Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American vsgers!

My surgery was Dec 28th. Thank you luvkoko for posting! I am so thrilled I found this thread. Lots to read!

Mine too! Hope all is well! What did you have done? I got the sleeve

What's some of your go to Snacks?

smoked gouda cheese, nuts, ff ham and cheese, sugar free popsicles

Happy New Year! Keep pressing :)

Hi everyone ! My situation is a little different. I initially had the band done back in May of 2013 after only losing about 30 pounds and have complications with the band over the course of a 2 year period I was sleeved in March of 2015 so I'm almost a year out. Here's the kicker , in that year I've only lost an additional 10 pounds ???? my doctor doesn't know why he said there's no way I could have stretched my sleeve In less than a year and I don't believe I have because I still get full quickly but no weight loss. My PCP has now put me on a supplement for weight lost to see if it will help called Contrave and I've been on that for about a month and no result yet but I'm keeping the faith. I've also been advised to change my birth control. I'm 24 and I've been on depo for 6 years and my PCP said this could be hindering my weight loss so I start back on the pill the beginning of next month. It's very frustrating , I only have about 30-40 more pound I want to lose I prior to any survey I weighed 253 I weigh 216 now my goal is around 160-170. I was working out 3-4 days a week with a personal trainer for about 8 months up until about 2 weeks ago I stopped going because in those 8 months I didn't lose ANY weight I actually gained 10 pounds granted some could have been muscle because prior to that I couldn't lift more then 2, 10 pound Dumbbells not I can lift 2, 40 pounds ones so I did get stronger but I don't feel like I weigh 216 pounds but I do. Here's a pic jus 2 months after my band and I had lost no weight post-251004-14521473442515_thumb.jpg.......now this is what I look like today at 216 after the removal of band in March of 2015 and sleeved post-251004-14521474632965_thumb.jpg... Not sure if there will be anyone in this forum with my situation as far as being banded and then converted to sleeve but that's my frustrating story, if anyone has any tips please share ! ????

Edited by bel6692

Bel6692, sorry to hear of your issues. You look great! Keep doing what you're doing and working along with your doctors and I'm sure your efforts will pay off, have you thought about getting a second or third opinion? Good luck to you.

Hello Everyone! I am scheduled to be sleeved 01/14/16!

Hi everyone ! My situation is a little different. I initially had the band done back in May of 2013 after only losing about 30 pounds and have complications with the band over the course of a 2 year period I was sleeved in March of 2015 so I'm almost a year out. Here's the kicker , in that year I've only lost an additional 10 pounds ???? my doctor doesn't know why he said there's no way I could have stretched my sleeve In less than a year and I don't believe I have because I still get full quickly but no weight loss. My PCP has now put me on a supplement for weight lost to see if it will help called Contrave and I've been on that for about a month and no result yet but I'm keeping the faith. I've also been advised to change my birth control. I'm 24 and I've been on depo for 6 years and my PCP said this could be hindering my weight loss so I start back on the pill the beginning of next month. It's very frustrating , I only have about 30-40 more pound I want to lose I prior to any survey I weighed 253 I weigh 216 now my goal is around 160-170. I was working out 3-4 days a week with a personal trainer for about 8 months up until about 2 weeks ago I stopped going because in those 8 months I didn't lose ANY weight I actually gained 10 pounds granted some could have been muscle because prior to that I couldn't lift more then 2, 10 pound Dumbbells not I can lift 2, 40 pounds ones so I did get stronger but I don't feel like I weigh 216 pounds but I do. Here's a pic jus 2 months after my band and I had lost no weight attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1452147343.455875.jpg.......now this is what I look like today at 216 after the removal of band in March of 2015 and sleeved attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1452147462.547651.jpg... Not sure if there will be anyone in this forum with my situation as far as being banded and then converted to sleeve but that's my frustrating story, if anyone has any tips please share ! ????

I was sleeved 9/14/15 & only lost 20 pounds and I will be 4 months post op next week and been on a stall for almost 6 weeks, I get all of my Water and Protein, I keep hearing embrace the stall but it's so frustrating this early on especially when I'm doing everything I'm supposed to , to lose the weight, thank you so much for sharing your story, it lets me know I'm not alone , I know all too well , how you are feeling

Hi Arenea, the endoscopy was real easy, the hardest part was worrying about what was going to happen, lol. They get you comfortable and the anesthesia doctor come in and talk to you to explain what is going to happen, then they gently put you to sleep, you don't feel anything, it's a very relaxing nap, the doctor takes pics of your esophagus and stomach just to make sure there aren't any problems that might interfere with your WLS, the procedure is really quick about 30 mins then you wake up and go home, simple. You won't have a problem so save yourself a headache and don't worry.

Thank you:)

@@byebyefat I feel great , other than I'm always tired and that probably because I'm B12 deficient and I'm suppose to get monthly injections but my insurance doesn't cover the needles. Other than that, I'm fine but frustrated because I know my goal is attainable

@@bel6692

A lot of people that are band to sleeve lose slowly.

Do you track your food with an app?

What do you eat in a typical day? How many carbs, Protein, fat?

you probably won't be able to get in more than 500 calories until 6 weeks. If you want to get your calories up you are going to have to just sip on Protein Drinks all day. your stomach is healing and lacks capacity.