Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yay, Bronx is back! So glad you are ok!

So, I totally forgot to post, but my liver ultrasound came back that I have fatty liver disease. I didn't have it before, and my dr said that rapid weight loss can cause it, but as I keep losing and the loss slows down, it should get better. So it isn't anything too major right now, thank goodness.

I went to a consignment shop yesterday, and got some size 18 pants and jeans :) I haven't been in the teens in years! Woohoo!

@Luna222. Sorry to hear about your Fatty Liver diagnosis - your mentioning it prompted me to Google it. ( See a snapshot from WebMD) post-205891-14184997249359_thumb.jpgI've been a little worry about some sharp dull pain in my upper abdomen I had a few weeks after my VSG. Thanks fully the pain went away as I increased my liquid intake. But I'm interested to see in January what my 3 month blood work says.

I've been sad/ frustrated that my weight lost though steady has settled into about 2LBS a week. But after reading about Bariatric surgery & Fatty Liver Disease I will embrace my 2 lbs loss. I don't weigh more than once a week trying to focus more on how great I feel after I walk 3-4 miles. Or how I feel walking without pain and taking steps without getting out of breath. And yes I'm looking forward to finally zipping up the 10 year old jeans I've kept in my closet that I've been determined to wear again after starting countless diets. This Time will Be Different because I'm looking at the rest of my life - making healthy choices in food & exercise that help me Win my life back. Wishing all my October Surgery Gladiators Good Health & Steady a Weight Loss

I didn't think I needed to be on a site like this... I was very wrong. Even though I don't know you I have learned that yes I do. That we are on this journey, not alone and that there are folks that understand your joy as well as the pain. I am glad that I did really join this group this time. I know now I will succeed! Blessings to everyone!

@@joankrie - yay for you. i'm actually so glad i tried the diet coke. i too, do Water and skim milk. i also have a cup of sleepy time at night.

Here is a funny, got pulled over by a cop today, he takes my driver's license, and checked it out and said "200 POUNDS, YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE YOU WEIGH 200 POUNDS" in a very snarky tone, almost like I was 400 saying 200, and with a big grin I responded, Yep, I have lost 79 pounds, course that was from 225, didn't need to tell him that.

SMILEY. Did he give you a ticket?

SMILEY. Did he give you a ticket?

Nope No ticket!!!

Smiley, that's too funny. I would take it as a compliment even though not intended as such. You are not obese anymore my friend.

Ok all...I wanna take a poll...who has no desire to eat?! My best friend is 5 years out and still feels that way. It's such a chore I never feel hungry. Just curious if I'm in the minority ????

Ok all...I wanna take a poll...who has no desire to eat?! My best friend is 5 years out and still feels that way. It's such a chore I never feel hungry. Just curious if I'm in the minority ????

Hit and miss for me. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.

@dc0520. I don't get hungry -certainly like I did pre-surgery. I do from time to time get head hungry like I see too many food commercials and I decide I want something crunchy or sweet. Now I choose Greek yogurt or popcorn. And if I exercise that day I can usually get pass it without eating. By the way I turn down the sound on commercials or speed thru them when I TIVO.

My bigger problem is not feeling hungry & forgetting to eat & ending up with feeling light headed dizzy or getting a headache because of missing a meal. I go straight for the Protein usually a shake to ease the feelings then when my pouch calm down I get a meal in.

One of my favorite outcomes in addition to loosing the lbs 47.7 to date is learning what hunger truly is.

7 weeks out and have never felt hungry; I hope it stays that way for me.

@dc0520. I don't get hungry -certainly like I did pre-surgery. I do from time to time get head hungry like I see too many food commercials and I decide I want something crunchy or sweet. Now I choose Greek yogurt or popcorn. And if I exercise that day I can usually get pass it without eating. By the way I turn down the sound on commercials or speed thru them when I TIVO.

My bigger problem is not feeling hungry & forgetting to eat & ending up with feeling light headed dizzy or getting a headache because of missing a meal. I go straight for the Protein usually a shake to ease the feelings then when my pouch calm down I get a meal in.

One of my favorite outcomes in addition to loosing the lbs 47.7 to date is learning what hunger truly is.

You can eat popcorn???? I can't even have the crunchy veggies I want let alone popcorn...I ❤️ popcorn.

I think that I'm hungry sometimes. I sometimes wish I was hungry, but I'm just not. There are times when I feel depleted, needing nourishment, but that's very different to me.

Yes & I love popcorn but no more than a handful which fills me up. When I tried more my pouch let me know it was a bad idea