hey, ya'll!!! I'm a November sleever, too, and just found this site!!! It's encouraging to me to see how others are doing who had their surgery about the same time as I did.

My surgery was done on 11/10/14. So far I'm doing quite well, although the weight loss is a little slow right now. Several days after surgery and while at home, I began experiencing some complications. I we admitted to the hospital again with pleural effusion (reactive Fluid collecting around my left lung), infection, hematoma in the gut, and bile collecting under the diaphragm. Spent 13 days in the hospital and another 6 days in inpatient rehab for some intensive physical therapy. Even though I had to deal with all of this, I'm glad I had the surgery and would do it again.

I've joined the Memorial Day Challenge with the goal to break under 200 lbs. I'm so close, but keep bouncing around within about a 5 lb. range. I am doing what I'm supposed to be doing - tracking food, keeping within calories, carbs, and Protein goals, and exercising (all more days than not :rolleyes: ). I'm hoping this challenge will get me into Onederland :) .

I'm down 87 lbs since pre_op. I still find it hard to get more than like 24oz of fluids a day. I too get stalls regularly

How's everybody doing???? I have recently fallen off track. I stopped journaling and started eating unneccessary carbs, grazing, and drinking booze again. My weight lost had stopped. I haven't gained any but haven't lost any either. I do still work out pretty hard 5-6 days a week. My body is still changing as I gain muscle but the scale is not moving. I have been close to the same weight for 2-3 months. This week I went back to basics. The first two days I did liquids only. I'm now progressing to more solid Protein type foods. I've journaled everything. I eat 6 times a day in which two of those are drinking low carb protien shakes. I'm starting to feel better and like im back on track. I'm down 5 lbs already so I'm hopeful my weight loss will begin again. Maybe not how it was in the beginning but at least 5-10 lbs a month. I wanna know how others are doing who were sleeved in November?? Started at 350lbs and am now 235lbs.

Hello...I was sleeved on 11/20/14 and I am down 132 lbs (373 to 241). The weight loss is starting to slow down, but I am ok with it. Hoping to lose another 40-45 lbs.

I was sleeved on 11/18/2014. Started around 340 lbs. and now i am at 229. (so down about 110 pounds since surgery)

I have also hit a terrible wall. I have been stuck for a few weeks at least and am having a hard time because i have been eating too many carbs and letting the sugars back in. I know what i need to do.. go back to Proteins and back to basics.. but i am struggling to do it. I do work out at least 4 times a week; hence i haven't gained. Uggh.. hoping to get my head back in the game.. i would like to at least get down to 170lbs. Anyone else feeling these struggles?

Look up the 5 day pouch test...I'm in the process of doing it now. It may help you get back on track and help control the carb urges!

I was sleeved November 6th. I'm down from 308 to 195. Weight loss has slowed last few months I am averaging about 3 to 4 lbs a month, that is it. I do need to work out more and have let some carbs sneak in. But in do watch my calories. I find if I want some toast or something, nature's own has 40 calorie a slice wheat bread and is very good. I still practice Protein first. I do see I can eat a lot more now than I ever could after surgery. I know if I ate unhealthy high calorie items now, I could eat enough volume to gain weight. For a bit I started to wash down food with some crystal light when eating. But that flushes the food out the stomach which makes you hungry again. So I have stopped drinking while eating. So now is when we need to be most careful and make eating healthy a lifestyle change. This tool we had, VSG, is almost used up, it's now up to us to have learned to eat better these past 9 months. Good luck all.. Stay the course.