Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For what it's worth, most folks who have RNY eventually have to "power through" the nausea from fatty or too sweet or too dry foods. They eat even smaller portions, and rely on Protein Shakes, etc. One other reason we progress through stages after surgery is so we can go back to one or more of those and know we'll still get some nourishment. Stay with it. Keep doing the program. Stay in touch with your surgeons group and us, and you'll succeed!

Question to All Gladiators!

For several weeks now.. I have been nausea and vomiting free! Today,I ate ky normal egg beater for Breakfast,and I became mauseated. Then I ate one chicken wing without the skin and im sick to mu stomach!

Any ideas? I really thought inwas over the nausea hump! This sucks!

I've had that happen sometimes too. What I've found with me, is that I was in a hurry and didn't maybe realize it. So ate too fast...or didn't chew well enough.

And then it seems if that happens early in the day, I'm doomed the rest of the day, whatever I eat, I end up nauseated.

But heck, I think some days our little pouches are just ornery! :P

I just wanna say thanks to everyone who posts their daily meal plans! They give an old dog like me some new tricks to try!

Hey guys 95lbs down almost at below 200 I am at 206

@@Bronxmerci you look fantastic!! I hope you're feeling better too. Way to go!

I've spent the last couple of days listing clothes on eBay. What doesn't sell goes to the thrift store. Such a good feeling to be cleaning out my closet. I even went and grabbed all my son's Under Armour that he doesn't wear anymore. Feeling pretty happy, still exhausted but happy.

Tuesday meal plan

B- premier Protein shake chocolate 11oz

S- none

L- green chili leftovers 1/3 cup 1 oz lean brisket

S- mini muffin peanut butter/banana/Chocolate chip yum

D- 1 boiled egg

S- mini muffin

15 weeks after RNY GBS

Thanks Amylynns!

Im going to keep a log of these wonderful encounters!

I have been nausea free for the most part for quite a long period. Thank God, because for a while I thought life was going to be unbearable. However, once in a blue moon, I do get sick and it's ALWAYS for the same reasons. Ate bigger bites then I should, didn't chew really well and ate too much, like a bite too many. The reaction is usually burping at first and the true nausea happens mostly from not chewing properly. I can see the chunks and my understanding is my stomach can't process them and they get stuck in the connection created by my surgery from stomach to intestines. With the bite too many, I think I only did that once in a month. I am beginning to detect my full feeling better. Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences because that's what allowed me to listen better to my body. Only then did I realize the, drippy nose, hiccups and so forth were the signs. My full feeling is not the same as before surgery but I can tell when I cannot have another bite. My biggest hurdle is to eat slow and for the 1/2 hour. The only way it works for me is if I pick an activity that I can easily stop a second for another bite. I kid you not, I dust, or vacuum while I take lots of breaks for bites. I am not sure why but sitting for 30 minutes while nursing a tiny meal is my idea of torture. I always end up eating too fast. How are you dealing with eating your meals in a proper "bariatric way"? What works for you?

@@dc0520

So sorry you are having such a hard time. My NUT once told me for some stages food can be quite stressful because you never know what agrees with you or not. In your case looks like nothing agrees. Time to get some sustenance in you my friend. If shakes is all you can do now, that's what it will take in the short term. However, I don't think having nausea forever is normal either. I do know someone her issue was a stricture. The opening from stomach to intestines had become too small. liquids could go through but not chewed food and that's where the nausea came from. If after a settling down period and I have been there (food processed all my food into baby food for about a week twice in this journey) you may want to check for that. It takes an endoscopy, unfortunately. I also know of someone who had nausea for the first 4 months and then one day it was gone. I know right now it seems like this is the way things are going to be but it will get better. Work at it and with your medical team. There is a way, it may take a bit longer but i know in my heart there is a solution and you will find it. I am sure you will be able to eat and be nausea free.

Sending lots of love :P

thanks ladies and gents, im so glad i dont feel like crap anymore and that i didnt die. i have good news!!! today i reached onederlandzzzzz and i am 199 lol with a weight loss of 102 and i make 4 months on the 13th. i made an appointment for my 3 month followup but they didnt have anything until march so il be 5 months when i get my 3 month check up lol. I also bought a plain snack wrap from mcdonalds last night and ate half!!!!! i didnt even get sick, i was like what forreal lol, and then i ate the other half this morning straight out of the fridge and still didnt get sick. i start working in 2 weeks, and i start school in 3 weeks, i got rid of my sons father for good, he doesnt deserve to be around my sexy behind and i never told him i had the surgery. i think this might just be the best year ever. 49 more lbs until i reach goal!

guys this is a before pic from may of last year, i was 20lbs heavier for surgery and i know i already shared my other pic but here it is again for comparison, i just cant believe it.

post-234826-0-77234500-1423678419_thumb.jpeg

post-234826-0-07105100-1423678473_thumb.jpg

Thats a really good assessment ofhow to eat..the bariatric way is torture! I do the same thing.. eat, and do an activity so I can not have anybside.effects of my crazy eating habits.

Outstanding Bronx!

@Bronxmerci---Whoohoo girl!! You must be REALLY tall, because even in your before picture it doesn't look to me like you weigh what your stats say! :)

You look amazing! And I'm REALLY glad you didn't die too! I know we were all really worried about you for a while there!! So glad you're healthy and feeling good for your sweet little man. And good for you sending your son's father packing! Yay! Takes a strong woman to do that! (coming from the not strong woman who stayed in a marriage for 18yrs before I was finally strong enough to get out)

I'm eating my lunch right now. I take a bite, type for a while, surf the internet, do some work--take another bite, etc, etc. ;)

I've come accustomed to eating barely warm food because it takes so long to eat, LOL. But I'd done that before with the lapband, so that part wasn't new to me.

Oh goodness, last night I was actually HUNGRY. Not grumbly tummy hungry, but I knew physically I needed to eat. It was a long, crazy day---spend 2 1/2 hours at the Dr.'s office, so no lunch time. (I did eat 5 cheese cubes on the way there though) So I had some thick chicken and wild rice Soup finally at about 7PM. I scarfed it down way too fast! I think I even knew I was eating too fast, but I guess I hoped since it was Soup, it would go down easy. Not so much...had to lay down on my right side for a while and that took care of it. But just a good reminder to SLOW DOWN Amy!! :P

Wednesday meal plan

B- premier Protein chocolate 11oz

S- none

L- 2oz lean pastrami 2 thin slices pepper jack cheese cucumber slices 5

S- mini muffin

D- chili tostada 1/2 with 1/2 oz steak

15 weeks after RNY GBS