Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone having success and enjoying their banded life?

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this post and it's so good to see all the happy happy folks posting/sharing their stories. I too LOVE LOVE my band and would do it again in a heart beat. down 72lbs.. can sit on a 16hr transatlantic flight and remain comfortable. can go out and actually drink once in a while and not cry when the scale goes up accordingly.

this last year has been amazing i'm 30lbs short of my first goal and i just know by this time next year i'll have conquered that and moved on.

so who here is going to dress up for Halloween? for the first time in years i'm actually considering it

I was recently banded on Oct 3rd 2014. I am still new to this but I can tell so far I absolutely love my band.

These are great posts! I need to read them time and time again We are the marathon people ( never used that phrase for me before). Here day and month and years later. Not perfect but healthy and happy and pleased with myself and weight almost everyday. I shall try to avoid negativity in posts....they don't help my day. These do ....so thanks!

I'm 7 months post op and so far lost 76 lbs. I'm 20 lbs away from my goal. Very happy I made this decision.

It is so great to come on here and see positive comments about the band.. I am so sick and tired of reading all of the bull crap on here about how bad the band is and how Doctors are no longer doing bands.. blah, blah, blah... My surgery is better than yours..blah blah.. I don't care what type of surgery anyone has.. go with it, shut up about other people and take care of yourself. I decided to have the lapband after struggling with my weight for years and not getting any younger. My diabetes was getting worse, my cholesterol was high, my blood pressure was high and I could hardly make it from the parking lot to the store much less shop. walking in a mall was painful. I love my new life , no diabetes, no cholesterol, blood pressure normal. I have had no complications or problems with my band.. so we all need to stay positive no matter what.

I was very happy to see a positive post too. I just mentioned to my husband that it seems all the posts on here are negative and it's disheartening. I went for my one week follow up today and a down 14 pounds since my one week prior to surgery visit. Thank you for making some positive posts that show this was worth it. I am so happy to see that people are pleased with their choice

I'm only 4 days post op. And I'm so happy excited and optimistic. I have no swolen cankles at the end of the day. I'm. Down 8 lbs. I'm not loving this liquid stage but I want my stomach to heal . I don't want slime or bp or any of the other horrors these posts are riddled with. I've struck out at everythg else. I so want this to work. Trying to stay dehydrated taking my Vitamins trying to get as much Protein in as possible. Keep doing what u r doing. we will write our own stories and embrace the band. I want to work with it not against it. Good luck!!

Wow! How lovely to hear such awesome stories! Well done to you all. What an inspiration you all are :)

I feel so thrilled with my decision to get my band 2 weeks ago! I call it my belly bangle! Lol

I can only hope I have the same success as you all.

Keep it up and keep the success stories coming!

I have only one huge regret....I wish I had jumped on the Band-Wagon 5 years earlier. I am down almost 90 lbs and couldn't be happier. Don't let the negative comments influence your decision. if you are ready for WLS and mentally prepared for the challenge...do it now!

I am 7 years post op. I had great success in the first 5 yrs. Over the past couple, I fell off the wagon and stopped exercising. I put quite a few of the pounds back on. This past spring, I got my arse back in gear and was making strides towards getting back to where I needed to be. Then on May 21, while playing softball, I tore 2 ligaments in my right ankle. Had surgery to repair those, tighten up all the ligaments and clean out all the debris from a lifetime of bad ankles due to sports. I am just now cleared to go back to regular duty in my department. But, I have already started back at working out and exercising more again.

I consider my Band to be a success. The failure was me due to a horrible divorce and custody issues that I allowed to get me off track. I will get back to where I was again.

The bad news is that it looks like I will have to have same surgery soon on my left ankle to tighten up ligaments and clean out debris. I will have my work cut out for me. But, I know what to expect and what I can and can't do this time.

You know what Ceredad? You are doing something about your problems! Go you for getting out of your own way! I know you are going to get through this and be better for it! So many changes going on in your life, we don't always appreciate the good times, until difficult situations come along. With your band being part of the solutions- I know you have this! Sending all kinds of good wishes your way!

I am 7 years post op. I had great success in the first 5 yrs. Over the past couple, I fell off the wagon and stopped exercising. I put quite a few of the pounds back on. This past spring, I got my arse back in gear and was making strides towards getting back to where I needed to be. Then on May 21, while playing softball, I tore 2 ligaments in my right ankle. Had surgery to repair those, tighten up all the ligaments and clean out all the debris from a lifetime of bad ankles due to sports. I am just now cleared to go back to regular duty in my department. But, I have already started back at working out and exercising more again.

I consider my Band to be a success. The failure was me due to a horrible divorce and custody issues that I allowed to get me off track. I will get back to where I was again.

The bad news is that it looks like I will have to have same surgery soon on my left ankle to tighten up ligaments and clean out debris. I will have my work cut out for me. But, I know what to expect and what I can and can't do this time.

My wife and I were banded on September 7, 2007. The band has literally saved my life. No more mess for diabetes and no CPAP Machine. No back or knee pain.

I feel so in sync with my body -- that feeling of wholeness and connection was something I had lost over the years. Very happy to have it back. There were years when I felt betrayed by my body. I couldn't lose weight no matter what I tried and it was so frustrating. I'd be "good" but it never lasted. Now I feel like everything is working in concert. My brain chatter has diminished greatly and I love having that appetite monster off of my back. I am not on a diet.

The first best thing I ever did for myself was to quit smoking almost 20 years ago... the second best thing was deciding to have WLS, and following through with it. Still on the CPAP machine, but I am down over 80 lbs and feel a lot better. My cholesterol dropped from over 250 total to 153, and now my HDL is higher than my LDL numbers. I'm not near my goal, but I am positive the band is giving me a new lease on life.

post-227129-14138920493321_thumb.jpg