Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I too am panicking about losing my favorite foods this post helped a lot

I fall in the lucky bunch, I haven't had any break down over food. I was sleeved July so I am basically eating what I want (I only eat low fat). I made brownies for my boyfriend the other day and after giving his on a napkin, ate the crumbs off the fork. I thought he was going to pass out. He said, I thought sweets would make you sick? Long story short, the crumbs were not what I thought they would be (they were not nirvana). I have yet to regain the hunger for sweets, the salty has come back but I am snacking dry roasted edamame (14 gr protein) in 1/4 cup. Yes that fills me up.

food addicts unite...i have just begun the 6 month process and i am already freaking out about the food...i eat something now and think "i can't have this after surgery"...i shared this with my husband who said "well stop eating it now then"...lol, he is so funny :blink: if i could do that, duh! i have begun cutting out things and will continue to do so that way maybe it won't be as hard when i HAVE to do it...but it sounds like i may not have a choice in the matter!

food addicts unite...i have just begun the 6 month process and i am already freaking out about the food...i eat something now and think "i can't have this after surgery"...i shared this with my husband who said "well stop eating it now then"...lol, he is so funny :blink: if i could do that, duh! i have begun cutting out things and will continue to do so that way maybe it won't be as hard when i HAVE to do it...but it sounds like i may not have a choice in the matter!

Stay calm.... It is not that you can't eat it after the sleeve, it is you shouldn't eat it - fatty foods, high sugars, no nutrition. The only thing I "Can't" have is Carbonated soda. Honestly I don't miss it. You will find if you get your Protein in, there is no room for the rest so you just don't want it. My doctor explained it, you will no longer be eating, you will be tasting. It is true. My taste buds have changed since surgery. The thought of something greasy is out of the question. Sweets no longer elicit the supreme joy I use to have with them. The only challenging relationship with food is "salt" for some reason I salt everything. I never owned a salt shaker until this surgery... Very strange.

the tasting thing makes sense thanks for that

I haven't had any food break -downs, Per se. I do cry a couple of times a day though. It feels like hormones to me...I hope it passes soon because I burst into tears suddenly. Then it's over and I move on. I read that it's the hormone release from the quick weight loss. Thoughts?

I've been sad, frustrated and starving since being sleeved on 09/25/14. I also feel that the fun part of my life is over. I never feel my best, always weak and just overall not happy. I continue to obsess about food (or lack there of) and feel that I made a mistake. I'm in constant prayer hoping things will get better.

No mistakes! You will be happy soon. Our bodies need time to heal physically, hormonally and mentally. Give it time. Be kind to yourselves.

I feel it's important to continue to go out with friends and family, concentrating on joy of relating to others more than the food. Last night I went out for birthday dinner for a girl friend. Ordered mashed potatoes and cottage cheese for $7 but it was fun to get out. Keep to it. - AllofMe.

@@willow13 Willow, stop teasing me with the bacon already. ;) Every time you bring it up, I think about it for like 2 days. Mmmm, bacon...

In all seriousness, I was sleeved on 9/24 too and I would say that you lasted a long time before having a breakdown. I think I had mine in the first week. Those food demons are evil!!

Don't cry over fast foods just Google all the crap that is in fast food and how it's really not food and you'll feel good!

Thank you every one! I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in this battle!! Lol and yes these food demons need to be tamed they are wild !!! ???? I'm starting to explore more things the other day I had A very small bowl of Cheerios with milk and i did really well the cold milk felt AMAZING! And today I got daring and tried some of my mothers ground beef with cooked veggies I did really well with that as well , slowly but surely I'm learning what my new stomach can take ☺️

Hi

I had my sleeve on September 29th, 2014...What I never tough of or expected is the emotions of being home with my family and not being able to to cook for them or even sit at the table with them for dinner...

NEVER saw that one coming! I was on a 3 week pre op diet and lived on veggy Soups & Protein drinks and I was good with it. When I got home and realised I could not feed my boys I lost it! I really hated my life at that point and regretted the entire surgery.

It almost felt like the weight loss was not an accomplishment because I was on liquids, I better loose weight on those or else something would be wrong...

My boys are teenagers and they eat! Grilled Steak, eggs & bacon in the am etc... It was a sad few days...That was day 6&7.

I realised that all of this was playing itself in my head...let's face it most of us here over ate because of what was happening between our ears NOT because we were hungry...

So I decided to take the following approach in order to knock down the pity party happening in my head...I know look at what I drink (still in the full liquid phase for another few weeks) as what I am taking this in to survive, this is gasoline for my body so I can live & have fun and bike & run & travel & swim and enjoy life....

I never expected this to be this hard, I actually had second thoughts before travelling for the surgery...I felt like I was taking the easy way out...holy crap was I ever wrong...It's freaking hard and then surgery recoup on top of that...

I know everyday is getting better & better physically & between my ears, but I guess this is what we should all be looking towards is a lifestyle change...I was at first thinking I can't wait to eat my next burger, fries, pizza etc...then I realized if I fall in the same trap I will be at the same place a few years down the road...and really this is too hard to do over...So I can't wait to eat an amazing scrambled egg with herbs and fresh ground pepper & salt...YUM!

Heres to reprograming/reframing my brain...get out of my head and into my body!

Thanks 44471.

That was beautiful. ????

Just what I needed. -AllofMe

Nope. No crying here. No blow-ups at people. I've been on an even keel post-op.