Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

switch from lab band to gastric

Has anyone had the band removed had other done like the sleeve or gastric.

I am having a revision on the 17th. The band has given me severe reflux with aspiration pneumonias . Time to get it changed. You? What's your interest?

Did the doctor require u to have major issues to do the switch?. I get stuck with every bite usually have to throw up.my port Jams into my ribs. Weight loss has stalled . Just doesn't feel right either

Iv had the band sense 2010 had a baby sense n have alot a hard time.losing sense I just feel like I made the wrong choice with this band.. When I squat down n lean Over I can taste the air being pushed back up

I had the band removed 7 weeks ago after 5 years. lost 45lbs in the first 5 months and nothing but problems afterwards. I am 5"2 and weigh 217 lbs. My Dr. says RNY would be the best, so I'm waiting another month before starting the pre-diet.

good Luck to ya!

Thank u

I am having my band removed and I am switching to a sleeve. I have had problems with my band but mostly just not having the results I need. Other than my band not being eroded my surgeon says I can have the revision done in one step and the surgery I choose really. The band failed a lot of us, I can honestly say I did my best to work with it and it should have helped more. I do not minimize my part in the process on the contrary this is why I feel it failed me. I gave it my all and it worked for a while but them it stopped, the reflux, too tight, too lose, not being able to eat healthy food,etc Most people with a band know the drill. It took a while to decide on the revision because i do not want another disappointment but I talked to so many successful band to sleeve revisions that I am ready and feeling positive about my outcome once more.

There is an entire revision topic that you will get all kinds of information for band to sleeve revisions. Go to the general sleeve home page and you will find it.

I am having my band removed and I am switching to a sleeve. I have had problems with my band but mostly just not having the results I need. Other than my band not being eroded my surgeon says I can have the revision done in one step and the surgery I choose really. The band failed a lot of us, I can honestly say I did my best to work with it and it should have helped more. I do not minimize my part in the process on the contrary this is why I feel it failed me. I gave it my all and it worked for a while but them it stopped, the reflux, too tight, too lose, not being able to eat healthy food,etc Most people with a band know the drill. It took a while to decide on the revision because i do not want another disappointment but I talked to so many successful band to sleeve revisions that I am ready and feeling positive about my outcome once more.

Is ur insurance covering it? Or is it self pay?

My insurance paid for everything. I had Lapband inserted in Sept 2010. I had it removed May 2014. I had the sleeve done Sept. 3, 2014.

I had my revision to sleeve done 14 mths ago. I'm about 10 lbs from goal. I loved my band till it slipped and caused pain and nightime reflux. Lost almost to goal. Gained 40 lbs back during the 1 yr I was unfilled after my slip. Hafta have a tool to keep my weight off. Wish the sleeve had been offered to me in 2009. WHile it was out, I guess my dr didn't offer it yet.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Good luck!

Thanks guys I was 290 when I got the band in 2010 than 180 at my lowest got pregnant . Gave birth at 250 now I'm down to 235 but cany seem to get it off n im always hungry .. I always get stuck . Had a few adjustments but I hate having a Dailey routine of can I eat this or will it get stuck game..