Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had the same thing happen at work a couple days ago.I went to the ER because I hurt so bad. Dr thought I had stretched the incision sight. Feeling fine now.

Hey guys,

So I'm 1 month out and I get a burning type pain from my belly button to the upper right side of my incision. I feel it when I get up out of my chair at work or when I bend to far.anyone else feeling this? Oh I posted about pain a few days ago but gas x/ and heating pad fixed me right up. This won't go away

Yes! I am 2 weeks out today and have been getting this burning pulling feeling since Sunday every time I stand up or walk. I have 7 incisions one of which is 6 to 8 inches long. The big one is where I feel this pain. I have been putting a heating pad on it a couple times a day. I'm not sure it is helping, but it makes me feel better!

Edited by BubblyTXGirl

Hi, it's been a while.

The last few days I feel like my nerves are made out of

strings... One bad sentence and I start to cry... I don't know maybe because

I used to eat or smoke or have a coffee instead of crying, and now I don't.

Does this happen to anybody else?

It's ok! You've lost your two main coping mechanisms for stress, and there's going to be a time where you just can't handle stress well. I've been trying really hard to focus on what I'm feeling at times of stress and give myself permission for a little mini freak out. It's going to take time for us to learn how to deal with stuff without food or smokes, but trust the process - it will happen. :)

@@BubblyTXGirl I could also use some tips on this....

Now I am just relying on instincts and I eat really slow in order to fill

when I am just okay. at first I have to force my self to take down the spoon

and not eat but when I am ok I usually forget that I am eating... but sometimes

I feel like after a christmas eve dinner as well... so I suppose it takes practice

I only drink 4 oz of pre-mixed Protein Shake 3 times per day. That's 1/2 cup each time. A tiny amount, I don't think I am having too much Protein. But I will try to drink a bit more. I just don't get how could I be gaining weight. Desperate!

I am two weeks past surgery and I have not lost any weight in 3 days. In fact, this morning I had gained 0.6 of a pound. I only eat 2 tablespoons of food 3 times per day and 4oz of Protein Shakes also 3 times per day. I am moderately active. How is it even possible that my weight loss has come to a halt. I know, I always knew this surgery may not work for me. I will be the only person in WLS history who fails to lose weight. My worst fear is upon me. What do I do?

Stalls are totally normal so please don't panic. As long as you are getting your 60/64 then there's nothing else you can do. Your body has undergone some serious trauma and your metabolism can respond in different ways. The stall will end before you know it, and you'll be fine soon ????

Beni, I agree with DoraP, I would cut the Protein Shakes. Work on small frequent meals. And tons of water! That will flush the ketones your body is making. You could possibly not be flushing them with that many meals. My doc said, the most important thing the first 4-6 weeks is hydration not Protein, you could re stretch your pouch too soon. This surgery will work for you???? it's hard to keep optimistic when the scale doesn't budge. You can do this! ????

Strange how different the docs and nutritionists are. Mine stress both the liquids and the protein. They say the protein helps the healing process. So, I am drinking 3 Premier Protein drinks a day. They are 11 oz. each and it can take me a good hour to finish one. The other 3 'meals' are 3-4 oz. of something like low fat strained cream Soups, cream of wheat, baby oatmeal, low fat Greek yogurt, diluted V-8. I am still on the full liquid stage though.

Edited by kimodell69

Oh goodness, I've never had that feeling before. Nausea, yes. But usually if I've eaten too much or too fast.

I always weigh naked too! I've lost 30 as well, but I had two weeks liquid diet before surgery. That's awesome you got approved and scheduled for surgery so quickly!

I hope you can get through the nausea soon so you can eat something!

I have been trying to get surgery done for almost 3 years, my last doctor (different state) "LOST MY PAPERWORK!!!" So I had worked my Buns off for two years for nothing!! They couldn't take any of my evals, labs nothing!! I was so very frustrated! Then I was set up with my current doc, but he was changing practices... I found out because another patient had told our "Optum health advisor" through my insurance. I literally had one week to find out whether or not I was having to switch doctors. My insurance expedited the case and was wonderful. They even told me which hospital to use, so that my hospital stay would be free. They told me also, to expect 3-5 days in the hospital, and I was there , no joke exactly 23 hours from start to finish. I was however, used to abdominal surgery... Two c sections, and a laparoscopic hysterectomy at 29, made me feel like "this is old hat" I went home took pain meds and enjoyed my own bed without being poked and prodded once an hour????

Strange how different the docs and nutritionists are. Mine stress both the liquids and the Protein. They say the protein helps the healing process. So, I am drinking 3 Premier Protein drinks a day. They are 11 oz. each and it can take me a good hour to finish one. The other 3 'meals' are 3-4 oz. of something like low fat strained cream Soups, cream of wheat, baby oatmeal, low fat Greek yogurt, diluted V-8. I am still on the full liquid stage though.

Kimodell69, crazy isn't it? You would think they would have a "standard" treatment, but just like everything else nothing is "standard" lol ????????

Kimodell69, crazy isn't it? You would think they would have a "standard" treatment, but just like everything else nothing is "standard" lol ????????

Exactly!

It's ok! You've lost your two main coping mechanisms for stress, and there's going to be a time where you just can't handle stress well. I've been trying really hard to focus on what I'm feeling at times of stress and give myself permission for a little mini freak out. It's going to take time for us to learn how to deal with stuff without food or smokes, but trust the process - it will happen. :)

I am struggling with loosing one of my coping mechanisms... My husband used to take me to dinner all the time. And when I was having a really bad day a Sonic run for a Route 44 diet Coke with cherry and lime or cherry and vanilla. Some days it was two. I cannot imagine how hard not smoking and no coffee is. I'm super emotional right now too. (((Hugs)))

So, those of you that are on or have already been on the puréed stage, do you have any yummy puréed suggestions? My nutritionist said everything has to be puréed except for 3 things. Scrambled eggs with a little low fat cheese, cottage cheese, and a little Peanut Butter on a spoon. I start this stage on Friday and I am so excited for some more variety! Did anyone use the pre-made baby food like Gerber?

@@BubblyTXGirl I could also use some tips on this....

Now I am just relying on instincts and I eat really slow in order to fill

when I am just okay. at first I have to force my self to take down the spoon

and not eat but when I am ok I usually forget that I am eating... but sometimes

I feel like after a christmas eve dinner as well... so I suppose it takes practice

@@DoraP thank you for making me feel "normal" ????

I will have to try both of these ideas. I just feel like I'm holding my belly a lot,especially at work. A little support there would help a lot. Thanks gals!

@@AmyLynn I wear Spanx, I get them at kohls or lane Bryant. They are expensive, but they hold in my lower belly too so I don't feel so self conscious.