Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I can't believe tomorrow is 6 weeks post-op. On Wednesday I go back to work. I am afraid everybody will be expecting this transformation and I keep thinking... What if I look exactly the same!?!? I am down 22 pounds since surgery, 40 since I started process. But I am down, I am exercising everyday, I have this wonderful opportunity to change my life and for this I am thankful.

They'll at least notice something different about you.

Just wait until you're closer to your weight goal and your co-workers take you aside and ask if you have CANCER, because EVERYONE knows only cancer patients lose that much weight!!! ;-)

That's happened to me SEVERAL times. Oh well . . .

Regardless what they notice or think, the main thing is you, and your health, right?

So I can't believe tomorrow is 6 weeks post-op. On Wednesday I go back to work. I am afraid everybody will be expecting this transformation and I keep thinking... What if I look exactly the same!?!? I am down 22 pounds since surgery, 40 since I started process. But I am down, I am exercising everyday, I have this wonderful opportunity to change my life and for this I am thankful.

I'm sure they'll notice something!! I hope you have a great first day back!!

Can you tell me in general what you're eating daily at this point? Do you have any issues eating?

Hey Honeys!! I am home! My son is acting distant, it was a very long time. After all my complications, today I can say I feel great. I tried on some jeans that haven't fit me since before I gained all the weight after the baby and they were sagging and falling off. I went food shopping and it went pretty good, I also walked 3 miles not including my 2 hours walking in the store. I missed my freedom. I am going to have extra doctors visits weekly but I am so glad to be home, I get to sleep with my baby and nomore annoying roommates lol. I am also getting 16oz of Water down in less than an hour without pain. I figured if I keep stopping myself I will never get my water in. I drink until I feel slightly full and my nut said its okay and won't stretch my pouch because its going through me. So I drink like 5oz every 15-20 mins and 4 to 5 bottles of liquid a day so 64 to 80oz. I am also having 2oz of tuna, chicken, beef, or pork 14G and then I use GENEPRO with this juice (healthy balance made with splenda or diet oceanspray) water mixure for an additional 60G of Protein, I drink that one slower so that it can absorb. I'm sorry I wrote so much I am just happy to be home and to be pain free and alive. Since getting my protein and water plus Vitamin in I barely feel weak, I am going to be cleared for solids in 2 weeks and exercise. I had to wait longer because of the complications. I still feel some regrets, but hopefully it fades completely. Okay ladies and gents, I hope everyone is great I love you all.

I'm sure they'll notice something!! I hope you have a great first day back!!

Can you tell me in general what you're eating daily at this point? Do you have any issues eating?

Thanks amylynns. I am on soft foods. I eat a lot of cottage cheese, tilapia. I did get this chicken which is weight watchers brand.. 31 grams of Protein. I cannot eat all in one sitting, but very good. I ate some steamed broccoli today. I eat eggs. I can eat Pasta, but try not to eat too much. I love Soups and chili. I found these frozen Greek yogurt bars. The chocolate is so yummy. 7 grams of protein. String cheese. lunch meets with cheese. Cooked carrots. Ground hamburger or turkey. The chicken bothered me a little. Not sure if I ate it slow enough. Veggie burgers settle well. I have been eating veggie burger with cottage cheese for lunch. I have been craving chocolate milk but have not had it due to the sugar. I had a Special K bar the other day for a treat, It settled very well. I have only had Water, no other drinks. I like red potatoes to.

Anyone foaming?

I've had three cases of "foamies" after eating chicken or turkey. Sometimes it's okay, sometimes it goes terribly wrong. Most recently tonight. It's a weird sensation where my mouth is filling with saliva and my stomachs feels something stuck uncomfortably. Then it starts this whole burping swallowing burping cycle until I either vomit or get through it. I feel like a cat with a hairball!

Hey Honeys!! I am home! My son is acting distant, it was a very long time. After all my complications, today I can say I feel great. I tried on some jeans that haven't fit me since before I gained all the weight after the baby and they were sagging and falling off. I went food shopping and it went pretty good, I also walked 3 miles not including my 2 hours walking in the store. I missed my freedom. I am going to have extra doctors visits weekly but I am so glad to be home, I get to sleep with my baby and nomore annoying roommates lol. I am also getting 16oz of Water down in less than an hour without pain. I figured if I keep stopping myself I will never get my water in. I drink until I feel slightly full and my nut said its okay and won't stretch my pouch because its going through me. So I drink like 5oz every 15-20 mins and 4 to 5 bottles of liquid a day so 64 to 80oz. I am also having 2oz of tuna, chicken, beef, or pork 14G and then I use GENEPRO with this juice (healthy balance made with splenda or diet oceanspray) water mixure for an additional 60G of Protein, I drink that one slower so that it can absorb. I'm sorry I wrote so much I am just happy to be home and to be pain free and alive. Since getting my protein and water plus Vitamin in I barely feel weak, I am going to be cleared for solids in 2 weeks and exercise. I had to wait longer because of the complications. I still feel some regrets, but hopefully it fades completely. Okay ladies and gents, I hope everyone is great I love you all.

Glad to hear you are home and doing better! Wishing you a speedy recovery. :)

Today sucked in terms of eating. Nothing went down very well. liquids were fine. I just tried this blue agave Syrup in my herbal tea today. It tasted just like regular sugar and it is low on the glycemic index.

Up early !

I am starting to get really annoyed... It has been 3 weeks and my incisions are itching like hell

and they are red...

also, since 5 october I have only lost 3 kgs... which is the normal weight loss amount for anyone

but so soon after surgery shouldn't be more???? or am i paranoid? I am afraid that I am doing something wrong...

Hey Honeys!! I am home! My son is acting distant, it was a very long time. After all my complications, today I can say I feel great. I tried on some jeans that haven't fit me since before I gained all the weight after the baby and they were sagging and falling off. I went food shopping and it went pretty good, I also walked 3 miles not including my 2 hours walking in the store. I missed my freedom. I am going to have extra doctors visits weekly but I am so glad to be home, I get to sleep with my baby and nomore annoying roommates lol. I am also getting 16oz of Water down in less than an hour without pain. I figured if I keep stopping myself I will never get my Water in. I drink until I feel slightly full and my nut said its okay and won't stretch my pouch because its going through me. So I drink like 5oz every 15-20 mins and 4 to 5 bottles of liquid a day so 64 to 80oz. I am also having 2oz of tuna, chicken, beef, or pork 14G and then I use GENEPRO with this juice (healthy balance made with splenda or diet oceanspray) water mixure for an additional 60G of Protein, I drink that one slower so that it can absorb. I'm sorry I wrote so much I am just happy to be home and to be pain free and alive. Since getting my Protein and water plus Vitamin in I barely feel weak, I am going to be cleared for solids in 2 weeks and exercise. I had to wait longer because of the complications. I still feel some regrets, but hopefully it fades completely. Okay ladies and gents, I hope everyone is great I love you all.

@@Bronxmerci Congrats so glad your Home & doing well! All the best take it a step at a time and you & family will be great!

@@walkin'onsunshine

I have lost 29 lbs since I started this process and not a person has mentioned a thing about my weight. Only my 13 year old son said my face looks longer. I guess, I have been invisible for so long it takes a bit to reappear. LOL.

Hope your first day back at work goes well. If your co-workers know about your surgery they may pay more attention and say something. In my case nobody knows so people don't focus. Besides because I keep seeing my friends the change is so gradual they can't see the difference. It was my choice to do this alone.

@@DoraP

I too have been on a stall for 9 days now. I go up and down .01 or .02 everyday. Kind of skipping stones on a lake surface. I find it amazing that I have not lost any weight since day 13 after surgery. I went down one day halfway through the stall but it came right back up the next day. I hardly eat anything and I am following my dietary plan exactly. It's very disappointing.

@@Beni I know the feeling... I wrote an email to my NUT about this I hope she will

find the time to respond because if this keeps up I will go insane....