Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was feeling kind of down because I had a week where I didn't lose any weight. A very wise bander suggested enjoying a Non-Scale Victory -- I thought, nothing feels as good as seeing the numbers go down on the scale. Omg was I ever wrong!! Just for the heck of it, I tried on a pair of jeans that I could not even wiggle past my hips prior to my surgery on September 5. Lo & behold... they slid on easily!! I immediately dissolved into tears because it was a precious moment for me. And, then, I got it -- I had a NSV!! I won't call it my first because, quite frankly, I've had many that I've failed to acknowledge - all equally important to my journey but overshadowed by my obsession with the numbers on the scale. I'm not getting on the scale every day anymore, I'm curbing that -- slowly. It's more like every other day (I know, I know... not much better but I said slowly...). I don't use the numbers as validation anymore because I know the weight will come off. Why? Because I'm doing everything right -- I'm not cheating & I'm committed to a healthier me! I deserve this & I'm not going to stop. And, once I found some peace -- I lost 2.5 pounds. Who knew? Lol! Anyway, thank you for all the words of encouragement, sharing your stories & the sound advise. This journey forces you to get to know yourself in ways that are unfamiliar & sometimes scary, but there's so much joy when you just trust the process & believe in yourself!! Thank you for listening!!

Edited by ChelleChi1969

You're a perfect example of both of these short videos. Sweet isn't it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBJziqgrQgk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozt-V0PPJaw

Well, you're just amazing wrapped up in awesomeness now, are'nt you ! Congrats on your NSV ! It feels really good when those old too tight clothes start fitting , does' nt it ?? I remember cleaning out my closet of too big clothes, bags and bags of them ! Now, THAT was fun ! !! You' ll be doing that too, soon enough !! Congratulations, keep up the goid work !!

@@ChelleChi1969 what a great post! It's so true, isn't it -- the joy of dropping those sizes "outweighs" anything that scale can tell us. Thanks for the videos, @2muchfun....I am really working on building muscle now. Onward!

Thanks for all the kind words of encouragement! It's incredibly easy to forget how far you've come when you have so far to go. I just keep reminding myself to enjoy my journey & be thankful! One day & one pound at a time! As @@Bandista said -- Onward!

Congrats on your NSV.... I had to put my scale away for fear of weighing myself daily or hourly. :unsure: :unsure: Now I just weigh myself on Wednesdays....

Congrats..im hoping my journey will be as successful as yours.. i jumped on the scaled straight away when i got home..gained a kilo..pretty upset..im not sure why i gained weight..but ill check it again a weeks time