Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't believe it - I hit 169 this morning... I'm in awe everyday how much I've changed in 6 months. Congrats to everyone on continuing success!!!post-227578-14279219380079_thumb.jpg post-227578-14279219653485_thumb.jpg

I was taking pictures every week and now it had been I think a few months. But these are side by side of the night before surgery and last night.

post-208911-14279268979625_thumb.jpg post-208911-14279269110174_thumb.jpg post-208911-14279269245238_thumb.jpg post-208911-14279269356986_thumb.jpg

@@dc0520 wow!!!!! you look amazing! congratulations!!! It is amazing how fast the transformation happens!

I'm in sooo much pain! Not anything to do with the pouch, but I have a really bad infection in one of my teeth. I've been thru hell and back trying to get this thing taken out. I went to the dentist a couple weeks ago. He gave me a script for clindomyacin, said the pain should be gone within a few days. It helped, I was doing ok, and now it's killing me again. My gp gave me some tramadol to take for pain, and I did, and it made me soooo nauseous and dizzy for 2 days. I stopped taking it. Now I have no idea what to take. Tylenol doesn't help at all. I can't handle narcotics at all. The antibiotic isn't working now. And I can't really take NSAIDS. I broke down a few hrs ago and took an Aleve, because my gp AND surgeon said it was ok to take an anti-inflammatory once in a while, due to my RA and Migraines. As long as it isn't frequent. But the pain is coming back. And I can't take the Aleve every 4 hrs until April 29! That's the soonest they could get me in for oral surgery. Any suggestions??? Anyone know of any natural anti-inflammatory? This sux :-(

@@Bronxmerci You look marvelous, darlin'! I wish I'd had enough sense to have this surgery when I was your age. Stay the course!

@@brown eyed gal I can eat just about anything except deep-fried foods. (Those make me sick.) But I avoid Pasta, even whole grain and vegetable Pasta, because I can't get my Protein requirement in if I eat it. I might have one bite if there's room after I eat my Protein.

@@Luna222 Welcome to Onderland! If the scale does criss-cross for a couple of days, don't worry. You're moving in the right direction.

@@Luna222 Have you tried a topical in combination with the Tylenol? Like Anbesol, or something like that? If the pain stays that intense, I'd call the dentist and have him/her recommend an oral surgeon who can take you as an emergency case.

@@Luna222 Have you tried a topical in combination with the Tylenol? Like Anbesol, or something like that? If the pain stays that intense, I'd call the dentist and have him/her recommend an oral surgeon who can take you as an emergency case.

Yes, I have tried every kind you can buy lol. They only relieve SOME of the pain, and only for about 10 min. I tried calling, and unfortunately with ny insurance, they all need a pre-auth. I can't go a whole month like this tho, there has got to be a way...I'm thinking hard!

I'm in sooo much pain! Not anything to do with the pouch, but I have a really bad infection in one of my teeth. I've been thru hell and back trying to get this thing taken out. I went to the dentist a couple weeks ago. He gave me a script for clindomyacin, said the pain should be gone within a few days. It helped, I was doing ok, and now it's killing me again. My gp gave me some tramadol to take for pain, and I did, and it made me soooo nauseous and dizzy for 2 days. I stopped taking it. Now I have no idea what to take. Tylenol doesn't help at all. I can't handle narcotics at all. The antibiotic isn't working now. And I can't really take NSAIDS. I broke down a few hrs ago and took an Aleve, because my gp AND surgeon said it was ok to take an anti-inflammatory once in a while, due to my RA and Migraines. As long as it isn't frequent. But the pain is coming back. And I can't take the Aleve every 4 hrs until April 29! That's the soonest they could get me in for oral surgery. Any suggestions??? Anyone know of any natural anti-inflammatory? This sux :-(

As you probably already know, the bottom line is that any natural anti-inflammatory may be easier on your new guts, but won't act as fast as the latest medicines your PCP and bariatric surgeons group would prescribe. I'd recommend you stick with what they prescribe.

That said, here are a couple of links to better-than-normal internet articles on natural anti-inflammatories:

http://rheumatoidarthritisdiagnosis.org/rheumatoid-arthritis-treatments/the-best-natural-anti-inflammatory-supplements/

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/anti-inflammatory-diet-road-to-good-health

I hope that helps. I don't like seeing or hearing about anyone in pain.

@Luna222--I wish I was near you! I use Young Living Essential oils and I know of a few of them that would really help you with pain relief and numbing the area. :(

I've had jaw pain for 3 days now because of some minor dental work (I have TMJ, so anytime I even get my teeth cleaned, I know I'm gonna be in a pain for a few days) and I've been applying my oils and using ice packs.

I'm sure mine is NOTHING compared to what you're feeling. You poor thing!

That really sucks they can't get you in earlier than the 29th!!! WOW!

Edited by amylynns

@@brown eyed gal--I can eat small amounts of Pasta. Same with bread, if it's really toasted well, I can eat one piece. (I add Peanut Butter to it usually)

I've had 1/2 cut of spaghetti at a time, with lots of sauce. And I've had raviolis too. Again, about 1/2 cup, if that.

This make me a very happy girl! :D

It's hard to go wrong with 1/2 cup meals!

We had spaghetti last night and it was probably 1/4 cup of the actual Pasta and then mostly meat and sauce. It was probably closer to 3/4 of a cup, but I didn't quite finish it. It's nice to be able to eat just a little pasta though. Need a few carbs in there too. :P

Had my six.month follow up today, 119.5 pounds, hit my personal goal of 119, he says go 10 more pounds before I go on maintenance. WOOT WOOT!!!!

VENTING:

I went to my support group last night to find out it was just my surgeon there for questions. I know this is bad, but I don't like him and I don't like his answers to many questions. Most are good, but his "philosophy" for nutrition is just stupid. He is very ridged. 50-70g of Protein in the morning for Breakfast, lunch, dinner. more Water than you can imagine, and no matter what your drinking for fluids it is not enough. NO SNAKS AT ALL!!

If I had known I would have skipped and spent time with my company I had over last night and been able to have the dinner I prepared for everyone else. I have heard his speech too many times, it just annoyed me. I felt let to just mention that it does not work for everyone, and if I do that I get sick, I need Protein at around 3-4pm so I can make it to 7pm dinner. He just said "well when you gain weight, come see me" I wanted to just leave.

The biggest thing for me and I tell people is we are all different, and our needs and journey will be different. He just annoys me that he lumps us all in one box and says "this works" "you can do it, you fail"

I know I need to control my snacking, yes. But I refuse to feel guilty for splitting my shakes up and having my "snack protein shake".........but some how he has made me to feel guilty and shamed.....and that pisses me off.

I don't know if you heard from your nutritionist or not but mine told me that I should be eating something every four hours and averaging 800 to 1000 cal a day

Edited by layknee