Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 days in a row at work people have asked me if Ive lost weight. It's already starting and Im only down 27 lbs from my highest weight. I'm guessing I should get ready to hear it all once I start losing significant amounts in the coming months.

I was just on Face book and some people were talking about exercise routines, one girl was super exited that she lost 10 lbs in a month. And here I was super depressed about the 27 lbs I've lost this month. I guess I'm just too eager for the smaller sizes and feeling beautiful.

Edited by AuriP

amylynn What oil are you using? I'm curious, because I have one spot that is really tough

I use Young Livings, Lemongrass for it. I hate the smell of it, but it sure seems to be helping.

2 days in a row at work people have asked me if Ive lost weight. It's already starting and Im only down 27 lbs from my highest weight. I'm guessing I should get ready to hear it all once I start losing significant amounts in the coming months.

I was just on Face book and some people were talking about exercise routines, one girl was super exited that she lost 10 lbs in a month. And here I was super depressed about the 27 lbs I've lost this month. I guess I'm just too eager for the smaller sizes and feeling beautiful.

Girl! You're doing amazing!! 27 pounds in a month is amazing! I think back to how I've struggled and struggled for the last 3 years to lose anything, only to have the scale keep creeping up. I am ecstatic about my 30 pounds. I know it'll slow down some now that I'm eating more solid foods, but I would have previously been happy for30 pounds in a year. So I'll take this! :D

Girl! You're doing amazing!! 27 pounds in a month is amazing! I think back to how I've struggled and struggled for the last 3 years to lose anything, only to have the scale keep creeping up. I am ecstatic about my 30 pounds. I know it'll slow down some now that I'm eating more solid foods, but I would have previously been happy for30 pounds in a year. So I'll take this! :D

We started off at the same weight. I'm happy but I'm counting from my highest weight. I only lost 8 lbs right before surgery and I'm sure the last 3 were Water weight I lost due to the bowel prep. So I figure if I count the 8 lbs into my total loss this month it put me at 27 lbs gone, forever! Now on to the other 93 lbs.

I had surgery Oct 15. I keep trying to add foods other than liquids. I was doing so well and feel like I am having a huge set back. I wish i was "eating" so I could say the reason I feel cruddy is because of eating... Any of you other recent RNY Struggling with getting off Clear Liquids? I think I'm lactose intolerant. I dump every time I eat any kind of dairy.

I was super excited to start this... My hernia is gone, my reflux is gone... Now I want to feel human :)

What kind of foods are you trying? It's normal to be lactose intolerant. But they say wait a few weeks and try again and it might be fine. My Dr. told me to treat my new stomach like a newborns tummy. Eat really mild. Did you have to do the pureed stage? That's what I'm on.

I did grill some tilapia tonight. OMG, it was SO good!! I just chewed, chewed, chewed and it went down just fine! I also had pureed cauliflower and taters. Mmmm.

I'm Oct 23rd!!! Been is a stall for a couple days. (Someone referred to it as the dreaded 3 week stall) Dr wants to start me on Actigal because I had such a large loss already. Says it's to protect my Gall bladder. It's $400 a month though!!!!! Ugh punishment for losing weight too fast? Lol can't wait to see everyone's progress!!

We started off at the same weight. I'm happy but I'm counting from my highest weight. I only lost 8 lbs right before surgery and I'm sure the last 3 were Water weight I lost due to the bowel prep. So I figure if I count the 8 lbs into my total loss this month it put me at 27 lbs gone, forever! Now on to the other 93 lbs.

Oh, we did start out the same! I lost 15 with my 2 week pre-op diet, so the other 15 since surgery. Last 3 days I've stayed the same. I need to start really working out! But I just physically can't do much yet. I can't wait until we're totally pain free!!

I'm Oct 23rd!!! Been is a stall for a couple days. (Someone referred to it as the dreaded 3 week stall) Dr wants to start me on Actigal because I had such a large loss already. Says it's to protect my Gall bladder. It's $400 a month though!!!!! Ugh punishment for losing weight too fast? Lol can't wait to see everyone's progress!!

Ouch! That's expensive! When I had the lapband back in 2008, my gall bladder was removed in 2009. Some surgeons just remove the gall bladder during their RNY surgery in anticipation of it going bad.

How long would you have to be on this med?

Yes a lot of times it's just removed. But mine was healthy so he opted to leave it in. I only have to be on it during extreme weightloss. He seems to think I will lose the bulk of my weight the 1st 4-6 months. I can discontinue when my weight loss evens out.

not so great I guess. Thank goodness my two week checkup is tomorrow. I think I must have a kink or small blockage or something. Ever since surgery in order to go to the restroom, I have to take a laxative and most times it still doesn't work. I have tried so many things, and even reverted back to a liquid diet, but the Water makes my lower stomach hurt in the middle. I can feel the water actually travel down the pipe. (Sorry guys) but my urine is now a fluorescent yellow, I only go about 2-3 times a day like a trickle, and my skin is dry like paper. I must be dehydrated. I had surgery on 10-28 and weighed 220 then and 210 now. 10 lbs in 2 weeks sucks. Everyone else is doing so much better. I try to drink, but it gets stuck and painful. Like I said, I'll be glad to see the surgeon tomorrow. Also, my damned lower stomach is flopping over my underpants. That has never happened before, and I'm wondering if a cut stomach muscle is responsible? It suuuuuckkkss.

I haven't read the comments after this, but you ARE dehydrated and I know you are going to the doctor tomorrow, but next time NO waiting for an appointment if you are experiencing those symptoms, Please!

I haven't read the comments after this, but you ARE dehydrated and I know you are going to the doctor tomorrow, but next time NO waiting for an appointment if you are experiencing those symptoms, Please!

ok mom!!! :)

I can't walk 3 miles either..... I really want to! Sunday I probably walked a good 2 miles though. But I wasn't able to at all yesterday. Hopefully tonight I can go to the wellness center where I work out. It's FREEZING outside!

I tried a belly binder thing, but it irritated that one incision. I should try it again though. Maybe now that I've "popped" it'll be better. :P

I wear a binder and have to wear it till the end of December. What I do is, I put it on over a camisole kind of thing under a regular shirt. At home, I have big comfy tee shirt type nightgowns. I wear the binder over them too. No incision irritation! Hope this helps!