Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Date

I will also post before surgery pics with my weight and measurements. I'm hoping this will keep me more motivated in this whole journey. I think I will also make my husband hide the scale while I'm in the hospital so I won't be tempted to weigh myself for a while. I kind of want to keep it to once every 2 weeks. I actually want to have him keep the scales in his car truck. That way I would physically have to go outside everytime I want to weigh myself.

Auri, I plan on doing the same. I have only 3 days but I am planning on extending it as well.

Beni- how are you going to keep yourself full? I know my head hunger will get the best of me. I will also have to pre make my kids food so I'm not standing by a stove all day. I will probably do that Friday or Saturday.

I have the same exact concern. I have decided the hubby and kids will have to get frozen meals. I have started the process. Every meal I fix I am making double and freezing the extra half. I will try to make 15 meals this way. I will also make sure we have some frozen options for my husband to cook. He is not a cook but he can make hot dogs, frozen pizza an hamburgers.

I don't think I can handle eating with them for a while. I will eat an hour before my family does and if need be I will get dinner on the table and go for a walk or i will be in serious trouble. I also notice dinner is my worst meal. I am tired and hungry and there comes the second helping - Nope, not a chance. I don't think if I'll have the will power if I am eating with them.

Hello ladies

Beni and Amylynns,

I

t's great to hear that you got a October date (Beni) . I start my re-op liquid diet today. It's just like Amylynns 2 weeks before 2 weeks post for the liquids as well. My surgery day is October 8th. Welcome to the Oct. group.

October 8th is right around the corner

Yes it is Beni I have to get a new mind set. I think today will be one of my hardest because I have to remember that I start my liquid diet today. I believe once I get started maybe I'll be ok. I've been up for some time (maybe nerves). I thought let me go get some grapes ah--no not on my liquid diet. I don't usually eat Breakfast so this will be new for me in it self I've got to make sure I get all of my Protein and Water. Wish me luck on the first day. (smile)

Let's face it, the liquid diet is going to be hard. We'll have to pump ourselves up and remember we are doing this because we deserve to be healthy. Some folks have other illnesses, ours is obesity and this is what we have to do to get well. Small price for health, right? You would do it to save a loved one wouldn't you. Well you are being asked to do it for a loved one too - yourself.

Yes, very well said Beni!

MrsSpicey--Good luck!! You'll do great--you're probably going to find eating several small meals. (Or I should say "drinking" several small meals) will help you get through the day.

We owe ourselves this, like Beni said, we have to take care of our illness, and this is how we do it! :-)

My 2 boys (14 and 17) told me last night they'd do the liquid diet with me if I wanted them too. Awww, sweet boys, but I told them no, they can't! My 14yr old plays football and needs LOTS of food! And he's not over weight in the least bit! Same with my 17yr old. He's 6'1" and is a total bean stalk! But thanks boys! ;-)

Does anyone do any juicing? I've done it a lot (not recently) and love it--although it takes time and effort, LOL. But I asked my NUT lady if I could juice during the 2 week liquid diet and she pretty much said no. Mostly because of the sugar content in the fruit I guess. But heck, you'd think fresh juiced fruits/ veggies would be healthier than drinking juice in a jug!? I think she said no, due more to the fact she didn't know enough about it. And it's easier to just have one recommended plan for everyone to follow, that they know works. I still might do some juicing anyway. And just be sure to count the calories.

Oh my , I'm picking up dinner for the family pizza Hut ! I would love so much to have just ONE wing !!! But then I tell my self I'm going to look pretty rockin my cute little sun dress this summer !!!! The hell with the wings !!!!

For sure Karen!! That wing isn't worth it!! I can't wait to wear a dress and feel good in it! ;-)

Look at the bright side you will be able to juice after surgery (once the stomach heals) specially if you add some Protein powder to it. I think before surgery it may be best not to in the 3 days prior to surgery since you want to clear out everything inside you and natural fruit/veg stuff has bacteria unless it's cooked. I did ask my nut about it and she said it is safer to stick with apple juice and all it's added non-nutrients because a bacteria wouldn't dare live in it, lol.

Your boys are so sweet!

OH! Now, see--that makes sense! My NUT didn't really give an answer...but that does make sense!

I am having a mini gastric bypass next week October the first. I am on my 2 week liquid diet and am having leg cramps terribly. My hips and legs are aching I cannot hardly sit still, any suggestions?

another gal (Karen, was that you?) on here was having the cramping and I believe she was told to drink more. It's the start of dehydration I think.

Maybe she'll post on here too.