Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 weeks out: I'm afraid I'm eating too much. (800-900 calories) I can drink about 8oz per hour which is okay, and usually eat 4-6oz before fullness kicks in. But I'm trying to focus on low fat low sugar high Protein stuff.

Some times things stick and make me feel super awful, but the majority of stuff I handle okay. I ate an entire 6" egg white sandwich - took 3 hours but it happened. Now that I'm on solid but soft foods I feel like I'm eating slowly all day long. Its a chore for the most part, but I'm starting to get some cravings back again especially late at night and it's frustrating. Maybe it's PMS but all I want is salt, carbs, and chocolate. Thank god for PB2. I just ate 3 saltines and they were AMAZING.

In truth my eating habits are pretty good and I'm trying to make good choices, but it's rough! The freedom from food for the first five weeks is mostly over, and now my brain sometimes forgets that about the RNY and just wants to snack. Confusing and frustrating!!!

Anyone else 5 weeks out feel the same way? What are you eating? How do you do feel?

Hurray hurray, I am free. 12 days is a personal record. I went. Gosh I must advise anyone post surgery to be very mindful of Constipation. It has been my worst complication and very painful. I will be taking Peri-Colace religiously everyday. As soon as I'm allowed I will take the insoluble Fiber

Oh! Thank goodness! I was really worried! I bet you feel so much better!

@@freelyme, I hope you saw, I'm in New Braunfels. They are going to see if it helps my food stop getting stuck. They think I may have scarred too much wher my pouch drains, so I will be getting the end and possible stretch then on the 29th. In the mean time, I LOVE relegan! It helps to relax my intestine/pouch so I'm not in pain! :) and takes away the nausea!

Yes, it's a great drug! Sorry you've been in pain and been having food getting stuck! That sucks but kudos for being a trooper! Good luck on your upcoming procedure!

My tummy is so loud. I think you could hear it from across the street. I am so happy because I thought I would have to go to the hospital

5 weeks out: I'm afraid I'm eating too much. (800-900 calories) I can drink about 8oz per hour which is okay, and usually eat 4-6oz before fullness kicks in. But I'm trying to focus on low fat low sugar high Protein stuff.

Some times things stick and make me feel super awful, but the majority of stuff I handle okay. I ate an entire 6" egg white sandwich - took 3 hours but it happened. Now that I'm on solid but soft foods I feel like I'm eating slowly all day long. Its a chore for the most part, but I'm starting to get some cravings back again especially late at night and it's frustrating. Maybe it's PMS but all I want is salt, carbs, and chocolate. Thank god for PB2. I just ate 3 saltines and they were AMAZING.

In truth my eating habits are pretty good and I'm trying to make good choices, but it's rough! The freedom from food for the first five weeks is mostly over, and now my brain sometimes forgets that about the RNY and just wants to snack. Confusing and frustrating!!!

Anyone else 5 weeks out feel the same way? What are you eating? How do you do feel?

I believe we are a day apart on surgery. Eating is such a chore! I've had crazy nausea so it makes it even more daunting. I handle fish and salad the best so that's what I stick too. I'm not allowed any carbs (grains, potatoes etc) until 6 months out. I drink a lot of Water easily thank goodness.

I'm very jealous you can handle pb2! I loved Peanut Butter before and now I can't even handle PB2 - it's a sad day lol

I'm not able to get in the Protein consistently and easily as I'd like but that's due to the severe nausea I have when I consume anything. I do know the craving thing though. It's in the head I believe. I think it's getting easier just slowly. Are you working out?

My tummy is so loud. I think you could hear it from across the street. I am so happy because I thought I would have to go to the hospital

Yay! So glad things are MOVING and "talking" in there now!! Whew!! I thought you were going to need to go to the hospital too!

@Superbariactricbabe. In my 5th week had my first occurrence of "want" it's not hunger. I ate 5 crackers with low fat veggie creme cheese by end of the day with my regular 3 meals I was close to 900 calories my highest PostOp ever. After I looked over the day I realized I hadn't gotten in my Protein in for Breakfast & lunch on schedule everything was later in the afternoon after sleeping in & then getting busy. Plus I hadn't exercised walked for 2 days. Sunday I got back into my food routine Protein shake,

Fish & meatballs for lunch & salmon & veggie for dinner with a half of shake mid afternoon. I still had a sweet " want " late in the day but " chose" to have a Questbar apple pie around 9pm. Quest bars are great their 20 grams of protein 5 grams fat 10%calicium. I think not e revising for the last few days may also be contributing to the "wants". It's gotten cold here impacting my outside walking. This week my goal is to add indoor exercising that will keep me active during the long winter. Never been good with gyms I come up with too many excuses to not go. I have my month 1 Followup with the Surgeon this Friday so I want to make sure I stay on track. I think exercising & watching my food choices are key to my long-term success. Good luck!

Thanks for the good advice ladies! I think you are right about it being in my head- and it's definitely easier to stay focused on days when I hit the gym. :)

My first day back to work today. Its a short shift but I am so nervous. I have not seen my co workers since surgery. Worried about how my scrubs are going to fit & the stares I am going to get. Why am I having all these worries?

loud tummies are totally acceptable as long as you're feeling better.

My first day back to work today. Its a short shift but I am so nervous. I have not seen my co workers since surgery. Worried about how my scrubs are going to fit & the stares I am going to get. Why am I having all these worries?

because it's natural.

@@LisaCO it is normal but you can handle the stares. post-205891-14162429090146_thumb.jpg

Totally normal! :-) Did your co-workers know what you were having done?

I don't know how I'll feel in 6 months but right now all I have is regret. I sought out and consented to let someone mutilate me. I was ready for change but I wasn't ready for this.

On the plus side my diabetes is gone.

I'm still trying to be better. But days like this will come and they will go.

Sorry I feel like a Debbie downer.

I pulled out a different pair of black dress pants for work today because my "big" ones (size 20) I've been still wearing were like bagging down to the knees. But I didn't expect my other ones to fit, they're a 16. Well, they sure did fit! Yay!!

The button area is rubbing a bit on my incision, but not too bad.

Guess I just cannot drink coffee anymore. I've tried a few different times now. But nope, I get a few sips in and I'm sick to my stomach for the next 4 hours. UGH.