Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just to add Pure African Shea butter really helps jpint pain. I live by this stuff. Again, it has to be the pure stuff. I usually by it at a local African store in the Houston area.

@Beni. Keep trying & you'll find a exercise routine that works for you! I love walking outside I did 2 miles today but other days I walk 3 miles and on the weekend 4 miles. I conquered my fear of walking in the cold 28- 32 degrees but I know when the snow sticks & its get really cold I will need something else & so far mall walking hasn't attracted me. But I know I need a back up because exercise has to be several days a week to get to my weight loss goal & my goal of winning at maintenance.

I continue to lose each week but I know I have per my surgeon 12 to 18 months max to lose this weight before my body fights to hold on to every inch. Come on Gladiators We Can Do It! post-205891-14177262872973_thumb.jpg post-205891-14177263933651_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jyoyonomore

I was sleeved on October 10, my new birthday! I started at 255 pre-op and as of yesterday morning, the scale reads 211!! I'm loving seeing my feet again! My seatbelt fits the way it should, I can climb a flight of stairs without getting winded, my feet don't hurt, etc...

In short, this was the best decision I've made so far! I've been on every diet known to man over the last 20 years. I've lost 50 pounds only to gain back 60. The choice to have this surgery as opposed to some of the others is that IT'S NOT REVERSIBLE. I'm forced to stick to it, no choice.

I have horrible knees and I do gain weight when I retain Water. As much 2-4 pounds. I do not have RA but really bad degenerative arthritis in both knees. Had one replaced in March, just mad I waited NO PAIN in that knee and only occasional swelling. The bad knee will go bye bye early next year. I took celebrex for nearly 20 years in varying amounts and now do not use it at all. I had stopped almost a year before RNY. It is such a journey.

I started yoga this past Wednesday and joined a gym again. My diet is not the recommended diet, but my body doesn't care about my food choice as long as it isn't dry, so of course I stalled. A bite of donut here a couple of french fries there. I need to do better. I still barely get 500-800 calories in a day. Going to go back to exercising 5+ days a week and start keeping better track of what I put in mouth. I waver around 254-256Lbs for the last 2 weeks. I have to be a good example because my aunt is having RNY Monday. I tried to talk her out of it but she's determined. So I'm going to try to do it the right way with her.

Thank you everyone for the kind words regarding my weight loss. I so needed them. You are the best!

@Luna222--Plaquenil is another one I was on, I'd forgotten that. After Prednisone, Mobic, etc...

Yeah, I wonder if yours is something else?? I never had much swelling honestly...mine was 95% in my hands. They literally hurt every single day, even when I was on the meds. That's what I kept telling the first Dr. So he just kept trying new meds.

But there were times if I didn't get enough sleep or if I was sick, or if I'd eaten a lot of junk food (chocolate is a for sure pain trigger) ...it was literally pain in every single joint in my body, right down to my toe joints.

The Dr. at the University tested me for everything under the sun! Sent me to the endocrinology department too, and they did even more tests! I do have something auto-immune going on in my body. I have Graves Disease, which effects the thyroid (also causes joint pain) But I was able to slowly go off meds for that back in 2010 I believe. But I know food really plays a part in it all for me. The "cleaner" I eat, the better my body feels, which kind of makes sense for everyone I suppose! :-) I can't even remember all they tested me for, but I know one was celiac disease and lupus. All they could detect is the Graves Stuff.

I use Young Living Brand oils because you can ingest them. I'd use them topically also, but a lot of times I'd just make a little vegetable capsule with a concoction of oils and wow...what a difference! I have not ingested them since my surgery though. I'm sure it's still safe to, but I don't want anything making my picky little pouch angry. LOL! My main ones I use daily are, Valor, Panaway, Deep Relief, copaiba, and peppermint. I layer them, using coconut oil as a carrier oil. (just helps it go further) But for my hands I just rub it right in and I'm good!

Frankincense and Lavender are amazing for the skin! I wish I was near you, I'd come to you for skin care, LOL!

( I probably have at least 75 bottles of oil on my dresser at home, LOL--We're oil freaks at our house. :P )

Omg 75 bottles!? I'm jealous lol. What is in the Valor, panaway and deep relief, do you know? One of mine is called deep blue, I wonder if it's similar? I know alot of these oils are injestable too, I'll have to check. How do you get capsules and stuff?? I'm def interested! And I looove that necklace! Lol where can I find that too???

I don't know that they've ever tested me for Graves, but lupus was one in was tested for years ago. I've read about Graves alot tho, my mom tells me to stay off of Google, but I can't help it lol. As far as my pain, my knees and hands are the worst. Some days I can't move, some days I can't even open a door knob.

It makes me so sad because pretty soon I won't be able to do facials :( it's what I love and it's being slowly taken away from me.

Still no word on the liver, but it's only 8am lol. They did call me yesterday and said my Vitamin D is low, so I have to start taking that too, even tho I was supposed to before lol. I'm so bad at remembering it all!

How are you feeling?? Has the nausea subsided? I'm starting to notice I get nauseous when I eat meat...not good :(

Ohhh...and I hit a milestone ladies!!! Lol, it's just the little things for me! I was able to zip up a pair of size 8 knee high boots at lane Bryant yesterday! I haven't ever worn knee high boots because my calves were so thick, even too thick for lane Bryant extended sizes! Lol I did a happy dance and the lady was like ohh you found something? I said well I'm not buying them right now, just way too excited that they fit!

@@Bronxmerci

Hey Bronxi! Haven't heard from you since the last bleeding episode! Just want to know what's going on, how you are. I'm praying for you!

Just in case anyone is having similar issues.... I'm 8 weeks out and have had debilitating nausea and gas that stumped my doctors. I decided to go slightly against their NUT and have found relief. Early I found out I'm now lactose intolerant so I invested in whey isolates I could never get down. I made the correct assumption that I was indeed allergic to whey with an aversion to meat. I'm happy to report I'm nausea free and feeling great. I found a vegan shake that works and eat vegetarian while still getting everything required. I do enjoy fish when I can handle it as well. Meat isn't necessary and in my case was causing a lot of pain. We can succeed without it if you have similar problems like me. Starting to see that light ????

@ dc0520 It's a relief to know I'm not crazy lol. I have been soooo nauseous lately, and I've been noticing that it is after I eat meat. Even the leanest of meats and I'm just miserable for the next hour or so. The same thing with the whey Protein Shakes. I spent $100 on powders that my tummy can't take. I'm curious to know what the vegan shake is that you are using? I went to GNC the other day to just look around and come home and do my research, and the guy in there actually recommended a vegetarian Protein Powder as well. It was a mixed berry flavor, has all the Vitamins in a Multivitamin, as well as the Omega 3....so I'm considering that. I find that my pouch responds well to fresh fruits, canned fruits in Water, wheat crackers and hummus, a slice of toast (against my NUT rules, but I don't do it every day). It's a long learning process!

I was having issues with pureed meats? But my NUT told me to try the next diet phase and it's going really really well!! So like for Breakfast I had wheat bread thins (1/2 of one) with egg and little sprinkle of cheese on it. lunch was wheat crackers with hummus. I could eat 3. dinner was talapia, cauliflower and a couple bites of boiled potato. I feel like a new person not being so nauseated! !! I still get a little nauseated if I eat even one bite too much but nothing like before. My NUT said no more Protein Shakes unless I'm low in Protein for the day but I should get what I need with food...that's the ideal plan anyway. :-)

I weighed and measured this morning. Total of 35.5 inches gone and 42 total pounds! Yay!!!

That's great @@amylynns ! Way to go! I really wish I liked fish...I might give it a try again soon, but I've never been a fish person. I used to love meat...chicken, beef, pork...loved meatloaf, meatballs, just grilled chicken w some broccoli...I can't eat any of it right now, even the smallest amount makes me nauseous. I am hoping over time it will get better though. For now tho, I'm just trying some other stuff and hoping it keeps my belly happy til I can get back to the doc!

@ dc0520 It's a relief to know I'm not crazy lol. I have been soooo nauseous lately, and I've been noticing that it is after I eat meat. Even the leanest of meats and I'm just miserable for the next hour or so. The same thing with the whey Protein Shakes. I spent $100 on powders that my tummy can't take. I'm curious to know what the vegan shake is that you are using? I went to GNC the other day to just look around and come home and do my research, and the guy in there actually recommended a vegetarian Protein powder as well. It was a mixed berry flavor, has all the Vitamins in a multivitamin, as well as the Omega 3....so I'm considering that. I find that my pouch responds well to fresh fruits, canned fruits in Water, wheat crackers and hummus, a slice of toast (against my NUT rules, but I don't do it every day). It's a long learning process!

im using spirutein. I will tell you it has higher sugar and carbs than my nut recommended - however I keep my daily totals in check. The sugars are natural in lieu of substitutes that also make me sick. I've lost 40 lbs and no nausea so I'm continuing to do what's good for me. The issue you run into with vegetarian eating is the capacity of food you have to eat to get the equivalent protein from meat - this is why my daily shake is so important. I do Morningstar farm grillers and edamame a lot. I'm in love and feel great now. I'm not anti meat for any other reason except how it makes me feel. Maybe one day it'll change but for now I'm good this way ❤️