Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would you have WLS again? What kind?

I would do this journey all over again... At a younger age. I would consider VSG as I have seen and heard great things. Please post your opinion. I believe Lots of people are interested Thanks

In a heartbeat. I don't know that I'd wish that I had done it earlier though because I do believe I had to hit rock bottom first. I'm coming up on my one year anniversary for the hip replacement surgery and I'm reminded of how much has changed this year and how grateful I am to have gotten my life back.

I had tried 'everything' save RNY.

In 2004 there were far fewer choices than now.

And had I know what was coming, I would have done the Band in 1994 in preference to 2004!!!

I'm with you guys -- love, love, love my band and would do it again in a heartbeat. And I wish I had done it in my thirties rather than fifties but I suppose there are medical advancements, etc. I would also choose the band again rather than something more drastic, but that's just me. Hopefully I am not in any danger of losing my band, but if so and it could not be replaced for any reason, I like it that there are more options available.

I'd do it again. And I'm so glad I have the band. There seem to be a lot of new non surgical, non-invasive type WL techniques on the horizon such as the endoscopic plication and the new endoscopic sleeve without removing 85% of the stomach.

There are also new meds on the verge of coming out that deal with ghrelin production. I'm happy with what I have for now but I'd switch for a different WL technique if it offered no stomach removal, no re-plumbing and could eliminate most of the eating issues we banders have with stuck and slime episodes. Removing these two issues alone would eliminate 90% of the slips, erosions and dilations some banders go through.

tmf

I'd do it again...only sooner in life if I could turn back time...what kind? My only experience is with the lap band, and I know what that was like....100% success and easy!

I don't know what the others are like so I could not say.....I only know the band and I could not be more pleased.

Yes, yes and oh hell yes, id get banded again, but sooner if id known about it and not wasted years of a skinny girl trapped in an overweight body. The 5 % negative of being banded is nothing compared to the 95% positive of living with a happy, healthy body !!! NO REGRETS !!!

I'm only six months post banding but I have high hopes and am thrilled with my choice. Again in a heartbeat. Like tmf, I hope that if my band eventually causes problems, there might be new technologies or medicines available to me by then. Meanwhile I am glad I didn't waste one more day being morbidly obese.

even though I have had some complications I would do it all over again. weighing less is just magical.

I agree with you all. I would do it again an I have never regretted having it done. I would have done it earlier, but I wasn't ready for it at that time. Like GW said I think you have to be ready in all ways. Mentally, emotionally, physically all of it.

I'm glad I didn't let myself continue down the road I was on and that both my husband and I stopped and took a turn for the betterment of our lives!

I would do it again in a heart beat. It has been over 7 years since I been in the 100's. If it wasn't for the band I would still be sitting in the 200's. Love my band!

I am thrilled to see such positive responses! Often people seem to use these forums to emphasize the complications and revisions, yet not one of us would trade our banded life today.. What a great endorsement for the weighty (ahem) issues we have all gone through!...Physical and mental metamorphosis.

Many responses were from seasoned bandsters.... (All are so truly welcome... )But years down the road it is a different path than that excitable honeymoon phase ( we all seem to have that golden year or so) and I appreciate hearing your stories. It helps me daily. Please keep posting about life

Initially, I was looking into the gastric bypass and had my initial visit with the doctor. Weeks after my consult, I found out that lapband was done in my city and insurance covered it. Next month, I'm four years out as a bandster.

Even with my share of complications, I am very content with the band and lifestyle and hope to be a bandster for many, more years. God willing.

Would I have WLS again, if something went wrong with the band? Absolutely!!!! My choice would probably be gastric sleeve. I have a big problem with my plumbing getting re-routed. God help me that I never have to make that choice. Jake

I would do it again. It is the system that has failed me, not the band.

I went to a "Center of Excellence" and had my lapband done. Only this was a brand new bariatric physician and he didn't connect the tubing. He did redo the surgery and then he left.

Now I go to another dr. who acts like he doesn't want to be bothered with me. I asked him a question once and the answer was "because I said so". Sorry, but I think we should be in partnership together.

I never received psych counseling, dietary counseling, nothing. Just the band. I feel I am basically on my own and it turns out I am just basically on another diet.

I would do it again. It is the system that has failed me, not the band.

I went to a "Center of Excellence" and had my lapband done. Only this was a brand new bariatric physician and he didn't connect the tubing. He did redo the surgery and then he left.

Now I go to another dr. who acts like he doesn't want to be bothered with me. I asked him a question once and the answer was "because I said so". Sorry, but I think we should be in partnership together.

I never received psych counseling, dietary counseling, nothing. Just the band. I feel I am basically on my own and it turns out I am just basically on another diet.

Find another doctor who will help you with your journey. I did and what a change.