Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Date

OCT 23

Is the turn for @@Naynay31, @@tacycakes and @freelyme. Anyone else? Please let me know for an official send off.

Good Luck Gladiators

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Good luck!! One more week for me!

Will guys tomorrow is my day have to be there at 6:45am and surgery at 8am lol I'm nervous a lil it's cool and windy here In VA I feel crazy right now

@naynay31. Where are you having surgery? I'm at Fair Oaks. Hope all is well!

im in petersburg va yes just nervous as hell lol

You've got this!

@@AuriP

6 days and I am a nervous reck. Besides finding out I am intolerant to whey Protein and the associated tummy/bathroom issues that went with that. I feel an imaginary cold coming at anytime. I also have imaginary heart issues. Should I call them worry palpitations. I have cleaned my bathrooms to a sparkle they have never had. Yeh, well is not the way I describe my current condition. So glad my husband is on a business trip or he would think I lost it. I think there's a bit of nesting going on here.

@@Alumace, how are you? Is your surgery still Oct 25th?

Oh, my gosh! I have not had any problem with the 30-carb diet until today. I have 4 more days until surgery but I am STARVING today. Help?

I'm so glad to be thru. I'm doing really good. One of the best things I did was get the patch for nausea. I'm doing a lot better then I expected. Tip for tomorrow from my nurse...use warm blankets on abdomen to help move gas. I'm pretty loopy. Good night to all.

@@Mariew24 Sending a warm blanket your way! Glad to hear you are doing well.

@@Glyndalin

You have lost a lot of weight. How long have you been dieting?

My whole life? o.O

In all seriousness, it's been about two and half years since I was 303. That's why I'm opting for the surgery. Losing weight is painfully slow for me, and I've lost 100 pounds twice before and gained it back.

@ jyoyonomore

Thank you for that wonderful list. I am making a list for my last shopping trip before surgery and prune juice is on it. When did you start taking it? I guess I should ask when did you notice the plumbing was clogging up? It's a huge fear of mine because I actually have gone to the ER for Constipation after a back injury (herniated a disk) and after several days of pain meds Oxycodone. I was in serious trouble. Apparently it stops your GI track completely but they didn't tell me. So, la. la.. me, I was feeling fine on meds until no movement for 12 days!

@@Beni I started feeling heavy in the plumbing 5 days after &first tried to increase my Water but no change so I took the Prune juice & OJ on the 6 Th day by the next I was fine. Good Luck Beni????????????????????????????

Edited by Jyoyonomore

@@Alumace, how are you? Is your surgery still Oct 25th?

No it isn't it has been changed to between the 1st or the 8th November. He was going to op on a weekend but found no one trained in bariatric operation care works on weekends. So have to find a day during the week. We're told 3 others are waiting too.

So super excited!!! A bit nervous! Going to stay on hospital campus tonight to avoid traffic in the morning!! Woohoo! Congrats to the other 23rds, we're about to join the losers bench!

All the Best @@Beni, @@freelyme & all Gladiators going tomorrow. Defy Gravity. ✈️✈️Let us hear you Roar!????????

Congratulations! Up and walking a lot is awesome!

Hello October Gladiators!!
Things have been going great. I'm so pleased with the whole process. The first day I had a delay in pain meds due to the fact that my IV stopped working. I'm a really hard stick, therefore they had to get they had to get the lead from the department to put it in. 5 sticks later I have a new working IV. This group helped me so much. I was able to ask for the patch to prevent nausea. I can report that I have not been nauseated at all. I've been up walking ALOT! This has worked wonderful for preventing gas. Thank you to everyone for your input and positive vibes. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1413965338.739895.jpg
This was right after I returned to my room from surgery. I look forward to seeing the rest of the October Gladiators on the losers bench.

I don't think I gave my stats.
I'm 5 feet 4 inches
Weight prior to liver shrink 317
Day of surgery 304
Not sure what it is now with all of the fluids. I'll let you all know soon.