Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of your oats are so helpful! I just started my 14 day diet today. 13 more til surgery it's so gonna be worth it and all of your posts are so helpful and calm me when I am struggling. Hugs!!!

My boyfriend is a gift, and is very supportive of me. I told him that if I get mean or hayeful, he should send me back to my daughters!

Every doctor is different. I personally would try small bites of things and see how you handle them. Stay away from meat and bread right now. That will just hurt. I had mine 3 months ago. And was eating solid a week after. My husband had his a month ago, and he was eating solids a week after. And were told to take small bites and see how we feel. He tolerated a lot more than I could rather quickly. He was eating brisket at 2 weeks out. I couldn't do that. I still stay away from meat and bread. It is filling too quick and it's too heavy in my stomach.

Stay calm.... It is not that you can't eat it after the sleeve, it is you shouldn't eat it - fatty foods, high sugars, no nutrition. The only thing I "Can't" have is Carbonated soda. Honestly I don't miss it. You will find if you get your Protein in, there is no room for the rest so you just don't want it. My doctor explained it, you will no longer be eating, you will be tasting. It is true. My taste buds have changed since surgery. The thought of something greasy is out of the question. Sweets no longer elicit the supreme joy I use to have with them. The only challenging relationship with food is "salt" for some reason I salt everything. I never owned a salt shaker until this surgery... Very strange.

I also have to salt everything. Lol I never used to do that! I don't crave sweets either. And grease I can't even think about it.

Aww. I had a melt down too. So I had my husband take me out for all you can eat Soup and bread sticks at Olive Garden. Granted I ate the broth and he had the bread sticks and the chicly parts of the soup. It was fun and kinda romantic. Good luck. And be kind to yourself. Solids are just a few weeks away. :) AllofMe.

what is "chicly parts of the soup"?

"Chunky parts" lol! The auto correct on my new phone sometimes gets me. ????AllofMe.

Thanks all, so helpful with all your experiences & encouragements...It's amazing what a few days will do, No more meltdowns I'm happy to report...

It's amazing the transformation that is happening between my ears...Yes I'm also melting away but for me the changes I am noticing are in my way of thinking, smelling, tasting and even seeing has absolutely blown me away...

The changes that happen with this surgery is not all physical and I am so very excited about that part...I think that is what I was chasing after with all the other diets I have ever tried...the stuff between your ears is pretty powerful and we often forget to start changes in there...

I am happy to say that the overwhelming hungry feeling has left my thoughts and I have to remember to fuel the machine...that has never happened to me before...for those of you who might think...just wait its coming you will be starving ...

See I own a cafe that specializes in baking and chocolates along with a savoury kitchen with fresh bread, bacon etc...so I am pretty sure that my overwhelming hunger feeling has just about left the building...I am learning to enjoy the smells as you can imagine, bacon, fresh breads, baking and chocolates are no longer pulling at me...WHOO HOO!!!

It's so good to read this, I am one month post op.

My Dr has let me start some of the basic foods still nothing to flash.

I will use this as an example that really got me down.

We went to the beach with the family ordered fish and chips.

I was so stoked to be out like a normal person and eating.

So I have my price of grilled fish with me, I can only eat 2 tablespoons and I am full and feel like I just ate a whale.

It's soooooooo hard to not feel happy because I would normally eat that whole fish plus whatever else.

It's such a hard concept to except that is enough, I don't ever over eat as it makes me feel so full from just that but it's the mental thing of not being able to eat everything I can to be mentally satisfied.

Never regret this surgery it has made me realise just how much I used food to be happy..

And so my journey begins about me!

I am 6 days post op and doing well. I am kind of hungry basically just getting in my Protein and fluids. On Tuesday I can start full liquids any suggestions? My husband made some taco Soup last night so I was thinking I could run some through the food processors and thin it out with chicken broth and strain it. Any other ideas?

I am 6 days post op and doing well. I am kind of hungry basically just getting in my Protein and fluids. On Tuesday I can start full liquids any suggestions? My husband made some taco Soup last night so I was thinking I could run some through the food processors and thin it out with chicken broth and strain it. Any other ideas?

How are you doing now?☺️ I like blended soup.

I am doing pretty good, I am still confused or worried about what I am eating. My dr said I can have malt I meal so I got some and thinned it with milk but it still have little lumps in it. Can I have it or not? The instructions for Soups say no lumps or bumps??? I am so confused.

I am doing pretty good, I am still confused or worried about what I am eating. My dr said I can have malt I meal so I got some and thinned it with milk but it still have little lumps in it. Can I have it or not? The instructions for Soups say no lumps or bumps??? I am so confused.

Yes. Malt-o-meal is good. Blend it to take out lumps. Any Soup you love ran through the blender to take out lumps. Mashed potatoes thinned with milk and small curd cottage cheese was my favorite. Hot and cold of it , works for me. Remember, you'll only be able to eat 1/4 cup of anything and eat slowly. Good eating. ????????

Edited by AllofMe

My mother had her sleeve in May 2014 and I made her several things with the food chopper I could chop almost anything into Soup consistency and stayed focused on healthy eating. Just don't over do it. I like to have a visual. My dr said my stomach would be about 6oz in the end. When I had the leak check the day after surgery I watched so I could see the size of my stomach to keep myself focused. Knowing this it's hard for me to have more than 2oz an hour without feeling full. So I find myself sipping all day. Go for the best nutritional option and blend until smooth as silk :) drink up! Yum yum yummy. Added Protein will help with the humger