Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

50 pounds, gone! HURRAY!

Now, wasn't that easy, lol.

On my attempt to eat more because I was told by my NUT that I needed to bump up my calorie intake, I have decided to add milk (2% Lactaid for me but I am going to start regular milk) to my herbal tea. Part of the reason I don't eat more is because I start burping when I eat or drink. Who wants that! I still don't know why I burp like crazy but I think it is my body's version of nausea, sort of. But to make a long story short my Nut was thinking perhaps fat was my trigger food. I kind of doubt it because I eat super low fat. To test and see if she was correct, I decided to try pizza last night. I ate the tops (not crust) of three slices of a medium pizza. It was a "The works" and what do you know, my tummy has never been so happy in it's entire new life. I didn't burp once. Turns out eating healthy is bad for me. I need more grease and junk in my life. Isn't that the weirdest thing?

@@Beni Congrats on the 50 Pounds Lost & Gone Forever!

Sunday Football Baby. Did our usual sports Bar trip with Friends yesterday. I now have theses outings down. My husband. Orders beef, chicken figures & a cheeseburger but I find it doesn't get to me. Everybody eats the same way around me & it just looks like way too much food to me. I look up the menu for calories Protein & sodium content before I order. All restaurant food is way to high with sodium & after getting legs cramps most of last year I now know too well that sodium was the cause. I always try to drink a Protein Drink before we get there. I ended up with a hot tea & a cup of chili about an hour later. I probably got 1/2 cup in. I had planned to order some fish later but although we watch one & half games I was too full.

I don't feel food deprived but sometimes I feel like I'm missing out on some of the fun not drinking or Gorging on food. Wonder if that will change in time?

@@Jyoyonomore

I think it's only natural that you feel like you are missing out on the fun. For so many years food was such a central part of our lives. Now it's not. I eat because I have to but I'm not really hungry. I do feel like I need to eat because my blood sugar gets low and it's a signal. But funny enough I don't seem to mind watching someone eat too much. Mostly I feel sorry for them. It's a bit like watching someone smoke and when I see someone very overweight I wish I could tell them "life doesn't have to be this way."

I think once you figure out a replacement for food in your life that "missing out" feeling will go away. My only experience with that is with smoking. I used to smoke in college but gave it up cold turkey during senior year and never looked back. For several months I looked at people smoking and felt jealous but after a while even the smell of smoke was such a turn off. I can't even stand it now. I am hoping it will be the same with WLS. I am giving myself 6 months to find something I like even better then food. Right now it's feeling great but that will become the new normal soon enough.

I've said it before, but I love our group. We all are so uplifting and helpful to one another. Today I chose to point this out again because I find myself shying away from other parts of BP. I'm seeing more and more mean spirited posts that are less than helpful. I was raised by a drill Sargent father is a harsh household that spent their days picking on one another for fun - trust me I get sarcasm and tough love BUT this is an online forum where you don't know that other persons personality. What happens when something said cuts that other person and sends them down the rabbit hole? I've seen it and watched my best friends life leave her as she lied in my arms after suicide. Maybe I'm sensitive - what do you all think? I'd like to see the good in everyone so I give the benefit of the doubt a lot - lately I just feel like posters are going overboard so I stick to our group.

I'm not doing a big Christmas brunch or dinner this year. Instead having an open house in the afternoon when friends and family can stop by. I've only planned a couple snack foods to have out. Brie, spinach artichoke dip and maybe some Cookies. What are everyone's plans this year?

@misstv, It feels like ive been cooking for days. My family had a Pre-Christmas celebration on Sunday

I cooked turkey bacon ans swiss cheese quiche, italian Breakfast casserole, cinnamon rolls, and served coffee and Mimosa. Tonight I made 2 pans of lasagne and anothet Pasta casserole. Its a wonderful feeling that I can cook from the heart for my family, and I am not struggling wanting these yummy things. I taste tested, and truly it was enough for me. Im grateful for these small victories! My goal was to be 249 by Christmas. I weighted at 251 today! Im feeling good about meeting a goal. Fingers crossed!

How is everyone else doing? Is anyone feeling overwhelmed with the holidays foods??

I had a craving to taste King crab. So I went The grocery store and I bought the one king crab claw. And when I get home and cooked it I couldn't even eat the whole thing. I am such a cheap date.

Edited by layknee

This is my eight-week anniversary. I am getting better at this. The last time I saw my PA, she asked me to try to eat 4-6 meals a day plus 2 TBSP of oil. It was a hard thing for me to consider because the one thing I ever did "right" was eat just three meals a day. At first, I just added one Protein drink a day, and I had to divide that into two separate meals because I could not drink the whole thing in one sitting. (I can't figure out how my new stomach can tell the difference between a Protein Drink and Water, but it can. I now have another meal, usually a tablespoon of almond butter (no additives) at night. I'm up to about 500-600 calories a day, still losing weight.

I'm still dealing with Constipation, but I am doing colace 2x a day, and I am taking flax oil. I've tried Magnesium Citrate, but my new taste buds just can't stand it.

I bought myself a steak. This is probably not good for my constipation, but it is good for my head. I can't remember who said she ate the top off a few slices of pizza. That is something I could try, but I would try it at home first.

I'm not baking this christmas. Funny, I don't really miss it. Happy Holidays to everyone.

So yesterday was a tough one. My bf cooked scrambled eggs and bacon, so I decided to have a piece of toast and make a little half egg sandwich. He of course thought I was making a babad choice w the toast. I tried to explain to him that my nut told me I can have toast. We got in a huge fight. Over TOAST! He eventually apologized, and I tried to explain to him that he needs to just be there for me and stop policing what I eat. I grew up in that type of environment, I definitely don't need that now, especially after thus surgery. He felt bad and took me to a movie and dinner lol. So at the movies, he had candy. I tried 2 Swedish fishes. 5 min later, my heart was racing! No nausea or anything like that, just my heart. I have a heart rate monitor on my phone, my bpm was 96! I got up and went to the bathroom, ended up dry heaving of course, and then I just sat there for a good 15 min to calm myself. It eventually subsided and I was good. My friend told me certain sweets make her bug out like that too. So weird, it was almost like I drank 5 red bulls or something lol.

So we went to Applebee's after that. I ended up getting the Fiesta lime chicken breast with mashed potatoes instead of the rice it comes with. Ate a tiny bit and boxed the rest for lunch. So yummy!

I'm noticing that I haven't needed my colace for a few weeks, but the last week or so, I've been getting diarrhea every day, especially in the morning. Sorry for the tmi! Just starting to worry me.

As for the holiday cooking, my parents ordered a bunch of Italian stuff for Christmas day, like ziti,lasagna, sausage and peppers, eggplant parm, Pasta salad, Italian bread...all stuff I can't eat! I'm kind of annoyed :-/ I'm going to have to get a ham steak or something to cook for myself with some potatoes. Gonna have to be the oddball out!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Big Clothes: Well, the other day I saw a recent picture of myself. I was wearing my size 20 jeans and a size 3x knit shirt (black). That's pretty much been my uniform for years. The only thing was that instead of noticing how much smaller I am, I noticed how bad bad bad my clothes looked. Wearing huge clothes is not a good thing. I am one of those people who went years without looking in a mirror. Recently, I have been changing this, and I am getting more and more comfortable with myself. Now, I am 61, and I have been doing the weight loss dance for a lot of years. As a result, I pretty much have clothes in my closet that will get me down to size 12 or 14. So what am I doing wearing my size 20 jeans? Today, I am in my closets pulling out the old clothes that have not fit me for years. I must confess that it is making me nervous, but I would rather spend the holidays wearing clothes that fit.

Happy Holidays everyone.

@@dc0520

Oh my gosh what a horrible thing with your friend's suicide. So very sorry. My hair was standing up when I read your post.

I too love our group. We are here for each other and we share our struggles, our joys, our successes. Our bad and our good days. In the process, we support and learn as we try to figure out our new circumstances. It's almost like a diary of our lives. It's priceless to me.

Warm group hug everyone!!

@@layknee

I was laughing at your lobster claw story. Yep cheap date!