Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Surgery Date

HELLO EVERYONE, just went on the scale and I am up 2 lbs from yesterday. How is that even possible? I ate like a bird, but then I drank like a fish.

"Identity crisis." We'll have to make a choice here, are we going to be birds or fish? You see, kind of different requirements. So, because we are land dwellers does this mean we have a in-between situation on the bird, fish thing?

LOL Beni! :-)

I'm sure the 2 pounds is Water weight with all that you drank. That being said--whenever I swim (like a fish) it makes me have to pee CONSTANTLY!! Which means I have to keep getting out of the pool to go, huge pain in the rear! LOL!

Great job on working ahead of time to get your water in!

By the time I got to the Nut appointment at 1:00PM, I had "gone" enough that my weight was 264.4. Last week it was 264 even. Hah! that's still 264 since .4 cannot be rounded up. I do know my math, thank you very much. I only had to postpone Breakfast and lunch to 1:45Pm, no biggie! I also delayed any and all Water. I have since promised myself I am not going to make the same mistake for next weigh in - Nope, I have learned my lesson!

On a positive note my scale at home reads 263.2. So, I am still 263. And I am sticking to it

Beni , you got this ! Just stick to it ????I have already drank 94ozs of Fluid today and it's not even 330 yet now I have the stinkin hiccups ! Just think this time next week my surgery will be over ! Hip hip hur ray !!!

Whoohoo Beni! How'd your NUT appointment go? Did you find out more about your pre-op diet? (I think it was you wondering about exactly what you could have, etc? )

I've gotten in just 64oz so far. I really need to stop my usual 2 cups of coffee in the morning--I'm going to have some major caffeine withdraw when I start my 2 week pre-op.

Ugh you guys ~ I just got out of my preop appt with Dr Mike and he wants me to do a liquid diet starting right now. Guhhhhhhh. Originally he said I probably wouldn't need to do one, but today he was like "well it would make the surgery shorter and safer" and I was like "then giving me the friggin plan!"

So SURPRISE! liquid diet!

I admit- i totally panicked and had a last minute foot long-with chili and onions -food funeral. Now I'm on the way to Kroger to get my liquid diet supplies - skim milk, sugar free Jello, and sf Popsicles. This is gonna suuuuuuuuuck. Worth it though.

Edited by superbariatricbabe

Well, shoot!! I'm actually looking forward to the liquid diet, LOL.. I know, I'm nuts. But I love that totally cleaned out, no bloating feeling. And to see the scale actually drop will be a miracle for me. Mine has been stuck for so long! LOL.

Of course, feeling like I'm dying of starvation for the first several days isn't all that fun.

Is it 2 weeks you have to do? We're here for you!

Karen,

Why do you have to drink so much? I was told 64 oz

Amy,

Yes, it was me wondering what the two week diet is.

The Nut went well. She did tell me all about the 3 day pre-surgery Clear liquids only diet: Water, apple juice, cranberry juice, Jello, tea, coffee without milk, clear broth, popsicles, sprite, propel, gatorade. That's all for 3 days. Wow, I am going to be very hungry. I was surprised on the coffee, I am not having any or sprite for that matter. This is very different from what I was thinking. I envisioned a more natural diet. There so much citric acid in all of that and I can't see how that's good for my stomach.

As far as the two week diet she advised me that it was not necessary but if I wanted to do something, then I should reduce carbs. It will help shrink the liver size.

Please let me know what your NUT says.

Hell , I don't know why they tell me to drink my Fluid . I called my dr and told her I was having really bad cramps and told her what my intake was and she told me to increase it as much as I could because I was dehydrated and that was what was causing my cramps and at that point I was drinking 64 oz a day . I was afraid I was flushing my system clean and much to my surprise she told me to drink more ! I don't get it either

Weird- my 2 week diet is 4 daily 8oz servings of skim milk plus Protein Powder, tons of Water and/or sugar free stuff like crystal light, Snacks are sf Jello and sf Popsicles, and a lean meat plus steam veggies dinner. Seems doable, but I worry about my ability to stay compliant. Now or never I guess!!

Hey all, I am having my surgery on 10/14 at NE Georgia Medical Center, robotically. I saw my NUT today. I see the surgeon on 10/2. He told me last time I only needed to do the liquid for 1 week, as I have lost 45 lbs since March and my BMI is 36 now. Hope that doesn't change. Though they do allow 1 serving of grits or oatmeal per day on the liquid. Then the clear liquid diet for the 2 days prior to surgery.

I think I will try adding the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury cheese sauce Protein mix to the grits, hopefully it will make it more palatable. Has anyone else tried that sauce?

Omg I would kill to have a bmi of 36- Congrats on all your hard work!

Omg I would kill to have a bmi of 36- Congrats on all your hard work!

Thank you. and you will have one soon enough. Good luck on surgery.

Edited by smiley922

Karen, that answer to drink more is down right weird. How can anyone be dehydrated with 64oz of Fluid. Only if you exercise like mad or are out in the sun all day. I would look into researching some athletes/exercise/cramps issue. It could be an electrolyte imbalance. Gatorade, maybe would help!

Hi smiley922,

Welcome to our October Fest!

A BMI of 36 is impressive - 45 lbs, wow. That's a woman on a mission

Do you know what your clear liquid diet is like? and what are you allowed to drink?