Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, those of you that are on or have already been on the puréed stage, do you have any yummy puréed suggestions? My nutritionist said everything has to be puréed except for 3 things. Scrambled eggs with a little low fat cheese, cottage cheese, and a little Peanut Butter on a spoon. I start this stage on Friday and I am so excited for some more variety! Did anyone use the pre-made baby food like Gerber?

@@kimodell69 great question... I want to know too!

@@kimodell69 great question... I want to know too!

I have just started a forum on this specific subject!

Jeez- sorry to be Debbie Downer. Whaa-whahhh. (SNL for those that don't know of her.)

@@tacycakes I think we are all going to have "Debbie Downer"days and weeks, isn't that why we all sought out this forum? For friendly support? (((Hugs)))????

@@amylynns omg girl, I am so ready too lol...Although I feel like it's gonna be awkward, he's afraid to even snuggle with me, he thinks he'll break me or something lol. Your hubby hopefully come around soon and hopefully apologize for the mean things he said :( I agree with TinaC, they really don't get it sometimes! In the meantime tho, you have all of us to cheer you up! :) I love this group, nobody understands us more than each other.

As for my belly...I definitely feel better today, thank you :) The enema helped, but I think my belly was just still all confused lol. The nap helped immensely too. I finally went on my own this morning, what a world of relief! I am staying away from the Protein powders for a little bit tho, I'm too afraid of them. I'm trying to think of different ways to get in at least 60g a day...I think maybe some smoothies made with Greek yogurt and spinach will help some because I seem to tolerate yogurt pretty well...anyone have any other suggestions?

The next time he asks what the scale says, say "it says I'm beautiful, and that I'm doing awesome" and walk away :)

❤️

This is not a great picture, but taken today in my baggy 16's. attachicon.gif 1415599743100.jpg

❤️

Way to go!!

????

I am two weeks past surgery and I have not lost any weight in 3 days. In fact, this morning I had gained 0.6 of a pound. I only eat 2 tablespoons of food 3 times per day and 4oz of Protein shakes also 3 times per day. I am moderately active. How is it even possible that my weight loss has come to a halt. I know, I always knew this surgery may not work for me. I will be the only person in WLS history who fails to lose weight. My worst fear is upon me. What do I do?

@beni. You'll do better once you get more Protein & Water in. Everybody's different you'll probably have a Big loss soon! I still think I'm low but @ 5 weeks out I get in 28oz of Protein Shakes in plus 3 meals about 1/2 cup of food & 32 to 48oz of Water in. I have what I think is a low weight loss 4 LBs a week but it's a steady loss. I also try & walk every day. Come on your going to be fine!

So, those of you that are on or have already been on the puréed stage, do you have any yummy puréed suggestions? My nutritionist said everything has to be puréed except for 3 things. Scrambled eggs with a little low fat cheese, cottage cheese, and a little Peanut Butter on a spoon. I start this stage on Friday and I am so excited for some more variety! Did anyone use the pre-made baby food like Gerber?

@kimodell69. I'm officially leaving purée stage today but in reality taking it real easy still have problems getting any fish down. My favorite meal was egg salad. Boil an egg then add it to a couple of spoonfuls of low fat veggie cream cheese & low fat mayo.

Great Protein meal!

@kimodell69. I'm officially leaving purée stage today but in reality taking it real easy still have problems getting any fish down. My favorite meal was egg salad. Boil an egg then add it to a couple of spoonfuls of low fat veggie cream cheese & low fat mayo.

Great Protein meal!

Yum! I never thought of putting cream cheese in egg salad! :)

I have been in purée for almost 4 weeks now and I must say that my favorite is pureed chicken breast with mayo to make it kind of like chicken salad. I did tuna the same way, but didn't have to put it through the food processor. I added eggs and a little mustard to both and they were really good.

I am bummed, miscalculated my weeks, thought I only had one more week of pureed, but I have two. :(

I am two weeks past surgery and I have not lost any weight in 3 days. In fact, this morning I had gained 0.6 of a pound. I only eat 2 tablespoons of food 3 times per day and 4oz of Protein Shakes also 3 times per day. I am moderately active. How is it even possible that my weight loss has come to a halt. I know, I always knew this surgery may not work for me. I will be the only person in WLS history who fails to lose weight. My worst fear is upon me. What do I do?

That is the stall. I started mine as soon as I started pureed foods. It lasted for 12 days then I dropped 4 lbs and am now the same for the past 4-5 days but my good old aunt is here so that could be why I'm still the same weight.

Went to see the APN today and have my paperwork filled out. Because it seems I shall be off of work another 4 weeks. Which would be find if I could get my pension papers filled out for temp disability. She said have you been back to work. I said "look at me would you want me working on your loved one in a trauma operating room at this point". She was like no. I'll have these papers for you today.

I did get put on regular food. But still can't drink unless it ice. Made a fruit smoothie got down about 20 ounces in a sitting so it's getting better. She sent me back to the dietician because my diet sucks. Lol. Yea I made a cake. Go fig...

Edited by layknee

@@amylynns - I totally understand, I'm soooo sick of eggs, so sick of pureed everything lol. I found that Greek yogurt has more Protein than regular, so I got a few of those last night...but today I'm stuck again. I found a recipe on pinterest for a cauliflower crust pizza...it looks so good, so I'm going to try that soon. Maybe mix some of the Unjury unflavored powder in it. *sigh* I have another appt a couple days before thanksgiving, I'm hoping they tell me I can have a little but of stuffing lol. I really want bread. Even just toast would be fine with me...I'd even be happy to eat a can of chicken noodle Soup without straining it. I'm a carb lover I guess lol :-/

@@amylynns - I totally understand, I'm soooo sick of eggs, so sick of pureed everything lol. I found that Greek yogurt has more Protein than regular, so I got a few of those last night...but today I'm stuck again. I found a recipe on pinterest for a cauliflower crust pizza...it looks so good, so I'm going to try that soon. Maybe mix some of the unjury unflavored powder in it. *sigh* I have another appt a couple days before thanksgiving, I'm hoping they tell me I can have a little but of stuffing lol. I really want bread. Even just toast would be fine with me...I'd even be happy to eat a can of chicken noodle Soup without straining it. I'm a carb lover I guess lol :-/

It dawned on me at about 2AM this morning that I forgot to buy more eggs last night. So I started to panic, "What am I going to make for Breakfast?" Normally I'd just go to Subway and get a Breakfast sandwich, LOL..but that's not happening now!

So I had 1 yogurt left, threw that in my little Ninja with about 4oz of OJ and a few frozen strawberries and my GENEPRO unflavored Protein. It took me a good 45 mins to get it down, but it really was yummy! My belly didn't like the cold so much at first. But I'd hold it in my mouth a few seconds and then swallow, LOL!

For lunch, I'm having pureed chicken breast that I make last night. (added a little mayo and a spoon of veggie cream cheese--yum!!) and some pureed cauliflower and mashed taters. Barely getting the taters and cauliflower down though. I'm stuffed!

I've heard about that cauliflower Pizza Crust, I've always wanted to try it too!

I totally agree--some toast would be amazing. My 21yr old daughter and I were chatting on the phone today talking about Thanksgiving plans and I can't stop thinking of stuffing!! :angry: