Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone scheduled for surgery in nov?

Hey eclectick..... How've you been? I haven't seen anything posted lately. Have you come true emotions down somewhat about the upcoming surgery? Hopefully you're feeling better about the idea of having it. When's your date? I'm trying to stay in touch with some November RNYers .

@@jenn cox Hey Jenn, I am getting nervous....and anxious...my nurse informed me the surgery might take place the day before Thanksgiving, but that's fine with me..it's not like we have a HUGE family affair anyway. I am currently waiting on a call from my primary Dr., because since I quit smoking over a month ago and my surgery is so close, my stress/frazzle/freak out level has increased substantially....I really could use something to take the edge off..I tried to control it as long as I could but it's actually starting to effect my work and home life.

As for being ready for the surgery...I am SO ready...I dream about all the things I am going to be able to do...but in the same time..I also think about the challenges and many hurdles I will have getting there. It's not going to be an easy ride, I know this...but because I am being given a special tool (gift) if you will..I need to take care of it...at least that's my mind set at the moment. Ask me this a day, week or even a month after surgery I might have a different mind set lol, but being given a gift would still stand true.

What about you??

I'm scheduled for Nov 3 in Tijuana with Dr. Lopez!

Eclectick.... Hey..... What about me hmmm. I'm getting very excited and a little nervous about the surgery. I had some pre op blood work and chest xray done yesterday and a2 hour appointment with my nutritionist. It's all very surreal now. I can't believe I'm actually moving forward to do this . The surgery doesn't scare me its the post op getting in fluids and Protein and Vitamin supplements that concerns me. But I'm definitely doing it and I'm not looking back. I'm looking forward to all the things I'm going to be able to do with my kids and my husband and hopefully by next Memorial Day I'll be in a bathing suit at the pool and not being self conscious..... And actually getting in the Water to swim with my kids.

Hey November surgery buddies how's everyone doing? Trying to keep this thread alive. I think it's a great idea 2 be going through the same things with some other people. Anybody have any posts? I have finished almost everything. My last two things are my cardiac clearance which I have to have a stress test and an echocardiogram next week and I have to have a visit with my PCP the end of this week. Then I'll be completely finished then waiting on my surgery November 4th. Start my pre op diet October 21st. Feeling like I want to have a lot of food funerals before the 21st gets here... I'm going to try not to let it get too out of hand. Ttyl hope I hear from some of you

well Ive already posted but I am excited about nov 24 in Mexico. My insurance doesn't cover bariatric at all. Which I think is unfair. But what can you do. So we are paying ourselves. Going to a lighter me with Dr. Ortiz

Safe travels Mindy Lynn 5. Sorry your insurance doesn't cover for your surgery that sucks. I've seen other posters mention Dr Ortiz and have used him. The 24th will be here soon

I have my last weigh is on Thursday and then we submit for insurance approval. I think I have a stress fracture in my foot so that might throw off my exercise.

I'm Nov 6, my date was changed from oct 3. Thinking of it as more time to lose weight before surgery:)nervous and excited. Wondering how long til we can eat a real meal even small. I'm not telling many people so it's kinda like hiding out and avoiding play dates and dinner dates until it's not so noticeable. I'm active with my son and friends families... Lots to think about!

Im having the surgery 4th November perth Australia. It really can't come soon enough I just want to get new life started.

Im going to Mexico to in Tiajuana. Which Dr's are you guys using? Im going through a lighter me. Dr. Ortiz

I'm using Dr. jaime Ponce de leon. I've researched a lot, but if you know anything, please pass it along.

haleytrim where are you going in Mexico? pgerik have you found alot of reviews or testimonials for Ready4Achange? I assume you have. maybe you can private message me if you know how to do that. if you don't mind me picking your brain a little. thanks.

Tiajuana with Dr. jaime Ponce de leon. INT Hospital. There are several good surgeons in Mexico. I used to work in credentialing at LSU in Shreveport. So I just did what I did there. First google the surgeon's name and go from there. You are looking for education including fellowships, any teaching or training that he has done. Who he has worked with and any associations he is connected with like bariatric centers of excellence. Look for malpractice suits but don't give them a lot of credit unless there is a suspension attached. Some people will sue over a hangnail and some hospitals will pay to avoid any possible negative publicity.