Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the November Sleevers?

@@Wtloss

Hi - please give yourself a break: you are only 3 weeks post op and your body is still recovering from the surgery. You need time to recover. At my pre-op assessment I was told it takes 6 weeks before the body gets back to normal.

Right now everything you ingest is to help your new new pouch get used to functioning without stretching it. Try to see this time as healing, and when you're back on solids at smaller portions combined with some serious exercise I am sure you'll see really positive results.

You have lost weight since the op, so Celebrate it! I am 11 days post op and have not weighed myself yet. I am focusing on getting in my protien,fluids and Vitamins which I think is challenge enough: I cannot dictate to my body how much it should lose.

As long as I follow my surgeon's and dietician's advice to the letter that is all I need to worry about. I can't wait to start exercising and reclaim my health.

I feel as though I have been given my life back and I intend to enjoy every minute of it!

Focus on the wonderful opportunities that are going to open up for you and don't limit it by how many pounds you have lost.

Best of luck to you and to all of us on this very courageous journey.

xxx

Hey guys! I hope everyone is doing great!

I don't know how I'm doing... I am not drinking enough and i honestly don't know how I can drink more... I'm calling my regular GP to see if I'm dehydrated and if maybe I can get some fluids.

I feel like a failure in that department :-(

How are you guys getting all your fluids and Protein and Vitamins in? Can you give me an example of how your day looks with times and what you are drinking/eating?

Thanks so much!!

Sheena :-)

Do you have trouble drinking in general or just finding the time to?

I think everyone has to try to figure out what works for them but this is what I do:

6:00-7:00 Drink 20 oz hot tea

8:00 Eat Breakfast

9:00-11:00 Fill up 32 oz bottle and work on sipping

11:30-12:30 lunch

1:30 - 5:00 Finish drinking 32 oz bottle

5:00-6:00 Go walking

6:30 dinner

8:00-9:00 Another 20 oz hot tea

So one 32 oz bottle and start and end my day with a 20 oz tea. That's 72 oz of Water.

Hi Sheena.

Glad to see you're doing ok although frustrated. I too was at that point of not knowing how I was doing. I surely was not getting all of my liquids, Protein or Vitamins in at first post-op. I don't see how all the ones that say they are, are doing it. My stomach/throat wouldn't allow it, was still sore the first two weeks. It is imperative that you stay hydrated so it's key to drink as much as you can tolerate. The drink schedule I see posted from the other sleever is good but may not work for you just a week or so post-op. I am now 7 weeks post-op and I still have problems getting it all in. On a positive note, I am doing great on regular foods, I have only lost 16lbs so far but I was only at 213lbs when first started so that's awesome to me that I'm now under 200lbs. Something that I haven't been in 10 years.

Thank you Taniaceli and Silver01 for your helpful tips and advice!

As the days move on it is definitely getting easier to take larger sips, so for that I am grateful. I just feel when I drink (maybe I'm trying to drink too fast) I get pain and gassy and it's very unpleasant and painful.

I knew this wasn't going to be easy and I'm still thankful I did this I just thought I'd be better and drinking Water hahahaha

It's tough, but with your sample menus and times I'll see if I can stick to it and get more into me.

But for the record, when should someone see a doctor for dehydration? Should there be signs or symptoms I can look for?

Thank you all again! I appreciate all the help and support!

@Laydee

Thank you for you words of wisdom. You are right to focus on our instructions and getting well. We should Celebrate each day we have. I know I have lost inches because I am in cloths I wore when I first had the band. My concern is this happened with the band I lost some weight and then it stopped. I am hoping this experience goes better.

@ thank you for the menu sample. It's very helpful. I am going to set my phone timer for when to eat so I don't graze throughout the day.

Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions we are all on the same journey to get healthy and live life to the fullest.

Let's go and make our dreams reality!

Sheena,

I would seek medical attention for dehydration if u feel that u can barely stand or lift up your arms, rapid heartbeat, excessive thirst, dizziness, dry sticky cotton mouth or extreme tiredness. These are clear signs of dehydration. Also low urine output and urine darker than usual. I haven't experienced dehydration with the Sleeve but have with another surgery. U will definitely know something is terribly wrong and u need to call the doctor.

Thanks Silver01!

So far none of those symptoms! I'll keep sipping sipping sipping!

I appreciate all of your help!

I'm three weeks out tomorrow and fluids are something I have to work on ALL day. My doc said to get in at least 32oz and work up to 64oz as my stomach allows, and then work up from there.

At least with 32oz you won't need hospitalization for dehydration, though it's obviously not optimal in the long term. I'm getting up to about 45-50oz pretty consistently this week. It's really an effort though and I usually run out of time before bed for much more. Slowly but surely though I'm getting there and am able to take a little bigger sip, a little faster as I heal. I think patience and staying focused are the keys.

I sorta envy the people who say they could get in over 64oz the day after surgery.

One month out tomorrow. Doing well. Big adjustment. Lost 12 lbs week one, another 6 week 2, another 9 past two weeks. 25 lbs so far. Weight loss slowed when I started cottage cheese. I added tuna a few days early I needed something more substantial. The fake creamy Soups were horrible. Adding GENEPRO to my favorite broth and crystal light gets my Protein in. But I have 3 meals of yogurt, Protein coffee drink, tuna or lunch meat.

I had a scrambled egg tonight and it was heaven. Kaiser said none for eight weeks but my surgeon told me yesterday that it was okay. Finding it difficult to get the Vitamins in because all the chewables and liquids I got make me sick. I was so afraid I wouldn't be able to take regular pills I got everything I could chewable or liquid. Yuk. I'm working on it.

Thankfully I can drink Water with almost no restriction The problem is making sure I stop enough time to eat. Not quite getting in my 64 ounces but it's just because of timing. It's such a big adjustment not knowing how much to eat. I'll eat three or four bites of something and then when I have another all the sudden it hurts. I have not found when to stop?

It's not like they're large amounts i'm not sure how or when you can actually sit and eat a small meal. Sometimes I wonder if it will ever be possible. I just make sure I don't go out where other people are eating because eating a few bites is strange.

So the one recommendation I have is to take a few bites very slowly. I still have a tendency I think to eat faster than I should and you will get pain if you do.

Walking 1 to 2 miles a day. Hoping for the best .

I was only on liquids for three days, puréed foods for 3 more and then soft foods for about 4 weeks. So far so good. Can't believe it's almost been a month!

What are y'all eating now?

I'm in week 3

I'm worried because I can eat more now than week one

And today I actually felt hungry

What are y'all eating now?

I'm in week 3

I'm worried because I can eat more now than week one

And today I actually felt hungry

I'm on week 6. I try to plan my meals each day in MFP. I usually have a cheese-stick or a boiled egg for a snack. Then I usually have leftovers for lunch, today was mole chicken. dinner was turkey taco meat topped with cheese, sour cream, salsa and cilantro.

I've discovered if I feel hungry it's usually acid (so I take an antacid) or I'm thirsty (so I drink).

I'm on week 2! I am officially on purees for 2 weeks.

For Breakfast I had 1/2C cottage cheese blended with pepper. (I was able to finish it)

snack was 1/4C vanilla Greek yogurts

lunch was 1 can tuna blended with 1tbs Pickle Juice and 1tbs mayo

(Had half of mixture 1/4C)

dinner is leftovers from last night. Cod with boursin cheese, tomatoes, parsley and onions on top. (I took all the onions and tomatoes off and blended it and reheated)

1/2C serving and 2 tbs apple sauce - we will see if I can finish it.

What are you guys eating?

Edited by Dreamingofhealth