Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't worry about it, your son won't remember and you can make it up to him @@Bronxmerci

Hell yeah @@layknee ugh pain sucks. So I got the info now from my surgeon. Its not directly on my surgery, its a bloodclot on my main artery that goes to my liver, he said this is very rare and that I may have a genetic trait for bloodclots and stuff in the hematology lingo. I am going to be here for 4-5 days getting my blood monitored and getting those painful shots we got to soften our blood in the beginning of post op. They are going to have hematology visit me to see which tests they should do to find out why I got this. After I get discharged I'm going to have to take a blood softener for 6 months and they will control my pain via pain meds, which I don't want because they constipate me, but I don't want to ever feel that pain again. The doctor said that this bloodclot is the reason for my pain, my not being able to pass gas, or go number 2, and why I'm not hungry or thirsty. My lips are about to fall off so they are gonna start the ivs soon. Thanks for the well wishes guys ( @@freelyme )I am now on another vacation! Lol. Layknee how are you now? Are you able to get stuff down? Its crazy we're both having issues I wonder if our surgery day was a bad day for surgery. I was having a moment earlier of wishing I never did this surgery, but after the pain went away I'm still happy with my decision.

At least you will be in the hospital were they can take care f you. Blood clots are serious business. Each of us has a coagulating factor and some of us are more efficient at it. Nobody knows until you go through something like this. Just out of curiosity when you had your surgery do you remember who many shots of blood thinner did you get? Was it one before surgery and one each day you were in the hospital?

@@Beni from my memory they gave me the shot 2-3 times a day for 3 days after surgery. I think it was 3 but since I was loopy ima say 2-3. That's why the doctor thinks its a genetic thing. My mom gets a lot of bloodclots and she's always bruising so they may be on to something.

Makes sense. It's a condition. Now you know surgery for you is riskier but if they know its just a matter of placing you on blood thinners for a while. You will be fine, a little scare just to keep you on your toes

@@Bronxmerci you are where you need to be right now, good job standing up for yourself. Hope you are better soon and back home.

@@Beni yeah, and I still have the marks and those shots hurt like hell.

Thanks @smiley22 <3

Nothing to do directly with my surgery and subsequent issues I've been having. But it's compounded my problems. I purposefully have been foregoing pain medication so that I could drive. Yesterday while the kids and I were returning from my dad's house we were rear ended by a Drunk driver. We were sitting at a stoplight and he slammed into the back of us. He tried to flee the scene.

I've never been so bold in my life, but something within me said he's not gonna get away with it. I chased him around the block and he pulled within a parking lot and I trapped him by staying at the entrance while I was on the phone with the dispatcher. He proceeded to throw all these empty beer cans out of his passenger side door. I guess I was running on pure adrenaline. My son taped the whole thing. When the officers got there, they kept trying to put me in an ambulance. I was looking that bad I guess.

But it's the next day.

The kids are fine but I kept them home. I'm the one that wakes up with left neck and back pain. The continued issues from my surgery only now I'm nauseated from trying to drink my Protein shake. Almost threw up. Finally got it down and took my liquid pain meds so my stomach would be stable enough to take my meds. To add insult to injury, I have cramps now.

I'm not complaining just glad to be alive. I'm might have to go back in for dehydration but I will do what I have to.

I think you should lay low for a while. The world outside is too scary right now. Imagine that. A drunk driver tear ending you, OMG

@@layknee So Thankful that the children are doing ok. I really hope you consider going back to the hospital. That impact and all of the adrenaline may take a toll in you. Your body has experienced a lot of trauma lately. Maybe if you contact the surgeon's office about the issues you're having now he can actually get you in a room and get you some fluids for a while and give you a thorough look over. Hope everything starts working out soon. I TOTALLY understand your need to still be able to take care of your children and recuperate. Kudos to you, but slow down a little if you can!!

@@layknee omg I'm sorry all of that has happened. Ugh I got so mad reading that, I hate stupid jerks who do such dumb things and with your kids involved ugh plus you're freshly post op. I hope you feel better I can only imagine how stressed you are. I hope that stupid jerk gets time where he belongs with animals. I'm glad you and your kids are okay. Take care twinie!

Hell yeah @@layknee ugh pain sucks. So I got the info now from my surgeon. Its not directly on my surgery, its a bloodclot on my main artery that goes to my liver, he said this is very rare and that I may have a genetic trait for bloodclots and stuff in the hematology lingo. I am going to be here for 4-5 days getting my blood monitored and getting those painful shots we got to soften our blood in the beginning of post op. They are going to have hematology visit me to see which tests they should do to find out why I got this. After I get discharged I'm going to have to take a blood softener for 6 months and they will control my pain via pain meds, which I don't want because they constipate me, but I don't want to ever feel that pain again. The doctor said that this bloodclot is the reason for my pain, my not being able to pass gas, or go number 2, and why I'm not hungry or thirsty. My lips are about to fall off so they are gonna start the ivs soon. Thanks for the well wishes guys ( @@freelyme )I am now on another vacation! Lol. Layknee how are you now? Are you able to get stuff down? Its crazy we're both having issues I wonder if our surgery day was a bad day for surgery. I was having a moment earlier of wishing I never did this surgery, but after the pain went away I'm still happy with my decision.

@Bronxmerci. Thank God you made it to the hospital in time and that you refused to let them discharge you! Ow that your Surgeon has diagnose the blood clot you are where you need to be to make sure you get monitored and get blood thinners.

When you do get discharged you'll still need to take it easy and pace yourself. So glad you took Action and listen to your instinct to go get help. Now let them take care of you! Best.

Thanks @@Jyoyonomore I feel pretty awesome. They brought me hospital solid food, and I must be starving because I had a few bites of chicken, I pureed it in my mouth lol. The morphine is still kicking so no pain. I'm really sleepy but can't sleep. I broke night. I'm just mad I didn't bring extra clothes and although my mom has a spare key to my apartment, I hate when people go through my things and touch my things lol.