Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@Beni--I sent a private message to Alex. I had received an (automatic) birthday message from him and just replied to that. He took care of my ticker trouble! :-)

Hi Gladiators! I hope you are all doing well. Just caught up on the posts. Congrats to several of you... Sorry to hear a few things, but I am hoping you bounce back.

I spent the week on Cape Cod helping a friend open a BBQ joint. It kept me from sitting in Philly pouting over loosing my job. I may join him for the summer. Heck, I can search the internet just as easy from Cape Cod as I can from Philly...

I walked over 20,000 steps for 5 days straight. However, I did sample much of the food he will be serving to help refine the menu. Towards the end of the week, I only ate grilled chicken. I'll weigh myself tomorrow to see if the hard work/exercise counter balanced the eating.

One thing I can say is that there is no way I could have done what I did this week if I hadn't lost 85 pounds!!!

I'm still stuck but my body is changing. I'm going to count my blessings and change my workout.

Also, to everyone sharing pictures, you all look amazing!

@@Shadow427

Spending the summer in Cape Cod is a dream. I do understand what you mean about not being able to do what you did without the 85 lbs loss. Isn't astonishing how the extra weight literally sucked the life out of us? I was always jealous of what my friends could accomplish in a day. Specially this one friend, who seemed to be the Eveready Rabbit. Most days I was passed out on the couch by 8:00 PM. Now I can easily go until 10:00 PM and that's after a full day of activity. Now I'm the one pulling my family along not dragging them down with the countless, "you go ahead, I'll catch up." Also, the countless opt out decisions because I just knew I was not going to be able to make it. I feel like singing from the mountain tops ALELUAH ! Thank goodness for Bariatric surgery. It's not always an easy road but the alternative is death bit by bit. I feel like crying for the person I was 6 months ago because I feel so sorry for her.

Jello arms = 3/4 sleeves for me, but there are such few choices right now. However, when my arms are down they look great. Must practice a life devoid of wild waving, lol.

NSV: Jumping into the car trunk to rescue a rogue can of chick peas, like that's what you do. Impossible before weight loss. I don't think my leg could have gone up that far. Life is good!

@Shadow427---That sounds wonderful!! A week on Cape Cod!! You got in some great activity!!!

@misstvb--It's hard to not pay attention to that number on the scale, but glad you're seeing that your body is changing for the good!! I've been measuring myself about once a month too, so that helps to be able to see those numbers changing. Keep up the good work!

@Beni--It truly is amazing how much those pounds brought us down before. Like you said, literally sucked the life out of us. Our UPS guy at work is just beside himself with my transformation, LOL. He's lost a good amount of weight too and said, "Isn't it crazy to think you carried those 80 some pounds around for all that time!?" It truly is...no wonder we were tired!!

I also love how my arms look while they're down! LOL--but boy, lift them up and it's scary!! I never thought I'd care about that, but I admit, it really does bother me. I'd like to wear sleeveless dresses, blouses, etc. And who knows--maybe I'll wear them anyway, and just work at keeping my arms down! :P

I was at my 9yr old's talent show yesterday and I kept clapping with my arms tight to my sides, LOL!! She did SO good! Most of the kids did musical stuff, but Hannah shoots archery. (not for kill) All 4 of my kids shoot actually--that's the ONE thing their Dad does with them. So he brought this thing he has rigged up where there's ping pong balls "floating." She hit 3 out of 4 and shot right through 2 of those.

We had to get special permission from the principal and school administration ahead of time since her bow is a "weapon." They sent me a letter with the strict rules on her being allowed to bring it, etc. Hannah's Dad had to bring it into the school and had to stay right by her when she shot it, etc. Silly, but I guess now a days, it's something they have to think about, sadly.

But the principal was just beside himself with how well she shoots, LOL.

Anyway--sorry---Mom brag moment there.

I have a video of Hannah shooting, but I don't know if it'll work to share it on here? I have it on Facebook, LOL..

Guess who's fitting a size 8!!! This girl right here! I got to take home a bunch of jeans that don't fit my friend anymore!!! Geez i wasn't even an 8 when i was 8!!

Heres a photo

post-234826-0-27335600-1432233573_thumb.jpg

@Bronxmerci---You look great!!! And a size 8!! How wonderful!!!

I'm in about an 11/12, which for me, I haven't seen that size since before my 1st baby and she's 21 now. Crazy!!

I just ordered a new swimsuit and had to do some measuring to see which size to get. I'm cautiously ordering the 12, but it's so hard to believe I can wear that size, I'm scared to order it! I'm running out of time before our Hawaii trip and I need to find a swimsuit!

My issue with finding one in a store is that I really need a DDD cup, and I want a tankini top with a bit of a skirt for the bottom. My thighs are icky and I like to hide the worst part of them. :P

Lands End is the best bet, but SOOOO expensive. But worth it if they fit well! Now I have to decide between black and a dark pink. Hmmm...

Finally broke that 170 barrier and now 169! Whoop-whoop!! Here's a pic of me and my daughter last weekend for my birthday in New Orleans and a few others. She surprised me with a trip to show me off and we danced like crazy on Bourbon Street. So much fun.

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1432002392.018158.jpgattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1432002409.067453.jpgattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1432002456.771979.jpg

You look amazing!!!! :-)

@Luna222--I love the story about you being the hot sidekick!! I understand how it was uncomfortable for you too. We're not used to that kind of attention!

I've gotten some looks and comments too and I am with you, totally embarrassed! :P

It is nice to have our hard work acknowledged though! ;)

We had my honey's son's graduation party on May 9th. Of course, his ex-wife was there as well. We've pretty much both hated being in the same room with each other, but we can all be very polite for the kids. (now, after being divorced for 5 years) We all just pretty much do our own thing and don't talk to each other unless need be. Well, shockingly, at the party, she says, "Hey, Amy--you look really nice." I was stunned!! If I had time to tell you all the horror stories that have happened with her, you'd understand my shock, LOL! She pretty much hates me (thinks I caused their divorce which is SO far from the truth!)

It's definitely a nice feeling at the same time embarrassing lol. Now, every time I walk past them in the office, I feel them looking...I feel like a piece of meat! Yesterday, my boss got us all lunch, so there was pizza and a sub platter, potato salad, hot wings....and I go in and grab a square of the pizza...they were all like "that's it? Come on, get a sub, have some salad, have some wings!" And I'm not about to be like "no thanks, my stomach is the size of an egg now, I really can't"...so instead I just smiled and said no thanks, I'm on a diet...so of course I get "what?? You don't need to diet, you look perfect, damn girl you're hot! Eat a chicken wing!" :-O THAT'S one thing that gets tiring, the explaining, or the trying to be polite when people try to shove food in your face lol.

Wow, your man's ex, lol...she's probably so jealous!

Guess who's fitting a size 8!!! This girl right here! I got to take home a bunch of jeans that don't fit my friend anymore!!! Geez i wasn't even an 8 when i was 8!!

Woohoo size 8! Awesome! You look great!

Lol I am so there with you all about the arms! I really didn't think I'd be bothered so much by it, but I am sooo self conscious with it. I wore a sundress last weekend without the sweater over it, because it was so hot out. I was ok, until I tried to take a selfie lol, and then again when I used the bathroom at the restaurant. My boyfriend calls my jiggles "his stuff" lol. He tries to make me feel better about it, but he doesn't quite understand :-/

Hey everyone!

I'm with you on the arms thing. But I can't decide if it's worth it to me to eventually doing something about it. I had a friend who did, but the long scar seems almost as bad as wiggly-jiggly.

Clothes are so weird to me! I have 16s that still fit, but 12s are really the average size. But, my top is still a 14. I have not had the "deflated balloon" situation. In fact, I've gone from a 46B/C to a 38D /DD. What the heck?

I also had my B12 deficiency REVERSE itself. I'm taking less B12 that I was before the surgery and my levels have NEVER, EVER been this high. (I have a genetic lack of intrinsic factor, so I've been on shots / sublinguals for more than 20 years.) Doc isn't sure why, but he said they haven't had enough patients with my particular condition to guess how the surgery affects those who have it.

I am having constant pain, occasionally sharp (bend over, can't breathe style), in the left side below the rib cage. I've had it as a "dull ache" since 2008, but since the doctors have never been able to figure out what it is, I decided it would either get better or worse, and to stop wasting my time trying to get an answer. Well, the sharp pain is new, and it's definitely worse. My next follow-up with the surgeon isn't until July, so I'm thinking about talking with my GP about it.

Reading the book "Back on Track after Weight Loss Surgery" by Thomas Clark. I'm not really "off track" (i.e., gaining), but it was recommended to me and it is a wonderful resource. Highly recommend it.

Well, headed to bed. Have a blessed Memorial Day weekend, everyone.