Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any November Sleevers for 2014 need surgery buddys?

Hi. November 3rd for me. After years of denial by insurance I'm finally ready to do this.

How exciting!!! I'm going to Mexico because my insurance doesn't cover the procedure. I scheduled it back in July and have had a lot of time to think about it and it really feels like the right thing for me

How exciting!!! I'm going to Mexico because my insurance doesn't cover the procedure. I scheduled it back in July and have had a lot of time to think about it and it really feels like the right thing for me

Im going to Mexico too.. because I dont have insurance either.. Im going with dr alvarez .. after a few years thinking I decided to do it..

My surgery is scheduled for November 11th. Hello fellow November sleevers. It won't be long.

I've just received my date: Nov 3, at UMD Baltimore. Getting a little nervous now!

It's so exciting to read through this thread and see quite of few of us having surgery on the same day. That means we will have the same Birthday!!!! for the new life we're about to live!

I'm having mine November 3rd =)

I just got my surgery date today...it will be on Monday November 3. I'm in Ohio with HealthSpan (previously Kaiser). They have us do a 6 month pre-surgical plan. It seemed like it took forever....but finally I am close!

****Update 10/28/14: They found a DVT in my left leg on a pre-op clearance last week :-( My surgery has been delayed 6 months. So, so sad. I will be leaving the group. *************

Edited by Simply Annie

So many Nov 3 dates. My Dr only does tuesday and Thursday surgeries so I was trying to allow for few days in hospital then weekend at home recovering before my son is around me. Don't want to scare him if I am in pain. Then he's in school for 6 hours a day the school days so I can rest and heal and walk around.

I need to order a few more supplements then I'm doing my pantry shopping on the first of next month so everything's done. I'm ordering some GENEPRO flavorless Protein for Soups and applesauce for that first month or to mix with with crystal light. I'm not sure about Protein drinks right after that flavor is so sweet. I hear it dissolves in crystal light and I love the rasberry ice I could get in my Protein that way as long as I can swallow okay :)

Today my mom mentioned that my calendar had a sticker on it that said Anniversery. That was my original surgery date I forgot I had done that. When I told her what it was She didn't say anymore. Clearly she can't understand how important and life changing this is for me. I wish I had her support:( I will always remember the day I was given a chance to LIVE again. And I will Celebrate Nov 6 for the rest of my life.

@@DeanieG, why don't you start your pre-op diet? That'll get it going a little quicker! That's what I did.

I called the insurance company yesterday and after a long hold found out that I've been approved! Should be getting the letter in the next few days. So I called the doctor's office and scheduled my pre-op appointment with him and they will be calling me to let me know when to go for my pre-op at the hospital. Surgery is scheduled for November 10th!!! I'm so excited. Even the lady at the insurance customer service could tell I was excited.

I've been getting samples of Protein powder to try for my pre-op clear liquid diet. Doctor requires clear liquid 7-10 days before surgery. My NUT said my tastes will probably change after the surgery.

Edited by DeanieG

I have my Gastric Sleeve scheduled for November 4th at the KC Bariatric Center in Lenexa, KS (Dr. Robert Aragon; he works the center with two other surgeons Dr. Hoehn and Dr. Hamilton). I see Dr. Aragon on Oct 23rd and start my pre-op Protein & liquid diet the following morning. Getting super excited! Good luck to all and best wishes for a speedy recovery (from the surgery) to all.

Preop 11/5 and surgery 11/19 for me! My PA asked me if I was sure I wanted to be on a post op liquid diet over thanksgiving....I told her if that mattered to me at all I wouldn't be going through all this. BRING IT ON!!! Oh and by the way, I'm also almost 8 weeks nicotine free! This journey finally gave me the motivation to quit smoking.