Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery on 9/2. In the past couple days I have felt very bloated, lots of tummy noises, diarrhea and feeling pretty yucky. Anyone else having probs like this? Hoping it goes away soon.

After surgery, I found out that I became lactose intolerant. Which meant anytime I consumed milk or something that contained milk (many types of Protein powders), I almost instantly developed diarrhea. I took myself off milk products and the diarrhea ceased. About 2 months later, I discovered that I was no longer lactose intolerant.

I had surgery 9/8 and I'm feeling the same way (minus the diarrhea)! I'm still on liquids so I know it's not any food intolerances. Are you on to foods yet? I'm gonna bring it up to my surgeon on Monday and hopefully she'll have some answers or suggestions to make it better. I'll check back with you. Hope you feel better!

I have the same problem. Ask your doctor for phenergan for the nausea...that helps! My doctor also said I can take 1 Imodium and that has also been helpful. The Protein Shakes have been one of the main culprits for the nausea, so I've been using 2 packets of sugar free carnation instant Breakfast which equals one scoop of the Protein powders. That has helped.

The noises unfortunately will likely always be there. I'm almost 7 months out and still have to listen to them all the time.

As for the other issues, I felt that way for the first 2 weeks (one week of Clear Liquids and one week of full liquids). Then once I was cleared to start on pureed foods things regulated themselves pretty quickly.

This post has hit me dead on. I had surgery one week ago today (9/11), and today I actually feel like a human. I have yet to get in the 60-80 gm Protein and 64 oz of fluids, but I have come close a couple of times. I found the more I walk, the better the bloating and sick feeling gets. Lost my taste for the Protein shake real fast. Now I am drinking a Protein Drink that that has 15 gm in 10 oz. I have to rotate that with Water because of the yucky taste. Should I worry about not getting all my fluids in? Some days it may be only 50 oz. Dr. apt tomorrow. Hoping for a little more choices.

Bring it on...I think ur doing pretty good with everything. I'm a little over 2 weeks out and I still don't hit my Protein. It's been a process...some days I feel great, others not so much. I think our bodies are still in shock and what we are experiencing is common.

I am 6.5 weeks post-surgery. I have been drinking Lactaid, since I was lactose intolerant prior to surgery and assume I still am. However, I notice after I drink my Protein shake with Lactaid, or just straight Lactaid, I get a gurgly stomach and feel a little nauseous. Has anyone else had Lactaid tummy troubles? Thanks!

I had surgery on 8/25 and I have become lactose intolerant. Every Protein Powder I try I throw up or it comes quickly out the other. I tried a egg based shake today and I only got 4gulps in before I got nauseous from it. I think today's was just the taste though it was nasty.

My surgery was 8/25. I just can't seem to take much of anything in. For instance, it is 6:30pm and I have had nothing to drink all day. I just don't want anything, let alone nasty Protein Drinks. Yuck. What is wrong with me? I need help. I am at the end of my rope, thinking I made a huge mistake. Things need to change. STAT.

Sorry to hear that. Be careful..it's important to stay hydrated..even if u just get in tiny sips. I totally know what u mean...I basically have to force myself to eat...no because I'm hungry but because that's what I'm supposed to do. I tried boos glucose control shakes. I look those because they come in ready made bottles and there not think and gross like other shakes but more like a regular drink but fills u up.

I had surgery on 8/25 and I have become lactose intolerant. Every Protein powder I try I throw up or it comes quickly out the other. I tried a egg based shake today and I only got 4gulps in before I got nauseous from it. I think today's was just the taste though it was nasty.

Experiment, experiment, experiment. There are many types of Protein powders, try different ones until you can find something you can tolerate. Some protein powders are lactose free. Also try different liquids with the powders: Water, almond milk, milk. And make sure you use an electric blender. Hand blending does not provide the proper consistency. I was lactose intolerant after surgery. That went away after a few months.

I've been so sick since last night. made a pure Protein Shake with half Water half lactaid milk. Last night I had terrible stomach pains and haven't been able to get away from the bathroom for long. Tmi. My stomach is gurgling and just is really upset. Wow I hope I don't have to call my docs. Hoping tomorrow I will feel better. Ugghh this is no fun