Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pureed Stage One Week Early

Thanks. I am truly enjoying pureed foods. I got some food ideas. So I hope to have a chance to get started this weekend on something new. I am looking for new options for Proteins I know all is going to be awesome in the world of becoming a skinny me.

@@Patty'O my morning meal right now is instant Decaf coffee in hot Water with added vanilla Protein powder. I sip on that for an hour or so. bam! 30 grams of Protein done for the day so far!!!

I had my surgery August 4th and I spent the entire 4 weeks after just with liquid. I was full all the time and couldn't finish the Gatorade I needed. After the first month I started with soft foods and that's were I'm at. I was never hungry, I'm still never hungry so I wonder how you guys feel hungry. I have to remind myself to eat every 3 hours.

Well I am one week, as of today. I am hungry, but it doesn't take much to fill me up. I have been pleasantly surprised by just what I enjoy. I haven't had a lot of Soups as I thought I would. I pureed a few items, and I have been eating off them with contentment

Couldnt stand pureed food. The one day I tried it I knew we weren't going to get along. So, I had to ease into soft foods while keeping on the liquids. It wasnt too difficult. Just made sure to chew chew chew and stop when full. Still on soft foods until 6 month mark and still losing.

just reading this ... I have 4 more days of fluids only and soooo fed up! a little encouraged to hang in there for a bit more but if I see another chicken Soup am going to scream!!!!

@@Patty'O my morning meal right now is instant Decaf coffee in hot Water with added vanilla Protein powder. I sip on that for an hour or so. bam! 30 grams of Protein done for the day so far!!!

I use Starbucks instant decaf to make mine, and yes, bam! 20-30 grams of protein at once. I don't like to eat Breakfast because then I want to continue eating all day long. if I have my coffee drink, I'm good all morning. If you add a little stevia English Toffee flavor, it's like eating dessert first.

Edited by Patty'O

I went to purees 5 days early, but kept them pretty bland and thin the first week. When I went for my post op mu surgeon asked "are you advancing your diet"? and wasn't terribly concerned as long as I was taking it slowly and tolerating everything well. (I'd been given a schedule in writing when I left the hospital), but moved through each stage almost 1 week early. All docs are different so YMMV.

My focus is on healthy eating, and not on weight loss. I want to focus on this being healthy and doing all i can to keep the calories low. The weight is going to melt off.

That's the way we have to look at this thing. The weight will come off. I think you might be in the scale too much. I am only getting on once a week. I don't need more than that. I am learning this new process and keeping my mind occupied. I created an Ig page just to chart my success. I am researching what others are eating. You have to also start thinking about what you are gonna do with the time that you weren't eating, cause that could be an issue down the road.

just reading this ... I have 4 more days of fluids only and soooo fed up! a little encouraged to hang in there for a bit more but if I see another chicken Soup am going to scream!!!!

All that Fluid was making me nauseous and severally constipated. But you might want to become more creative with you food. Have you had egg drop soup? I was so happy when I had that for the first time. It was wonderful and I felt normal eating it. Cause fluids only is really the worst.