Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a cold, my first sickness since surgery. It was a nice 6 months. I feel like staying in bed all day. My allergies are killing me and i think the Zyrtec is not working as well. I am wondering if my shorter GI track is causing less absorption of the medicine. I did lose one pound. Hurray for me!

Someone had asked me the other day about my son and his surgery.

He's ok. He's 14 yrs old. He has what's called an inter-muscular vascular tumor in his elbow. Back in 2013 he had it surgically removed. We did another MRI the next year and it was growing back. The surgeon pretty much left it up to my son when he wanted surgery again....With the original tumor (non cancerous by the way) the ulna nerve in his arm ran right through the middle of the tumor, so it was a pretty big, 5 hour surgery to dissect it away from the nerve. Then he literally moved the nerve to another area. So when the tumor started growing back, our hope was that he wouldn't have pain, since that nerve was moved. But he did have pain. He took it as long as he could--pretty much wanted to get through his basketball season as school first. :-) SO...anyway--this time, they tried a new procedure. Instead of opening up his arm again, they used a type of live MRI laser deal. He has 6 puncture wounds in his arm, where they put the laser machine in, and literally lasered away the tumor. THey'll do another MRI in 3 months to see if it's growing again. THe Dr. said with these types of tumors, they typically keep growing back, especially through puberty. So hopefully when he's done growing, it'll slow down. He's 6' tall right now at age 14, so we'll see how much more growing he has to do! ;-)

Beni--Sorry you're sick! :-( I had a horrible sore throat and sinus pressure ALL over my head last week. It was so painful. It was when I was at the hospital with Zach. Ughh..so miserable.

Heading out for my MRI on my back/hip. I'm very confident it's going to turn out to be absolutely nothing, but I'll make my Dr. happy and get it done.....

I gained back my two pounds lost. I guess I'm still stalled. Other than that nothing new to report.

Beni, sorry your sick. A spring cold at that. Hate those.

Edited by misstvb

Took some cold medicine as I was running a fever. Nope, back to bed. Now my head is floating two feet above my shoulders. Cup of tea #3 coming up. I am not a good patient at all when I am sick. I have so much to do but here I lay like a wet noodle, lol.

Luna, not sure what that pain could be, a bit odd. Is it better?

Amylynns, I am glad your son got the benign tumor taken cared of. That sounds like such a nuisance but such is life. My 14 year old is also 6 feet tall. We must stop feeding our children! We are doing too good of a job.

Amylynns, I'm glad it is benign! Still so much for a kid to go thru, poor guy. Hopefully it slows down like u said! :-\

Beni, the pain is gone. I didn't get a chance to call the surgeons office on Monday, because work was so crazy. By the time Tuesday came, I didn't feel it anymore, so I'm assuming it was just a muscle thing in my back. So for now, I'm just letting it go and if it comes back, I will call for sure. I hope you feel better soon! :-)

I gained back my two pounds lost. I guess I'm still stalled. Other than that nothing new to report.

Me too :-\ It took me forever to pass the 200 mark. I got to 194, now I keep going up to 197 and back down and back up. So frustrating!

@@amylynns I was trying to respond to your post about the gallbladder, but when I hit the little quote thing, it brings me to respond to someone else's post, Ellen with a lap band. Lol so weird. Anyways, I had my gallbladder removed a few yrs ago, so it def couldn't have been that. I'm thinking it was just a tight muscle and it must have been right on the spot where food passes thru, like pressing on it. All gone now lol

I'm thinking about changing my bariatric Vitamin. What does everyone take, is it once a day and is it chewable? Inquiring minds :)

Hope everyone is well and happy.

Me too :-\ It took me forever to pass the 200 mark. I got to 194, now I keep going up to 197 and back down and back up. So frustrating!
We'll get past it. But for the moment yes it is way frustrating.

It's really taking a lot of getting used to whem people tell me I look great lol. I mean, before, people would tell me I looked nice, or I'd get the "oh you have such a pretty face" stuff, or I'd be in weight watchers and losing a little bit here and there and people would say "are you losing weight? It's starting to show"...and I would always smile and say thank you, then crawl under a rock because I felt like they were just saying it to be nice. Now, any time I see someone that I don't see on an every day basis, they go crazy over how I look lol. It's kind of embarrassing! Can anyone relate??

It's really taking a lot of getting used to whem people tell me I look great lol. I mean, before, people would tell me I looked nice, or I'd get the "oh you have such a pretty face" stuff, or I'd be in weight watchers and losing a little bit here and there and people would say "are you losing weight? It's starting to show"...and I would always smile and say thank you, then crawl under a rock because I felt like they were just saying it to be nice. Now, any time I see someone that I don't see on an every day basis, they go crazy over how I look lol. It's kind of embarrassing! Can anyone relate??

YES! I live a small town that I was not born in but have lived here for 28 years. Since my kids are grown, I rarely see people other than the 14 people that work in my building. I go to work and go home in the country. If I go shopping, it's usually out of town. So when I do run into people that haven't seen me since before starting this journey, I almost feel embarrassed, especially when they ask "how" I did it. I chose to only tell those I'm close to. Just this week I've told two people that I've been working on this since last June and I eat high Protein, low carb, low calorie and work out (which is the truth). I have had a couple of men look me over, I'm 56, and that makes me uncomfortable. Guess I'd better get used to it. I find myself not wearing real form fitting clothes. And I still have 25 pounds to go to get to my goal! lol!

I'm thinking about changing my bariatric Vitamin. What does everyone take, is it once a day and is it chewable? Inquiring minds :)

Hope everyone is well and happy.

I take Bariatric Advantage Multi Advanced EA, and the calcium chews (caramel is my favorite) Then I take Biotin and B12 I just get from the store. I love the BA and all my labs have been better than before surgery :-)

Im 168 now this is me and my baby!

post-234826-0-85018500-1431148326_thumb.jpg

post-234826-0-10944200-1431148358_thumb.jpg

:P HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

TO ALL MOTHER HEARTS

Lost 90 lbs, whoo, whoo! Can hardly believe it. This is the weight I was after having my first child. Once I lost the pregnancy weight and things settled down. Unbelievable!

What has worked lately is staying very busy. I mean, physically busy. Not much sitting around for me at all. Getting all the Protein in is still soooo hard.